Finally Non-Broken Tarts

Here is my first batch of tarts that did not break.  Made them with a 80% GG & 20% Feather blend.  They are lilac scented tarts.  Took pic with my phone so they are not  the best.  It was using a fairy mold i picked up online and they weight between 0.7-0.8 oz each.

HappyFairyFamily.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

That's a lot of detail! I can't see if there is much feathering with the wax, how did that turn out?

I'm glad you found a way to fix the breakage issue!

Due to how detailed most of the tarts are you do not see as much of the GG/feathering in the wax.  There is some in various areas tho.  Just not a prominent as it would be in a flatter tart.  The rose shaped tarts i make do show the effect of the wax better than the fairy, butterfly, and hummingbird molds due.  Since it is mainly GG there wont be alot of feathering per-say in the wax.  I am just glad i managed to get this mold to work it was the one giving me all kinds of trouble and it cost me almost 30$ with shipping charges.  The hummingbird tarts are just as detailed if not a bit more so.

Edited by ncraiders