My First Owl with Plastic Mold

Hopie

Same as Mr. Dan's, so I thought I'd post my first Owl candle. He has truly inspired me to go ahead and get this cute owl, and I'm so glad I did! Thanks, Mr. Dan! :rockon:

IMG_20180709_123941.jpg

• Like 7

On 7/9/2018 at 4:57 PM, MrDan said:

How tall did you say he is? 6”? I think yours is almost twice as tall as mine (3.5”). Mine take about 4.5 oz, which is kind of a pain to make, lol.

Love that lavender color though! 

He is just under 6 1/2 inches big! He takes four of those small blocks of wax I got at Michael's for testing purposes. I was using a postal scale, but it has gone kaputz, so I don't know how many ounces he is! (I guess it was time for that scale to go bust, I've had it for SO many years, and it gave me good service when I was shipping stuff like crazy) Tried a new battery, and it would not come on..grrr! So, I'll grab one at Amazon so I can test how much weight each mold takes, since none of them have the weight needed on the packaging or instructions. 

I used 21 ply flat braid for my wick testing, which I haven't lit him up yet. I'm having fun just looking at his cuteness for now, lol! I just unmolded him in red this morning, and he looks great! A little tricky to do the repour, hard to see into the mold, so I used a tiny LED flashlight to see how much more I needed to pour. It worked.

• 1 year later...
On 7/9/2018 at 7:50 PM, Hopie said:

Same as Mr. Dan's, so I thought I'd post my first Owl candle. He has truly inspired me to go ahead and get this cute owl, and I'm so glad I did! Thanks, Mr. Dan! :rockon:

I love your owl candle, it's adorable.

• Like 1