Jump to content
cswilson

Aroma Bead Ornies not working out

Recommended Posts

Same for me. They only lasted a few days. Paul suggested that they soak up more oil, but at what point is it becoming not cost-effective AND I don’t Like the way they look after they bake. 

23 minutes ago, cswilson said:

The "wrong beads" I used for the car freshies only lasted  a couple of days. I just received my new beads from Paul, so I'll be trying those out soon. Everyone wish me luck since this is my 3rd or 4th attempt at making them since these bad beads are making the rounds.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Skk5233 said:

Same for me. They only lasted a few days. Paul suggested that they soak up more oil, but at what point is it becoming not cost-effective AND I don’t Like the way they look after they bake. 

 

I'm hoping that these new beads which are actually the old beads, work for me as well as they have for the others. I agree with you on how they looked, they were horrible and I felt it was a waste of fragrance oil on them because the smell faded so quick. If it doesn't work out this time then I'm done with trying to make it work. The first beads I ordered were wonderful and I was very happy with them until everyone seemed to switch to the so called "premium beads" and that's when the trouble started for me!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cswilson said:

I'm hoping that these new beads which are actually the old beads, work for me as well as they have for the others. I agree with you on how they looked, they were horrible and I felt it was a waste of fragrance oil on them because the smell faded so quick. If it doesn't work out this time then I'm done with trying to make it work. The first beads I ordered were wonderful and I was very happy with them until everyone seemed to switch to the so called "premium beads" and that's when the trouble started for me!

 

Ok at this point ,I consider myself lucky to have received the hood beads . If I place another order for premium beads ,will I be getting the same as I originally started with . ?  never had a issue & performance was great .I am out& need to order asap . Thanks in advance .

Kat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Ok at this point ,I consider myself lucky to have received the hood beads . If I place another order for premium beads ,will I be getting the same as I originally started with . ?  never had a issue & performance was great .I am out& need to order asap . Thanks in advance .

Kat

When I spoke to Paul he said they were going to label the bad beads as high melting or something like that, they hadn't decided what to call them yet. He said to go ahead and order the premium beads and they should be the old ones. I would call and place my order just to make sure you get the right ones though.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cswilson said:

When I spoke to Paul he said they were going to label the bad beads as high melting or something like that, they hadn't decided what to call them yet. He said to go ahead and order the premium beads and they should be the old ones. I would call and place my order just to make sure you get the right ones though.

 

I am so confused as to what may have went wrong bc I always ordered the premium & no issues ever . It's been a while back & ordered twice now . I an guessing he received a bad batch or something . I will call in my order & be sure to ask him for the exact same beads ,I received a couple months ago . They were really great & no issues at all. I know I ordered the Premium .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul from PlasticPelletsforFun is trying to help me but says he has not had complaints regarding the fragrance not lasting from the problem beads.  If you contacted him, did you mention the fragrance not lasting?

GoldieMN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 5:47 PM, GoldieMN said:

Paul from PlasticPelletsforFun is trying to help me but says he has not had complaints regarding the fragrance not lasting from the problem beads.  If you contacted him, did you mention the fragrance not lasting?

GoldieMN

No, I didn't mention anything about the scent not lasting. I only realized the scent didn't last after I put one I had left over from a batch in my car and it didn't last but 2 days. I was so focused on the beads that I didn't even think about the scent not lasting.

On 10/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, katmeltswax said:

I am so confused as to what may have went wrong bc I always ordered the premium & no issues ever . It's been a while back & ordered twice now . I an guessing he received a bad batch or something . I will call in my order & be sure to ask him for the exact same beads ,I received a couple months ago . They were really great & no issues at all. I know I ordered the Premium .

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! After reading this post. Has anyone made any since they got them? Did they work ok? I just placed an order, I haven’t had much luck with aroma beads from other companies in the past, so this is my last try.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kheidtbrink said:

Hi! After reading this post. Has anyone made any since they got them? Did they work ok? I just placed an order, I haven’t had much luck with aroma beads from other companies in the past, so this is my last try.

 

Yes, the beads I ordered were just fine. Where did you get yours from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kheidtbrink said:

I ordered the PlasticPellets4Fun premium ones. In the past the others I bought the scent wouldn’t last long. Has the scent been lasting for you?

Yes, so far it's been pretty good. I made some about a week ago and so far so good. I guess I'll know more in another week or two!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Kheidtbrink said:

I ordered the PlasticPellets4Fun premium ones. In the past the others I bought the scent wouldn’t last long. Has the scent been lasting for you?

At first I was using the same recipe as I did with beads from other suppliers and it didn’t last long. I saw A recipe on here and tried it and have been successful ever since. I use One cup of beads to one ounce of scent oil. They have been lasting 4-6 weeks and some of the stronger scents even longer! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, Kheidtbrink said:

I ordered the PlasticPellets4Fun premium ones. In the past the others I bought the scent wouldn’t last long. Has the scent been lasting for you?

I have had great luck with the Plastics4fun premie beads ,long lasting & no issues at all. Love those beads 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be getting them today. So can you give me tips? I have made aroma beads in sachets but not ornaments. From what I have read in this post is to put them 1 cup to one ounce fragrance oil until soaked up then add the the ornament with a nail for the hole. Fill about 3/4 or to the top and bake at 350 for 10 minutes give or take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! I wouls Let them cure an extra day or so after they are dry. I find It helps them maintain their scent. Also, use glass jars to cure them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kheidtbrink said:

I will be getting them today. So can you give me tips? I have made aroma beads in sachets but not ornaments. From what I have read in this post is to put them 1 cup to one ounce fragrance oil until soaked up then add the the ornament with a nail for the hole. Fill about 3/4 or to the top and bake at 350 for 10 minutes give or take. 

Yes you hot it right ,oven temps vary so just keep your eye on them kwim. You can use glass jars as skk5233 suggested ,however I have switched my soaking to my polypropylene bags ,I find it much easier to blend the oils into the beads . I put the beads ,oil color etc into the bags ,tie them up & soak till dry . The oils soak up super fast & mine stay in the bags until ready to bake . It does not hurt to leave them for any length of time . I get great results .Make sure to use polypropylene if you are not going to use the glass jars .

I switched from jars bc I find it takes up less space during dry time as well .Hope this helps !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

Yes you hot it right ,oven temps vary so just keep your eye on them kwim. You can use glass jars as skk5233 suggested ,however I have switched my soaking to my polypropylene bags ,I find it much easier to blend the oils into the beads . I put the beads ,oil color etc into the bags ,tie them up & soak till dry . The oils soak up super fast & mine stay in the bags until ready to bake . It does not hurt to leave them for any length of time . I get great results .Make sure to use polypropylene if you are not going to use the glass jars .

I switched from jars bc I find it takes up less space during dry time as well .Hope this helps !

@katmeltswax where do you get your bags from? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skk5233 said:

@katmeltswax where do you get your bags from? 

I order bags from Papermart by the case ,as I also use these to pack my wax melts . If you don't want a case you can easily purchase on eBay or Amazon .I do want to say ,make sure you order polypropylene ,not polyethylene .

This is super important not to absorb the scent from your beads kwim. It's so much easier to use bags instead of jars imo. It allows you to really mix the oil into the beads & takes up less space .I keep all my bags in one big container & keep them blending off & on thru out the day kwim.Make sure all your bags are tied very secure .Easy peezy lol!

This technique works like a charm 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Skk5233 said:

Do you use zip bags?

No I use polypropylene bags with out the zip ,however you can buy polypropylene zipper bags & this will work better . I just have so many of the other ,I use for melts ,so I use them for the beads kwim. I think zip will work even better .

I will probably end up ordering polypropylene zip type eventually bc it will make it even easier kwim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kheidtbrink said:

Well just got done making my first ornaments, and it worked great! Now to test longevity. Anybody have tips on how to melt them without getting spikey edges that you have to trim?

I'm glad they turned out well for you. About the spikes, that means that you've baked them too long. I have found that it's hard to get them to not have the spikes because if you don't bake them long enough then then don't set, but it you do it too long than you get the spikes!! Not sure what to do about that except keep trimming them! Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with cswilson, I find I just have to trim the pointy spikes off bc if you do not bake the beads long enough ,we all know what happens . You will have beads falling out from the middle . I do not get alot of spikes & just trim the ones that need a trim....

Glad your getting good results 😀

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...