Aroma Bead Ornies not working out

cswilson

Well I was using a lot less oil like they were the old beads at first and it was like they were holding on to the scent and wouldn’t let it go lol. I have Not baked any yet with the new recipe. I have Several batches curing and can’t wait to bake!! If they last as long as you say though i will Be placing a bulk order soon!! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I love these beads! I have baked with great results . It's been close to a month now & the freshners are still going strong. I love the way the beads soak up the oils so quickly ,I have definitely found my new supplier for beads .Are you getting good results ? I am very satisfied with this co. 😀

I'm so glad you're having great results with these beads! I haven't even put any on to soak yet. I may do that this weekend. Hopefully we have a new supplier for great beads! Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 8:47 AM, Skk5233 said:

Well I was using a lot less oil like they were the old beads at first and it was like they were holding on to the scent and wouldn’t let it go lol. I have Not baked any yet with the new recipe. I have Several batches curing and can’t wait to bake!! If they last as long as you say though i will Be placing a bulk order soon!! 

These beads soak up super fast & hold the scent for a long time . I am definitely using this co for my car fresh beads in the future . I have no complaints.

I know you will love these comparing to the others  😀

On 8/23/2018 at 9:41 PM, Belinda said:

I'm so glad you're having great results with these beads! I haven't even put any on to soak yet. I may do that this weekend. Hopefully we have a new supplier for great beads! Thanks for posting.

I think you will be very happy with the beads ,so far so good here 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skk5233 said:

What do you guys store your dried beads in? I’m getting ready for a craft show so i need To cure a lot of beads...just not sure how to store them once they are dry until I’m ready to bake. Any suggestions?

I keep mine in glass jars ,or polypropylene bags always.

I bought a case (12) of jars from wal-mart for fairly cheap and I keep all my beads in those. I tried using just a regular baggie but since the scents will transfer to each other if they are stacked on top or put next to the other scents then I found the jars are easier.

I've been putting together a caution label for aroma bead ornaments and happened to read this on Nature's Garden:

"Please be advised:  We do not recommend the hanging air fresheners for cars. This is due to the extreme temperatures that cars can reach during the summer months. The beads may melt and fall apart at high temperatures."

Geesh, I made these mainly for cars!  Has anyone had the beads melt and fall apart?  Should they be sold in organza bags and customer instructed to keep in that bag?  Then I guess I wouldn't put a hole and ribbon through them.  I need to order  this caution label tonight in order to get 50% off on them. :confused::confused::confused:

GoldieMN

2 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

I've been putting together a caution label for aroma bead ornaments and happened to read this on Nature's Garden:

"Please be advised:  We do not recommend the hanging air fresheners for cars. This is due to the extreme temperatures that cars can reach during the summer months. The beads may melt and fall apart at high temperatures."

Geesh, I made these mainly for cars!  Has anyone had the beads melt and fall apart?  Should they be sold in organza bags and customer instructed to keep in that bag?  Then I guess I wouldn't put a hole and ribbon through them.  I need to order  this caution label tonight in order to get 50% off on them. :confused::confused::confused:

GoldieMN

I have made over a hundred car freshners with the beads from Plasticpellets4fun ,none have ever melted in the cars .I live in South Tx & temps have been up to 100 this entire month.

I also noticed the scent has been lasting a month thus far & still can smell the freshners .I have them in our vehicles & customers have really complimented the freshners kwim .

I know the melting point on these are high . I will look this up & let you know . I have never tried NG beads . I did try Aztecs with bad results , crumbled in the middle & had a bad bad vinegar smell to them.

I always place a nail at the top before baking to make the hang hole ,then thread the twine thru this for hanging .

The bulk of my customers only use these for their cars .

I highly recommend the plastic pellets for car freshners 😀

Kat

4 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

I have made over a hundred car freshners with the beads from Plasticpellets4fun ,none have ever melted in the cars .I live in South Tx & temps have been up to 100 this entire month.

I also noticed the scent has been lasting a month thus far & still can smell the freshners .I have them in our vehicles & customers have really complimented the freshners kwim .

I know the melting point on these are high . I will look this up & let you know . I have never tried NG beads . I did try Aztecs with bad results , crumbled in the middle & had a bad bad vinegar smell to them.

I always place a nail at the top before baking to make the hang hole ,then thread the twine thru this for hanging .

The bulk of my customers only use these for their cars .

I highly recommend the plastic pellets for car freshners 😀

Kat

Same here Kat! I live in west Texas where it gets up to 120! I have Been testing the Plastic Pellets4Fun scents in cars and no melting issues whatsoever! Just now started testing my fall line and one scent smells up and an entire office suite inside and the car fresheners have been showing great results!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skk5233 said:

Same here Kat! I live in west Texas where it gets up to 120! I have Been testing the Plastic Pellets4Fun scents in cars and no melting issues whatsoever! Just now started testing my fall line and one scent smells up and an entire office suite inside and the car fresheners have been showing great results!!

These beads are the absolute best ever right ...I love the way they absorb so quickly & hold the scent so long .

I have a Community sale coming up in a few weeks & plan to take 200 . I have had nothing but great feedback with these beads ,so glad I have finally found some great quality beads without any issues at all 😀

I am glad you tried these & happy with the results .

12 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

These beads are the absolute best ever right ...I love the way they absorb so quickly & hold the scent so long .

I have a Community sale coming up in a few weeks & plan to take 200 . I have had nothing but great feedback with these beads ,so glad I have finally found some great quality beads without any issues at all 😀

I am glad you tried these & happy with the results .

Have you tried leather with these beads yet?

Do the beads swell much when they soak up the oil? I guess I expected them to act more like my son's sensory water beads that soften & get the size of marbles when in water.  Of course I'm not using the same volume of liquid though, so probably that's why they stay about the same size.

About how many ornies can be made per lb of beads?

No, they don't swell up.  I can get 9 ornies out of one cup of beads (5.5 ounces) plus 1 ounce of fragrance oil.  It will depend on the size of your cookie cutters.  The ones I already had are 2-2 1/2"; I fill them to the top.  (They shrink a bit as they melt.)  I just ordered some 3" so will not get as many from the new cutters.

I can't remember how I came up with 1 ounce fo to 1 cup beads.  I guess I was thinking a cup is 8 oz. (liquid) and didn't refigure for the 5.5 ounces I got when weighing the beads.  Hopefully, they will be strong enough.  The first batch I made have even less oil in them, and they smell up the car nicely.  So what do you all think?  Should I throw more oil in the beads I mixed up today? 

GoldieMN

2 hours ago, Timber said:

Do the beads swell much when they soak up the oil? I guess I expected them to act more like my son's sensory water beads that soften & get the size of marbles when in water.  Of course I'm not using the same volume of liquid though, so probably that's why they stay about the same size.

About how many ornies can be made per lb of beads?

I usually get 3 per cup 8 ozs in my regular size cutters ,of course this can vary according to the size of the cutter. I have a few molds that are as large as 2 regular kwim.

I sell the bigger ones for a lil bit more . 

I am thinking a average of 6 per lb .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldieMN said:

No, they don't swell up.  I can get 9 ornies out of one cup of beads (5.5 ounces) plus 1 ounce of fragrance oil.  It will depend on the size of your cookie cutters.  The ones I already had are 2-2 1/2"; I fill them to the top.  (They shrink a bit as they melt.)  I just ordered some 3" so will not get as many from the new cutters.

I can't remember how I came up with 1 ounce fo to 1 cup beads.  I guess I was thinking a cup is 8 oz. (liquid) and didn't refigure for the 5.5 ounces I got when weighing the beads.  Hopefully, they will be strong enough.  The first batch I made have even less oil in them, and they smell up the car nicely.  So what do you all think?  Should I throw more oil in the beads I mixed up today? 

GoldieMN

I put 1 oz per cup beads . Mine come out strong & long lasting .If you measure 1 cup & add 1 oz should be great kwim. Pretty sure this comes out to 8 ozs of beads when weighed . I will double check & let you know for sure .

Lol I never get 9 ornies out of a cup ,however my cutters are mostly large size up to 5"+ in height .I use alot of Ann Clark cutters thou .

Edited by katmeltswax
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cswilson said:

I finally ordered beads from plasticpellets4fun and I'm very impressed so far. I started the scent Leather soaking and it really absorbed the oil quickly. I haven't baked them yet but so far so good!

I to just love  these beads & leather soaks up so fast . I have so many request for leather & cherry leather here in Tx . Also cinnamon absorbs fast with these ,other beads took way to long with the both of these scents . I have dry beads in 24 hours 😀

• Like 1

Sorry, sorry, sorry!  I didn't check before I posted my last post, but I made two batches of 2 cups beads and 2 ounces of oil to get the 9 ornies.  They are 3/4" deep and weigh approximately 1.5 ounces each.  Wish I could go back and edit that post. :(

GoldieMN

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Sorry, sorry, sorry!  I didn't check before I posted my last post, but I made two batches of 2 cups beads and 2 ounces of oil to get the 9 ornies.  They are 3/4" deep and weigh approximately 1.5 ounces each.  Wish I could go back and edit that post. :(

GoldieMN

Lol yes I was starting to think you had some mini tiny cutters . I am sure the others will see this corrected amount post . I tried to edit something earlier myself ,it will not let us unless we do it really quick .

I really love the Plastics4fun beads b/c they last so long & soak up the oil in 24 hours ,also the price is great kwim.

Kat

15 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

Lol yes I was starting to think you had some mini tiny cutters . I am sure the others will see this corrected amount post . I tried to edit something earlier myself ,it will not let us unless we do it really quick .

I really love the Plastics4fun beads b/c they last so long & soak up the oil in 24 hours ,also the price is great kwim.

Kat

Actually, I DO have some really little ones.  LOL  Haven't tried those though.

So now I will throw one other thing out there:  I did some calculating, and I believe my 1.5 ounce aroma bead ornaments cost me less than a dollar including beads, oil, bag, label. 

GoldieMN