Aroma Bead Ornies not working out

cswilson

• 4 months later...

I wish I would have seen all of this before buying anything from aromabeadsonine.com, that woman is rude and very unprofessional. She did not send me all of my product in my first order so I asked her to send it in my second order, she not only did not put it in my second order, but she left something else out of my order as well and just gave me a store credit instead of sending it, so now I have to make a purchase of at least $15 in order to use my store credit and get my items!! I think I will take the $6 loss and call it a day! I will not be purchasing from her again. Do you have suggestions on where to get fragrances, dyes and beads, i want good beads, these beads I just got dont seem to be keeping the scent. 

On 3/18/2019 at 11:25 PM, angeleyes1078 said:

I wish I would have seen all of this before buying anything from aromabeadsonine.com, that woman is rude and very unprofessional. She did not send me all of my product in my first order so I asked her to send it in my second order, she not only did not put it in my second order, but she left something else out of my order as well and just gave me a store credit instead of sending it, so now I have to make a purchase of at least $15 in order to use my store credit and get my items!! I think I will take the $6 loss and call it a day! I will not be purchasing from her again. Do you have suggestions on where to get fragrances, dyes and beads, i want good beads, these beads I just got dont seem to be keeping the scent. 

Lonestar candle has good scents and dyes. Bittercreek beads are good. 

On 3/18/2019 at 11:48 PM, iansmommaya said:

Silly question, I'm sure but are these just plastic pellets?

No, not sure what the different combination of plastic is, but not all plastic beads will soak up the oil and color 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 11:25 PM, angeleyes1078 said:

I don't buy from aroma beads online anymore. I finally threw a ten pound bag in the trash from there. I get my beads at Plastic Pellets 4 Fun and they're great. NG also has great beads as does Bitter Creek North. I bought some from Lone Star but haven't soaked them yet. 

Lone Star has great dyes as well as oils and also RE, Flaming, for oils and dye. NG has good oils, Candle Science and Candlewic all have good oils. Fragrance Buddy, Just Scent, Aztec and others all have good oils. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 6:37 PM, Belinda said:

I don't buy from aroma beads online anymore. I finally threw a ten pound bag in the trash from there. I get my beads at Plastic Pellets 4 Fun and they're great. NG also has great beads as does Bitter Creek North. I bought some from Lone Star but haven't soaked them yet. 

Lone Star has great dyes as well as oils and also RE, Flaming, for oils and dye. NG has good oils, Candle Science and Candlewic all have good oils. Fragrance Buddy, Just Scent, Aztec and others all have good oils. 

Have you tried the beads from Lonestar yet?  Was going to dabble in the air fresheners again and would love to order from them as I already get a ton of product there.   How do they compare to the one from Plastic Pellets?

1 hour ago, beckemmons said:

I am fixing to order from plastic pellets 4 fun. Are the economy beads the ones everyone was having problems with? 

Are you making the pellet-bead ornaments that get melted in the oven?  Then buy the "premium" aroma beads.  The problems we were having was from a shipment Pellets4Fun got in that they were told were the same but didn't perform the same.  The company corrected that error. 

GoldieMN  

12 hours ago, beckemmons said:

I am fixing to order from plastic pellets 4 fun. Are the economy beads the ones everyone was having problems with? 

There were some on here that had trouble with those beads so I would order the premium ones. I never used the economy beads so I can't say from experience. I had problems with the beads from Aroma Beads Online and Buy It Ship It which are the same beads. They're horrible since they changed their beads.

On 4/29/2019 at 11:26 PM, Sebleo said:

Have you tried the beads from Lonestar yet?  Was going to dabble in the air fresheners again and would love to order from them as I already get a ton of product there.   How do they compare to the one from Plastic Pellets?

I'm sorry I haven't. I'd actually forgot about having them until I read this post. Have you ordered from them yet? If not, I can go find their beads and put some on to soak and see how they do.

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

I'm sorry I haven't. I'd actually forgot about having them until I read this post. Have you ordered from them yet? If not, I can go find their beads and put some on to soak and see how they do.

Not yet. It’s actually a project for later this summer. Just wanted to know how they stack up to the main one you use. 

It would be great to be able to order with them since I already get a lot of oils and some wax. 

Dont rush for me, although I do appreciate it. Just post back here when you do please!

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 9:27 PM, Sebleo said:

Not yet. It’s actually a project for later this summer. Just wanted to know how they stack up to the main one you use. 

It would be great to be able to order with them since I already get a lot of oils and some wax. 

Dont rush for me, although I do appreciate it. Just post back here when you do please!

Defiantly will let you know!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I also ordered my beads from her when I first started. I had the same problem with my beads in the middle. The first time I ordered from her she called me asking me what I was going to do with all of those beads and fragrance oils. The fragrance oils aren’t worth the money either. They will only last a day or two! I now get my beads from Plasticpellets4fun and they are awesome. Fast shipping and the best prices I’ve seen so far!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been making ornaments for about 6 months now and have regular business.  Everything has been going fine up until now....HELP! 

Problem 1: I have dried & cured beads (at least a week) and they smell great in their 32oz mason jar.  My recipe is 1.5oz of FO (from LS, TCS & FC) to 12oz beads (from BuyItShipIt) and bake @ 330 for about 10-12 min.  I'm suddenly getting the report they are losing their scent after 2 weeks.  What am I doing wrong?

Problem 2: I purchased beads from PP4F and have mixed up about 25 jars of various scents on/around June 20th (same recipe above). The beads are still not completely dry (sticking/clumping together).  My only thought is I may be putting too many beads in the jar and not allowing them enough breathing room.  BUT...I never ran into this problem before!?!

Suggestions??

3 hours ago, NGT08 said:

I've been making ornaments for about 6 months now and have regular business.  Everything has been going fine up until now....HELP! 

Problem 1: I have dried & cured beads (at least a week) and they smell great in their 32oz mason jar.  My recipe is 1.5oz of FO (from LS, TCS & FC) to 12oz beads (from BuyItShipIt) and bake @ 330 for about 10-12 min.  I'm suddenly getting the report they are losing their scent after 2 weeks.  What am I doing wrong?

Problem 2: I purchased beads from PP4F and have mixed up about 25 jars of various scents on/around June 20th (same recipe above). The beads are still not completely dry (sticking/clumping together).  My only thought is I may be putting too many beads in the jar and not allowing them enough breathing room.  BUT...I never ran into this problem before!?!

Suggestions??

I never Buy from Buy It Ship It anymore or Aromabeads Online because they don’t last. I buy From PP4F and never have any problems. What ratio are you using with your oils?

@NGT08 How long ago did you buy the beads from PlasticPellets4Fun?  They had some premium beads, last year, that were not performing well for some of us including taking forever to soak up the fragrance oils.  Their supplier had sent them a different bead.  You could contact them to see if they sent you those beads (no matter when you bought them).  The company is aware of the problems we were having and worked with customers who contacted them.  It would just be good to know if it is the bead and not something else.  My biggest fear was the final product wouldn't have any aroma after a week or so as others were having that problem as well.  So I didn't sell those ornaments.  Maybe once the beads are dry and you have waited another couple of days, you could make a test ornament.  See how long the aroma lasts for you.

GoldieMN

I know...but not with these beads!  I literally did 10 different scents and ALL of them had the same effect.  PP4F beads are different compared to the others I have used in the past.  I am not being negative...if anything it is a good thing.  I will be saving money on oils!

Has anyone researched the density of the oils?  How much oil to use PER fragrance to get the max benefit?

On 8/30/2018 at 6:24 PM, GoldieMN said:

I've been putting together a caution label for aroma bead ornaments and happened to read this on Nature's Garden:

"Please be advised:  We do not recommend the hanging air fresheners for cars. This is due to the extreme temperatures that cars can reach during the summer months. The beads may melt and fall apart at high temperatures."

Geesh, I made these mainly for cars!  Has anyone had the beads melt and fall apart?  Should they be sold in organza bags and customer instructed to keep in that bag?  Then I guess I wouldn't put a hole and ribbon through them.  I need to order  this caution label tonight in order to get 50% off on them. :confused::confused::confused:

GoldieMN

I actually had beads from Aztec to where I sold them as air fresheners and one of mine completely melted in my customers car! It is still on the string but it is totally warped 🙄

mans this is why I’m looking for a new bead supplier 🤷‍♀️

8 hours ago, Anna12345678 said:

I actually had beads from Aztec to where I sold them as air fresheners and one of mine completely melted in my customers car! It is still on the string but it is totally warped 🙄

mans this is why I’m looking for a new bead supplier 🤷‍♀️

I've been doing these for about 5-6 years and have only known of one to do this.

I've been getting my beads from Plastic Pellets 4 Fun and they seem to be good beads. I would buy from NG or BCN but their beads are higher and shipping is high to where I live but their beads are good too. I really think the ones from PP4F are the same but can't be sure unless I have some to test side by side. I've bought the beads from Aztec before and they are bigger beads that take longer to soak up and you have to bake them longer. I don't really care for theirs. Don't buy the ones from Aroma Beads Online or Buy It Ship It because they are trash beads in my opinion. A lot of us have had trouble with them.