Aroma Bead Ornies not working out

cswilson

How come he doesn't stand behind his products? He should be taking all of the beads back. I do have good prices and lightning fast shipping. But they need to fix this situation for you all.I only ordered them once so far and my melted but I was told that on here that I should have bought the economy ones. I was only using mine in a organza bag.

I didnt Know you got the strange batch...I didnt even Know there was a strange batch when I replied to your comment about your beads. I remember our conversation. He did in fact offer to take mine back but I had already colored and scented them, so I opted to try and bake at the lower temps. Paul will stand by his product, that’s why so keep telling everyone to contact him. That way he knows which beads we prefer. He’s not a candle company and he’s new to the aromabead business so he’s relying on our expertise and experience. 

I didnt Know you got the strange batch...I didnt even Know there was a strange batch when I replied to your comment about your beads. I remember our conversation. He did in fact offer to take mine back but I had already colored and scented them, so I opted to try and bake at the lower temps. Paul will stand by his product, that’s why I keep telling everyone to contact him. That way he knows which beads we prefer. He’s not a candle company and he’s new to the aromabead business so he’s relying on our expertise and experience. If you make ornies and you have had the chance to experience the original premium beads like Katmeltswax and I have you would see these are the best beads On the market right now by a long shot! They last far longer and cure faster than any other bead you can buy. 

On 10/5/2018 at 9:12 PM, dpoudrier said:

I bought a kit on Amazon.  I roll of aluminum and some tools to help shape...I haven't been brave enough to try it though.

Let me know if you attempt to make your own ,please post a pic .

I am excited to hear about this adventure .

Kat

Edited by katmeltswax
Typo word error

How long does it take you to dry, say,  a 2-cup batch of beads?   I'm using quart canning jars, shaking them often throughout the day.  It is taking me at least two weeks to get them completely dry.  Is this your experience?

GoldieMN

52 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

How long does it take you to dry, say,  a 2-cup batch of beads?   I'm using quart canning jars, shaking them often throughout the day.  It is taking me at least two weeks to get them completely dry.  Is this your experience?

GoldieMN

What scent are you using? Mine normally cure in a few days...Leather always takes longer

1 hour ago, GoldieMN said:

GoldieMN

The beads I purchase from Plasticpellets4fun only take a day to dry ,some scents will take 2 .Are you getting your beads from this company? 

GoldieMN

I found that it depends on who you buy your beads from. I bought some from Cajun Candle and they never dried after 2 months I threw them in the trash. The same thing with Nature's Garden, they never dried, that's why I finally went with Plasticpellets4fun. They dried up very nice but when I baked them it was a disaster. I'm still looking for a good bead

I just spoke to Paul at Pellets4fun and he said they are going back to the original beads that everyone likes for their Premium Beads. He said that they will be listing the newer bead that everyone is having problems with as a "faster melting bead" or something like that. He said just look for words like that or lower temperature melting beads. He also replaced the beads that I'm having so many problems with for free. I'm impressed by this guy and his commitment to making his customers happy. I certainly hope these beads work out because I would love to keep ordering from this company.

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

The beads I purchase from Plasticpellets4fun only take a day to dry ,some scents will take 2 .Are you getting your beads from this company? 

UGH!  Yes, getting them from Plasticpellets4fun.  All of my fragrances are taking over a week, with cinnamon taking longer.  I don't use leather fragrance oils yet.  If I am able to get these ornies to complete cooking at 350 for 14 minutes, would that indicate I have the old beads?  Again, would like your input but will also contact owner of the pellet company.

GoldieMN

Paul responded to my message and indicated that the beads I'm using, currently, are the ones that others are having problems with.  The two boxes I received last week are the same as my first order (original premier) which dried much quicker.  NOW my suggestions throughout the forum on baking aroma beads for 15 minutes are for the "problem" beads.  I will be testing newer beads with a shorter baking time and let all know how it goes.  Thanks all for your help!

GoldieMN

On October 8, 2018 at 11:45 AM, GoldieMN said:

One ounce oil to 4 ounces of beads.  I use Rustic Escentuals, Candlescience, Crafter's Choice, Fragrance Buddy, and Truscent from Fillmore.

GoldieMN

That sounds like too much oil. I weigh my oil and my beads, I add 20% oil, sometimes less. So for 4 ounces of beads I would add .7-.8 ounces of oil. I often find that even at that ratio, I still need to add more beads.

On 10/7/2018 at 7:01 AM, Skk5233 said:

I didnt Know you got the strange batch...I didnt even Know there was a strange batch when I replied to your comment about your beads. I remember our conversation. He did in fact offer to take mine back but I had already colored and scented them, so I opted to try and bake at the lower temps.

@Skk5233 You mentioned these problem beads' scents don't last as long; but I take it, you packaged and sold them?  Would you say they last half as long as the ornaments made with the good beads?  I have quite a few made but hope they will last at least a month.  

GoldieMN

33 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

That sounds like too much oil. I weigh my oil and my beads, I add 20% oil, sometimes less. So for 4 ounces of beads I would add .7-.8 ounces of oil. I often find that even at that ratio, I still need to add more beads.

The new beads I just received (which are the same as my first order) are drying in a day!  So it was the problem beads.  Now, do I try to sell all the ornies I made if they don't last very long as @Skk5233 stated?  I would have to dump quite a few but don't want dissatisfied customers either.

GoldieMN

30 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

@Skk5233 You mentioned these problem beads' scents don't last as long; but I take it, you packaged and sold them?  Would you say they last half as long as the ornaments made with the good beads?  I have quite a few made but hope they will last at least a month.  

GoldieMN

No I didn’t package and sell them. I tested them on family and friends first because they looked strange when I baked them. It could possibly be that they could soak up even more oil but at what point would that become not cost-effective...you know? 

28 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

The new beads I just received (which are the same as my first order) are drying in a day!  So it was the problem beads.  Now, do I try to sell all the ornies I made if they don't last very long as @Skk5233 stated?  I would have to dump quite a few but don't want dissatisfied customers either.

GoldieMN

I still made some of mine and I did dump about 10 pounds. The ones I made I will just use around my own house or car. 

On 10/9/2018 at 7:07 PM, GoldieMN said:

GoldieMN

I've got some beads from PlasticPellets4fun but I haven't baked them yet. I did notice they have soaked up really fast though. Are these the problem beads? I was ordering from aroma beads online and she changed her beads and they're terrible!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

I've got some beads from PlasticPellets4fun but I haven't baked them yet. I did notice they have soaked up really fast though. Are these the problem beads? I was ordering from aroma beads online and she changed her beads and they're terrible!

If they soak up within a day or two, I would say they are the good beads.  You purchased the "premium" beads, right?  I don't think Paul (PasticPellets4Fun) is sending out the problem ones anymore.  If you ordered awhile ago, call or email him; he can tell you if you got what I call "bad" ones from your order history.

GoldieMN

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Belinda said:

Belinda,The beads that soak up over night, are the good beads .

I personally never received any of the problem beads from this company .I have had great results with all the ones I have received .

I know a couple of members here were having a issue . I think the problem has been resolved by now. I will be ordering again soon & love the results with the ones I used from Plasticpellets4fun. Yours should be fine .I am very happy with these myself & get good feedback . I have a ornie in my car going strong still after 5 weeks now . Let me know how yours are performing . Thank you bunches .

Kat

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 10:26 AM, GoldieMN said:

UGH!  Yes, getting them from Plasticpellets4fun.  All of my fragrances are taking over a week, with cinnamon taking longer.  I don't use leather fragrance oils yet.  If I am able to get these ornies to complete cooking at 350 for 14 minutes, would that indicate I have the old beads?  Again, would like your input but will also contact owner of the pellet company.

GoldieMN

The beads I used only took a day to dry & performance was great . I never received any of the problem beads . I hope the issue has been resolved ,I need to place another order asap . If they are taking that long to soak up the oils ,sounds like the problem beads . Hope I am not going to be wasting money on my next order . Customers have been very happy with the freshners so far . The beads I received were the best ever ,love these .

On 10/9/2018 at 7:36 PM, Skk5233 said:

I still made some of mine and I did dump about 10 pounds. The ones I made I will just use around my own house or car. 

How long did you and your relatives find the "wrong-bead" ornaments lasted?  At least a month?

GoldieMN

How long did you and your relatives find the "wrong-bead" ornaments lasted?  At least a month?

GoldieMN

The "wrong beads" I used for the car freshies only lasted  a couple of days. I just received my new beads from Paul, so I'll be trying those out soon. Everyone wish me luck since this is my 3rd or 4th attempt at making them since these bad beads are making the rounds.