New Pillar Pours

Hopie

Here are a few pillars I did a few nights ago. The first one I scented in Egyptian Amber, with 3 dyes consisting of rust, sand and brown. The second one I'd consider a failure...I was going for red, white and blue, but the red bled into a pink instead. I thought I'd let it set long enough to separate the colors, but I guess not. I used Buttercream for the fragrance. 

IMG_20180704_172450.jpg

IMG_20180704_172543.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, Trappeur. I really wanted to turn out a red, white and blue...I could see it as I poured the white...that it was bleeding. I was hoping I'd get at least SOME white in there. Aw, well...maybe next time. Pouring another new one tonight in greens. We'll see how this one goes, lol.

They look great Hopie! Pyramid pillars are my absolute favorite, and I just love the colors you used!

I can see what you were going for with the star - that's too bad it bled, it would have looked awesome. But Trapp's right, it's still very pretty!

I love the pyramid, too! So far, my favorite one to make. I went for "rustic earthy" on this one, and I'm very happy about how it turned out. Kept rubbing ice cubes on the outside of the mold to get the entire candle to have that finish. Thanks to Pam W, she's the one who told me to do that :)

Yes, I rather like the way the pyramid turned out. I had thought I got a good set before I poured the white, perhaps a thin layer of white....between the colors...set..then pour the white...is that what you mean?

Yes! That mottled rust in the pyramid is the most beautiful shade ever! It’s got that retro 70’s vibe that makes me want to pop in an 8-track while I’m sitting in my incense smoke filled basement room! I love it!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrDan said:

Yes! That mottled rust in the pyramid is the most beautiful shade ever! It’s got that retro 70’s vibe that makes me want to pop in an 8-track while I’m sitting in my incense smoke filled basement room! I love it!

Exactly what I was going for, Mr. Dan! LOL!  :laugh2: