Candle business name....

My husband and I have been trying to think of a name for our business.  I came up with Forever Yours Candles, but he thinks that doesn't sound right for a candle business name.  We make palm wax candles and we're trying to come up with a name to keep the eco-friendly theme going.  Does anyone have any ideas to toss around?  We could really use some help!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, waxwonders15 said:

My husband and I have been trying to think of a name for our business.  I came up with Forever Yours Candles, but he thinks that doesn't sound right for a candle business name.  We make palm wax candles and we're trying to come up with a name to keep the eco-friendly theme going.  Does anyone have any ideas to toss around?  We could really use some help!  Thank you!

I think I agree with your husband on the Forever Yours idea. It's just one of my crazy ways of thinking about things, but what you're selling isn't going to last forever. Go with the eco idea. I don't have anything specific to offer to you, but something may pop up in my head and I'll pass it on to you.  Actually, I do have something to suggest.

Make your company name the same as your website address.  ForeverYoursCandles.com, just like Amazon.com, eBay.com. Those names have become household words. Even if you have no immediate plans for a website, when you come up with your name, go online to some site like GoDaddy.com and buy those domain names fast! Don't wait until "tomorrow" to do that. Make sure you renew them each year. They will be your property should you decide to get a website store going. It's cheap insurance. I think it runs around $15.00 to $20.00 per year per domain name.

• Like 1

You can always go with the simple: Green Palm Candle Co.   the domain www.greenpalmcandle.com is available ...  Some version of a green palm leaf graphic can be incorporated into your package design, labels and/ or logo and "Green" evokes not only the leaf of a palm tree but "eco friendly" too.  🌴

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is my take on it...so many companies have the words "green" or "eco" in them. How about trying one of these:

Earth Works Candles (or Candle Co.)

Earth Light Candles

Earth Walk Candles

• Like 3

As you think about names, say them out loud throughout the day and see if they feel right. Your business name is a part of you. Does it fit? 

Say it to others, like, “ Hi, I’m {your name} from {mybusinessname}.

Pretend to answer your phone as if it’s from the business. “Hello, {businessname}, this is {your name}.

it does not take long to identify feel the name does not fit. 

I rushed her into my first business name and it never felt right. By the third try, I figured it out.

• Like 3

I named mine something simple. Shelley's Heavenly Wax Melts. That is my website name as well.  It will be up running very soon.  It is important I have read to have your own website and not Yahoo or gmail. It is more professional. So that is easy for me to answer the phone. Hi Shelley's Heavenly Wax Melts. This is Shelley. lol I do have my domain paid for. My logo is an angel. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 2:17 AM, Hopie said:

Here is my take on it...so many companies have the words "green" or "eco" in them. How about trying one of these:

Earth Works Candles (or Candle Co.)

Earth Light Candles

Earth Walk Candles

The first two on the list are very good.

WRT web names, KISS

the longer the name the more likely someone will mistype it. Or have a hard time remembering. When talking with friends they’ll likely have a hard time passing the info cleanly. You get the idea. 

Also I tend to prefer Short, fun and clever  names like lush or brambleberry versus timmermannsranchsaddleshop.com

yes that is an actual place. 

I’ve been through this myself several times and am getting closer to mastery. Long way to go though! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TallTayl said:

WRT web names, KISS

the longer the name the more likely someone will mistype it. Or have a hard time remembering. When talking with friends they’ll likely have a hard time passing the info cleanly. You get the idea. 

Also I tend to prefer Short, fun and clever  names like lush or brambleberry versus timmermannsranchsaddleshop.com

yes that is an actual place. 

I’ve been through this myself several times and am getting closer to mastery. Long way to go though! 

Yes I  agree  TT. Keep it simple & short .My first thought on this subject was Flaming Flickers , however I got the feeling she wanted palm in the name .Love the others Hopie suggest as well 😉

• 8 months later...