A Good Lavender for CP Soap

Grani L

Hello / Greetings to all!! I am currently looking for a good lavender for soap making. I used to use the one from the Soap Making Resource, but they are no longer operating. So - if someone could help me out and point me in the direction  to a few reputable companies that you feel has a good strong - but not overbearing, reasonably priced Lavender, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Grani L said:

Hello / Greetings to all!! I am currently looking for a good lavender for soap making. I used to use the one from the Soap Making Resource, but they are no longer operating. So - if someone could help me out and point me in the direction  to a few reputable companies that you feel has a good strong - but not overbearing, reasonably priced Lavender, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

EO or FO? 

Either way I'm not going to be much help. I don't make Lavender anything unless it is a dire request for a very dear loved one, OR if it is in a mix that will mask/overpower the scent because no matter, EO or FO, straight lavender induces migraines in me EVERY TIME I try to use that scent. 

But that info may help someone else suggest a good one for you.

Okay, in that case I moved this topic to the EO fragrance section. Hopefully someone who actually uses Lavender will chime in. 

I know @Candybeeswitched when SMR went OOB, because she also used their lavender. However, I'm not sure if she switched to Camden Grey or somewhere else. 

I know she is super busy with her summer markets 4 days a week and then restocking when she can, so I'm not sure when she'll see this and reply. 

Any lavender 40/42 essential oil will smell virtually the same. Find a small bottle of one from a supplier usually use to see if you like the scent. 

Lavender 40/42, by the way, is standardized, meaning it is lab modified to have the same levels of the components linalool and linalyl that smell like lavender. It’s not synthetic. Every plant crop is different depending on its growing conditions. The oils are comprised of hundreds of scent components. Lavender is easy to standardize the scent of using only two of those.

Once upon a time bulgarian lavender was affordable.wow was that a great one. I have a precios ounce I’m keeping for nostalgia. 

Lavandin grosso or lavandin abrialis can be good alts to lavender, which has price spikes regularly based on supply and demand. I use lavandin abrialis to enhance some 40/42 when I wan mote of the floral notes.

i have never found a lavender fragrance that actually smells like lavender. Most smell like perfume lavender sheets and make me physically sick 😢

• Like 1

Once upon a time bulgarian lavender was affordable.wow was that a great one. I have a precios ounce I’m keeping for nostalgia. 

OMG... BULGARIAN LAVENDER!!!! This is the ONLY lavender I can stand, and it is WONDERFUL! 

Lavandula angustifolia I believe is Bulgarian Lavender.  I buy it by the pound, it's awesome stuff.  My sis is in Bulgaria right now then on to France working with master perfurmers for the essential oil co she works for.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/30/2018 at 7:58 AM, Sponiebr said:

OMG... BULGARIAN LAVENDER!!!! This is the ONLY lavender I can stand, and it is WONDERFUL! 

Amen and amen!  

• Like 1