Dollar Tree 3.25" wide & 7.25 Glass Cylinder

I wonder if any one has attempted or does make candles in there jars? If so can you give me pro's & con's. They are 3.25 inches wide by 7.25 inches high. Do they have a problem burning out as it burns further down into the jar? Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. I use the 70/30 blend like Green Leaf use to offer. 

I typically use only Eco wicks.  Also does anyone know where to get wicks longer than 6 or 7 inches? Thank you in advance for any help or input. 

dollar tree jar 7.125 x.jpg

11 minutes ago, ladysj said:

does anyone know where to get wicks longer than 6 or 7 inches

Lone Star has 10" wicks in a variety of wick series, including ECO. Candlewic has 8" wicks, incl ECO. They also offer a custom wick builder service.

I haven't attempted a candle in that jar, I did see it at Dollar Tree. That glass seems to be rather thin to try to burn a candle all the way down into it without it cracking. I am, however, testing another jar I found at Dollar Tree...it's a storage jar with a screw on lid. I just got finished testing one, and I purposely under wicked it a bit to avoid it cracking. It burned beautifully for me, without getting the glass too hot, I would, however, like to see a bit more flame on it. I'm about to up wick it by one, and retest it for durability. It's SKU number at Dollar Tree is: 259109. Here is a picture of it. I just ordered a case of these to play with, the shipping was cheap. I hope this helps?

JAR.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hopie said:

I haven't attempted a candle in that jar, I did see it at Dollar Tree. That glass seems to be rather thin to try to burn a candle all the way down into it without it cracking.

This and the height concerns me.  Those taller sides mean more heat held in.

• Like 1

Exactly. That's why I decided on the thick glass jar with the lid. I do know that Yankee sells a similar jar, however, it seems much sturdier than the one I saw at DT.