WSP Recommendations?

Bellevan

So I apparently live in a hot bed of fragrance suppliers — Nature’s Garden is an hour away, Bulk Apothecary and Wholesale Supplies Plus are a half hour away. Sadly due to their hours and lack of being open on weekends I haven’t had a chance to check anywhere out. Until today! WSP’s Handmade Studio has extended hours today. While I’ve found recommendations by browsing around, I was wondering if anyone had any further recommendations or favorite FO’s from WSP I should seek out? I’ve seen good things about their baked bread and I’m excited to test sniff that one for sure!

They have a lot of great oils! I don't know which ones are available at the studio though. Really you can't go wrong almost anything from them.

Some of my favorites are:

Sand Dune

Vanilla Noir

Apple Orchard

Shampure

I would get more oils from them, but even with their free shipping they are a little pricey for me. I'm totally jealous of your location! Have fun!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They have so many good ones - one of my favorite suppliers hands down

you are very lucky to be so close to them, I would get myself into serious trouble if I did 😂 but with shipping included in their prices they really are not much more expensive when all is said and done -I priced buying one pound from CS and other suppliers and there hardly was a difference - buying multiple from other suppliers is a little savings but the quality of Wsp I have been thrilled with 

vanilla bean noel

autumn lodge

sun and sand

dune grass

bamboo

clean cotton

fresh picked pomelo

vanilla oak

rainforest 

witches brew 

there is more but that’s what I got off the top of my head 

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone! I smelled a lot more things I wouldn’t have otherwise based on people’s recommendations!   I picked up:

baked bread

sage & cinnamon

hello sugar

fisherman

desert lime & cucumber

incense & oud

I would’ve gotten a lot more too if I could’ve, lol. Definitely going to pick up jelly donut and a couple other recommended ones next time. I also discovered that they apparently  do have Saturday hours now 😱 very dangerous.

2 hours ago, bfroberts said:

Jealous!  Around here we got nothin'.

Fisherman has me intrigued.

It's very nice and interesting. I thought at first that it was a misleading name with the description (herbs + anise) but then I realized that it's probably based off of Fisherman's Friends throat lozenges.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Bellevan said:

It's very nice and interesting. I thought at first that it was a misleading name with the description (herbs + anise) but then I realized that it's probably based off of Fisherman's Friends throat lozenges.

Apparently fishermen and hunters use anise to cover their human smell. I believe the fishermen will even wash their lures with anise soap to get rid of the people smell on them. Although you could also be on to something with the lozenges too!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

Apparently fishermen and hunters use anise to cover their human smell. I believe the fishermen will even wash their lures with anise soap to get rid of the people smell on them. Although you could also be on to something with the lozenges too!

That’s so interesting! I was doing a bit more reading and apparently some fish really like the flavor of of licorice/anise and the scent is used to lure them. I never would’ve put two and two together.

18 hours ago, Bellevan said:

That’s so interesting! I was doing a bit more reading and apparently some fish really like the flavor of of licorice/anise and the scent is used to lure them. I never would’ve put two and two together.

Always made me scratch my head about scents to mask human scent to fish. For one, the boat, clothes, beer, etc and equipment reek of gas, human and everything else outside of the water. How will a comparatively teensy amount of anything, let alone anise wash off soap cover all that? Sounds more like superstition but if it makes someone feel great that’s all that counts. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Of those Oakmoss sandalwood and BlackSalt cypress are two fantastic Sellers for me.

Sandalwood is a light thrower.

oakmoss is super powerful.

Burnede wood was pretty mild in my waxes. I use it as a blender

Dirt is a nice blender too. Super super powerful.

Black Amber Musk was nice, although I was hoping for something a little richer. I used it as a blender and I was pleased.

I thought Amber was kind of uninspired, but it was a nice blender too.

I'm curious to hear if you like the Amber & Incense, that's one I've been wanting to try.

I liked the 50 Shades, it is good cologne type. I am planning to use it in soap eventually, but I haven't put it in anything yet.

I didn't order any oils with their last sale, just some bottles and packaging supplies I was low on. 😮

I have so many oils that I haven't even touched yet!

I don't make candles but soap/B&B.  I've used true lilac and it's a nice one.  Discolored my soap an orange/yellow.  Almost looked like DOS at first.   50 Shades I make and sell in soap and shave soap.  Good scent.  Not super strong like some men's scents.

• 1 year later...

Have you all tried their musk-heavy scents?  Musk, Pink Musk, Vanilla Musk, Black Vanilla Musk, Masculine Musk, etc.  If you search for "musk" on their site, those come up at the top of the list and then it starts including FOs that have musk in the other notes (not the name).  I may get that lilac @Shari mentioned too, as I missed that in the past.  Also am interested in Bella's Kiss, Witches' Brew, Heavenly, and Sea Glass.

Anybody want to add any to the above raves and recs?

On 8/25/2020 at 4:21 PM, Darbla said:

Have you all tried their musk-heavy scents?  Musk, Pink Musk, Vanilla Musk, Black Vanilla Musk, Masculine Musk, etc.  If you search for "musk" on their site, those come up at the top of the list and then it starts including FOs that have musk in the other notes (not the name).  I may get that lilac @Shari mentioned too, as I missed that in the past.  Also am interested in Bella's Kiss, Witches' Brew, Heavenly, and Sea Glass.

Anybody want to add any to the above raves and recs?

I've only tried Bella's Kiss from your list and even though I don't usually like those type scents I did like that one. I haven't put it in anything though, just sniffed it OOB. I'm a bakery and fruity person so that's what I tend to buy even though most around here want masculine scents like leather and black ice.

• Like 1

Once when they were having a special sale on Midnight Pomegranate-type, I bought a small bottle, I liked it, but it's overpriced, imo.  BUT, it mixes very well and stretches out wonderfully!  In other words, similar to how a Twigs 'n' Berries can be added to a cranberry scent, etc. and it pretty much still smells like T&B, so does this one ... it can mix with a berry scent and really perk it up, retaining some of its unique quality.