container supplier suggestions

When I delivered an order to my customer today they asked if I make candles in a colored or frosted container along with the 11 oz clear rocks tumbler I'm currently using.  They carry another brand of candle that is VERY high end and they sell a ton of them.  They are doing very well with my candles as well but they think that with the option of a colored or frosted glass I could sell even more since my price point is lower.  Their clients do prefer that type of container and I think it would look nicer as the candle is burning down.  

I'd love some suggestions on suppliers who carry colored glass or frosted glass containers in the 10-11 oz range at a reasonable price point.  I have found some gorgeous containers but at $4-$5 each I'm having sticker shock!!    I'm getting a headache from Googling :tongue2:  

These are my current containers:      11oztumbler.jpg.35bd3dbfbab00fc7a94b291a7aca3453.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

thanks-I was actually just looking at their white containers with the wooden lids.  Wondering if anyone has used these?

I was going to suggest C&S too.

I think @GailC uses the white frosted ones.

I just love the colored ones! I would have such a difficult time deciding what color to do with what scent, because I would definitely have to get EVERY color, lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

I was going to suggest C&S too.

I think @GailC uses the white frosted ones.

I just love the colored ones! I would have such a difficult time deciding what color to do with what scent, because I would definitely have to get EVERY color, lol.

I use the 8 oz frosted tumblers from C & S, but I don't buy the lids.  I make dust covers.  This Leaves candle is one of my best sellers in the fall.  (By the way, since I took this picture, I have redesigned my label adding the weight to it.)

leaves.thumb.jpg.58cffbbd42ca94564f8cc67eeda9eee8.jpg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

I use the 8 oz frosted tumblers from C & S, but I don't buy the lids.  I make dust covers.  This Leaves candle is one of my best sellers in the fall.  (By the way, since I took this picture, I have redesigned my label adding the weight to it.)

You make gorgeous candles!!!  I love the dust cover and I have used those with several of my accounts.  I need a container that's a bit bigger with a lid so I'm going to give the white with the wooden lid a shot.  Goodness knows I have nothing else to do...........*shudder*

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lightmyfire said:

it's not too bad compared to a lot of other higher end containers.  Believe me, I'd rather stay with the clear tumblers!

Do customers really like those high end containers?  I worry about pricing when the container alone costs ~$4.50.  They look awesome though.

3 minutes ago, Paintguru said:

Do customers really like those high end containers?  I worry about pricing when the container alone costs ~$4.50.  They look awesome though.

Fortunately the specialty wine and food market that carries my candles has a very well off customer base that comes in from Dallas on the weekends; they're already buying another candle line there that starts  at $65 each!  My melts are $5 each and I can't keep them in stock.  

This will be the point where I renegotiate my wholesale terms to make up for the production cost or they'll have to raise the price.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Paintguru said:

I used to worry about the same, but then realized we’d be marketing to a different customer segment. If the end product will appeal to customers who are willing to pay much more, then the moderate added container cost is a pretty good investment. 

You “could” try to spray a frost finish on your current vessels. An inside spray would be more durable than outside,but not sure how it would look as a final product. I’ve sprayed glass with a frost spray for other projects and love it. 

I find that all frosted types tend tend to show fingerprints easily 😒 so gloves and a handy dandy alcohol spray bottle with lint free cloths help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2018 at 8:30 AM, GailC said:

I love your dust covers...do you make them?  I only give my candles away, and I have a lot of 12oz jars with no lids.  I would like to make a dust cover like yours to pretty them up a bit..

@Gary in Canada, yes I make them with scrapbook paper.  I bought a scalloped circle punch at Hobby Lobby.  I didn't even know such a thing existed.  :)  Then I had to buy a 2" reach hole punch for the wick because a regular hole punch didn't reach the middle of the paper.

• Like 1