Address on labels

Sebleo

Under fair labeling you have to list your full address on the label unless you can be found in the white pages. Then you only have to list city, state and zip. 

For those that run a home based business, what do you do? Put your address on the label? If you got yourself in the white pages, how did you do it?

I admit I have not called the phone company,  but I read online that only brick and mortar stores are added and it is hard for home based. It might be possibe if I add a land line, but not sure.

I added myself to 411 and my sister on the east coast was able to find the listing. Just not sure if it works everywhere. 

• 4 months later...
On 6/4/2018 at 1:17 PM, Sebleo said:

Under fair labeling you have to list your full address on the label unless you can be found in the white pages. Then you only have to list city, state and zip. 

For those that run a home based business, what do you do? Put your address on the label? If you got yourself in the white pages, how did you do it?

Fair labeling requires the name of the packer/manufacturer and location of the business. Location is not necessarily address. So, you can simply put City and State. 

Also, if you’re a sole proprietor, two recommendations. (1) get products liability insurance stat! And, (2) register with your Secretary of State’s office in your jurisdiction. 

Part of reasoning behind FLPA location requirements is to allow consumers to locate you if they have a problem with your goods. Registering with the SOS satisfies that for most places. Good luck!

Right from the FDA site....

Name and Place of Business

Corporate name
Manufactured for...
Distributed by...
Address
Principal place of business

21 CFR 701.12

The name and business address appearing on the label may be those of the manufacturer, packer or distributor.

If the name and address is not that of the manufacturer, the name must be preceded by phrases such as "Manufactured for ...", "Distributed by ...", or other appropriate wording.

The name of the firm must be the corporate name, and the address may be that of the principal place of business. Stating also the name of a corporation's particular division is optional.

The business address must include the street address, name of the city and state, and the ZIP code. The street address may be omitted if the firm is listed in a current city or telephone directory.

Being listed with the SOS isn't appropriate.