FO Companies

scrubzz

Even though everyone here are fo enablers (my fault for reading the threads!), I'm down to 8 suppliers for fo.  I still have a few scents left from other suppliers but I'm either discontinuing or trying a current supplier's version.  I'm not really concerned now that I survived the Peak closure without even trying to buy their scents I carried.  This does not mean I buy less fo by any means, I just carry mostly Flaming, RE and The Candle Source right now.  I did add Aztec back into my suppliers this year but the Candle Source will being phased out of my line.  So much savings on shipping now that I've limited suppliers.

• Like 2

The problem I have is - everytime I narrow my supplier list down or my list of possible scents down I get to reading on here and add more - if I ever hit the lottery every penny of it will disappear immediately into FOs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, scrubzz said:

The problem I have is - everytime I narrow my supplier list down or my list of possible scents down I get to reading on here and add more - if I ever hit the lottery every penny of it will disappear immediately into FOs

I started keeping a spread sheet of fragrances that  have favorable reviews on this website...probably not a good idea ...but fun. So now when I see a fragrance I just want I go to my handy dandy spread sheet and see what else I would like from that supplier. 

• Like 6

I have 3 suppliers. And i only get 6 fragrances from one of them. I keep reading reviews here too, but I have successfully refrained from branching out so far. So far being the key!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sebleo said:

I have 3 suppliers. And i only get 6 fragrances from one of them. I keep reading reviews here too, but I have successfully refrained from branching out so far. So far being the key!

Very impressive Sebleo...I wish I had that kind of self control...but it may be too late for me.

So tell us who you have chosen  as your three supplier?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunday said:

Very impressive Sebleo...I wish I had that kind of self control...but it may be too late for me.

So tell us who you have chosen  as your three supplier?

I started out 10 years ago with Lonestar because they were the closest supplier to me. I still get my wax from them and half my oils. They have a nice selection and very few duds.Fast shipping and good customer service. And the Christmas card is a nice touch. 

Then I added Nature's Garden, but my selections from them were mostly not to my liking. I do not like how they say every single oil works perfectly and strong in every application. It took me a while to pick up on that. Sorry, but not possible. So, there's a trust issue with them. But, I do get 6 oils from them. I plan to replace them at some point if I can find them.

Candle Science is my other supplier. They are the most expensive of the 3, but I love their oils. I really love how they rate the oils on performance in soy and tell you which oils work with Reed diffusers and at what percentage. It saves a lot of money when you don't have to waste time testing an oil that won't work for your application.

I plan on branching out and trying new companies next year. I would still like to keep my supplier list small to save on shipping.  

• Like 2

Currently I am using 3 companies.

Lonestar: glass glow palm wax, wicks (testing CD Wicks), and fragrance oils.

Bittercreek Candle Supply (BCN): fragrance oils.

Candlescience: dye (testing), wicks (testing CSN wicks) and wick stickers.

I have some fragrance oils coming that may add in another supplier or so depending on how i like them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daisymay66 said:

Ncraiders..

Would you mind sharing some you like from BCN.

Honestly  I have not gotten to the point of using them in wax yet.  The only one i have in wax atm is blackberry that i put in some tarts for my dad but they are not ready to use just yet.

I ordered 13 and oob they all smell really good.  I have been busy wick testing so have not gotten to use much in the way of fragrance just yet.  There are a couple that the scent is a little faint on but since it is not in wax i don't know how well it will do.  I was ordering a wick holder from them so i ordered fragrance as well to offset the cost of shipping.  Shipping cot me the same with and without the fragrances.  Not to mention I only actually payed for 9 of them due to the deal they have on there site for buying 13 fragrances.  The only downside i saw with there fragrances is that they fill them themselves into bottles that do not have a seal inside..  So when i opened the box it smelled of dragons blood.  The dragons blood did not spill but they apparently got some on the bottle and it made the whole box smell like that.

Blackberry
Cedar Wood (weak bottle scent)
Georgia Peach
Home Sweet Home Type
Old Fashioned Christmas
Blueberry Muffins
Cinnamon Stick
Lemongrass    
Pink Sugar Type
Amish Harvest
Dragon's Blood
Pumpkin Spice (Cost Modified Dupe)
Fresh Rain

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 12:51 PM, Daisymay66 said:

I have tried to do this so many times... I’m just a failure tho I guess cause it just never works :(

I'm the same way. I wish I could narrow it down and there are a couple of suppliers that I won't order from anymore like MC or Candle Makers Store (I hate that there are no descriptions and I have quite a few of their sample bottles) but I need to cut more off, especially since I haven't really even gone public yet and most people around here want leather and manly scents. I could order from Texas Candle Supply alone and please most of my customers LOL! Hopefully that'll change once I retire and can really get into making and selling. 

• Like 2

Over the last 13 yrs I have narrowed my FO suppliers down to Peaks, Rustic Escential, Oregon Trails and CandleScience...these being the suppliers that I can count on to provide me with a quality FO.  But on occasion, I will look at LoneStar

• Like 2

I'm currently ordering a lot from Flaming Candle and Lone Star. I have ordered a few from Candle Science, and all were good strong scents thus far. I used to order most of my oils as well as other supplies from Peak, but since their "collapse", I no longer order from them. I do like some of the unique scents that Save On Scents has, but I never liked the three "levels" of scents they offer, and the prices can be high as well as the shipping, since they are in NY and I am in AZ. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hopie said:

I do like some of the unique scents that Save On Scents has, but I never liked the three "levels" of scents they offer, and the prices can be high as well as the shipping, since they are in NY and I am in AZ. 

Same here...I have ordered a couple of time from them but did not like the 3 level scent thing.

• Like 1

Hoo boy. I'm still testing and working things out, but it's exceptionally hard not to just buy everything from every recommended supplier on here. Ideally my main suppliers would be Nature's Garden, Wholesale Supplies Plus and Bulk Apothecary due to my proximity to them, but actually going to the places is difficult due to them not being open on weekends 😭 Nonetheless I'm currently very pleased with Brambleberry, Flaming Candle, Texas Candle Supply and Candle Cocoon. I'm rather fond of NG, WSP  and Candle Science as well, but I only have a handful of fragrance oils from them. Need more to form a solid opinion of course, lol. I just splurged on a bunch of samples from Lone Star from their sale. After I test out the candles I made I'll see how I feel about them. It is waaay too fun collecting different scents.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2018 at 2:55 AM, Bellevan said:

Hoo boy. I'm still testing and working things out, but it's exceptionally hard not to just buy everything from every recommended supplier on here. Ideally my main suppliers would be Nature's Garden, Wholesale Supplies Plus and Bulk Apothecary due to my proximity to them, but actually going to the places is difficult due to them not being open on weekends 😭 Nonetheless I'm currently very pleased with Brambleberry, Flaming Candle, Texas Candle Supply and Candle Cocoon. I'm rather fond of NG, WSP  and Candle Science as well, but I only have a handful of fragrance oils from them. Need more to form a solid opinion of course, lol. I just splurged on a bunch of samples from Lone Star from their sale. After I test out the candles I made I'll see how I feel about them. It is waaay too fun collecting different scents.

Not to be an enabler or anything but you might want to add Cajun's, Rustic Escentuals, Aztec, Candle Wic, Fragrance Buddy and Daystar, just to name a few, to your list LOL! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Belinda said:

Not to be an enabler or anything but you might want to add Cajun's, Rustic Escentuals, Aztec, Candle Wic, Fragrance Buddy and Daystar, just to name a few, to your list LOL! 

Haha! I have some FOs from FB and Aztec. I also have a 'wishlist' of oh, 21 different companies 🤣 Cajun's is one I haven't checked out yet though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I only have 7 (including TT) that I get FO from (well, 8 if I count Jackbnimble's destash sales into the mix.) They are in ORDER:  

(drumroll.... PULEEEZE!!!) 

Mica's and More 
CS
BB
Jackbnimble's Destash sales
TT's dupe co-ops
JustScents 
BCN
Save on Scents 

That's IT... 

Okay so this one time at band camp I DID order a pound of peppermint EO from Bulk Apothecary BUT ONLY BECAUSE it was on sale... and ONLY that one time... so that doesn't count. Don't you judge me! (sheesh) 

Sponiebr

Hi my name's sponie and I'm a FO-HO... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

If anyone has oils from BCN and are willing to share I would appreciate it so much! They Are the closest supplier to me but I just haven’t got a lot of luck with the ones I’ve tried. I would so super super appreciate it!

I've ordered from them a few times and they do have some good oils but some of theirs seem to have a nutty undertone to me. I noticed it from BCS when they were in business too. But, that's not to say that they don't have some good oils because they do. @Trappeur, don't you use some of BCN oils? I know their strawberry jam is really good. And I also liked cookies and milk (I think that's the one). Let me look and see which ones I have of theirs.