Cierra Sale

katmeltswax

23 minutes ago, franu61 said:

I ended up not buying either for the same reasons @katmeltswax. I am TRYING to use up some of the stash of FO's I already have before they go bad.  

You did GREAT !!!! We have to  stay strong during these sales right .I hate to see July 4th arrive , probably going to find more sales 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, franu61 said:

I ended up not buying either for the same reasons @katmeltswax. I am TRYING to use up some of the stash of FO's I already have before they go bad.  

I have oils that are over 2 years old ,still smell good oob.I will say all but the ones  with alot of Vanilla notes ,seems these scents go bad rather quickly.I have yet to find a great straight vanilla .Have you found a good vanilla or vanilla bean ? I have more trouble with vanilla scents for some reason idk why lol.. Think I will start a thread on Best Vanilla scents.I bet many here can point me in the right direction .Let me know if you have any good recommendatios.Thanks in Advance .

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

I have oils that are over 2 years old ,still smell good oob.I will say all but the ones  with alot of Vanilla notes ,seems these scents go bad rather quickly.I have yet to find a great straight vanilla .Have you found a good vanilla or vanilla bean ? I have more trouble with vanilla scents for some reason idk why lol.. Think I will start a thread on Best Vanilla scents.I bet many here can point me in the right direction .Let me know if you have any good recommendatios.Thanks in Advance .

I have some FO's that came with the business when I bought it 6 years ago. They still smell ok to me :)  Luckily my vanilla is not that old. My favorite vanilla is very vanilla from CS.  I did learn that the wax has to be about 200 degrees before adding it, or it doesn't incorporate well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GailC said:

@franu61, my favorite vanilla is also Very Vanilla from CS.  In the almost nine years I've been making candles, I haven't ever found one I like better.  But Vanilla Bean Noel runs a close second.

Thanks Gail,I will place the order & test this one in my wax .I remember Trapp speaking of a Vanilla voo Doo ,just can't recall what supplier she gets this one from.I will go try to locate the subject asap .I do but a few CS oils & running low on a couple ,so I will try a sampler first & hope to get good results .Thank ya bunches😀

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 11:31 AM, GailC said:

@katmeltswax, seems like she said Vanilla Voodoo is from Candle Cocoon but that's off the top of my head.  I've never ordered from Candle Cocoon and don't intend to start!!!!!!!!!  :)

Yes!!! I think that's the one Vanilla voo Doo. I don't blame ya not wanting another supplier😀 I know exactly how ya feel.

• Like 1

Yes, it is Vanilla Voodoo from Candle Cocoon.   Is the only one I use...Now you do use less % in oil than 6% as her oils are very concentrated.  Her prices are a bit higher but shipping is not expensive.

Trappeur

• Like 1

My order arrived monday, i have to say that i only like clean fragrances for myself. Im pleased with all that i ordered. The spring meadow liked to knock me out. I will start making them up tomorrow. I was pleased with how Cierra also shipped the oils, it was like they did extra. Caps on the inside of the bottles plus bagged. Took awhile for shipping but im on East Coast so it was expected.

13 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Yes, it is Vanilla Voodoo from Candle Cocoon.   Is the only one I use...Now you do use less % in oil than 6% as her oils are very concentrated.  Her prices are a bit higher but shipping is not expensive.

Trappeur

I think I should give Candle Cocoon a try.  I want to test CD wicks (which no Canadian supplier carries!), and while Im at it...I have to try Vanilla Voodoo lol..  It's just the time factor, shipping and duty getting supplies into Canada that holds me back....but I will give it a try.

13 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Thanks Trapp! I was wanting to know what vanilla you used & liked  ,so I appreciate your recommendation.Do you have anymore Candle Cocoon recommendations ? I am going to do a little shopping from this company in the near future .Thanks for any you can recommend to me .I trust your judgement  😀

Edited by katmeltswax