Vybar Good Or Vybar Bad?

1 hour ago, Laura C said:

but isn't the Recommended Temperature to Add the Scent more important to get right rather than the Pour Temp?

Well... I really don't know. From what I've read lately, everyone (books, internet articles, etc) is saying to remove the pot from the heat at 185 F, then add the fragrance. I'm even finding more and more from my reading that the dye should be added at the same time as the fragrance! :confused: From what I gathered here in the forum, you can add the dye at the start of the melt. But I'm not answering your question, am I?  I've come to believe that what you are saying is right.  IGI in particular gives you a pretty wide pour range on many of their waxes. What happens, regardless of the wax you're using, is the temp of the wax in the pour pot starts to drop dramatically as you pour. Should you put the wax back and get it back to the right pour range or keep pouring? I don't know. I've done both. Great question, Laura. 

• Like 1

I personally think that the pour temperature has more to do with appearance of the candle more than anything.  For instance, if you pour soy wax too soon, you're likely to get frosting.  I've read that a rule of thumb is to pour around the same temperature as the melt point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/28/2018 at 8:19 PM, Quentin said:

From this point forward, newly poured and cooled candles will be wrapped in tissue paper and plastic bags. They will be boxed, taped up and sealed with a sticker that says "Do not burn until (Date)". Thanks to all of you.

FYI @Quentin, don't use the kind of plastic bags that will degrade the scent throw. And stay away from polyethylene. There's several posts that discuss this.

Edited by Laura C