Tunneling/Testing

I have been trying/testing 6006, and using the pour with no wick testing procedure.  So I poured a 2.5" glass container, 6% linen scent, no dye and a RRD34 wick. Started out good...good HT, nice quiet flame...but after 3 hrs it seemed to be tunneling.  So the next day I pulled out the 34 and replaced it with an RRD47.  It.s burning real  nice but seems to be following the "tunnel" of the first burn of the RRD34.  Should I start this test over?  I know they say soy has a memory...not sure if 6006 has a memory also?  Thanks for any input.

20 hours ago, Gary in Canada said:

I have been trying/testing 6006, and using the pour with no wick testing procedure.  So I poured a 2.5" glass container, 6% linen scent, no dye and a RRD34 wick. Started out good...good HT, nice quiet flame...but after 3 hrs it seemed to be tunneling.  So the next day I pulled out the 34 and replaced it with an RRD47.  It.s burning real  nice but seems to be following the "tunnel" of the first burn of the RRD34.  Should I start this test over?  I know they say soy has a memory...not sure if 6006 has a memory also?  Thanks for any input.

I use 6006 but I use CD wicks; from what you're saying it seems that your wick is just too small or maybe it's just not the right type of wick.  Have you tried the CD's?

I don't have CD's up here...but I will order some fro the US to try.  The RRD's seem to work real good, so I think I might order some more sizes, and test it over again..  I think the RRD would work good, but just needs to catch up the the orignal burn.  I wish a Canadian supplier would carry CD's....would make life a little easier.