Brambleberry FOs---for candles only...

ellajoan

I have been super impressed with Brambleberrry's FO I've tried, but I notice that most of the reviews are from soap or lotion makers.  I'd love to hear from Candle-making folks about which BB scents you've tried and your opinions.  My favs from there are Grass Stain and Hello Sweet Thang, but I've not tried too many others.  These are the ones I'm looking at:

Autumn Fig Harvest

Blueberry Thyme

Cactus Flower

Champagne

Cocoa Butter Cashmere

Electric Lemonade

Ginger Ale

Jade

Lemon Cake

Orange Peel Cybilla

Vanilla Oak

Warm Flannel

Let me know which ones of these you've tried, or which others have been successful for you in wax (I use 464).  Thanks!

Edited by ellajoan
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 2:21 PM, ellajoan said:

I have been super impressed with Brambleberrry's FO I've tried, but I notice that most of the reviews are from soap or lotion makers.  I'd love to hear from Candle-making folks about which BB scents you've tried and your opinions.  My favs from there are Grass Stain and Hello Sweet Thang, but I've not tried too many others.  These are the ones I'm looking at:

Autumn Fig Harvest

Blueberry Thyme

Cactus Flower

Champagne

Cocoa Butter Cashmere

Electric Lemonade

Ginger Ale

Jade

Lemon Cake

Orange Peel Cybilla

Vanilla Oak

Warm Flannel

Let me know which ones of these you've tried, or which others have been successful for you in wax (I use 464).  Thanks!

The champagne smells like ginger ale to me and it's strong 

• Like 1

I’ve tried out blueberry thyme and cocoa butter cashmere in IGI 4360 and they both have thrown pretty well for me at 6%. I really enjoy cocoa butter cashmere — I’ve noticed a lot of people in the reviews commenting that it smells ‘sexy’ but I get a more warm, sweet and comforting read from it. Some others I’ve tried that aren’t on your list are raspberry jam, rustic woods and rum and Mayan gold. All smell great and throw great. I looove rustic woods and rum. It smells amazing.

The only brambleberry scent I haven’t been able to get much of a hot throw from so far has been oatmeal, milk and honey. 

• Like 1

I have no experience using Brambleberry FO in candles, specifically, but have tried their bergamot black tea in wax melts. I don't know hardly enough about the science behind candle making to know what differences that makes. However, I can say that in the wax melts I tried with it, the throw was decent. I just have a basic wax warmer that plugs into the wall, ceramic and shaped like an owl. Used it with the bergamot black tea wax melts in a bedroom, and about an hour later the aroma was noticeable in the room. That is the only one from brambleberry that I have tried in wax, though. Double checked and the other ones were from different companies.

• 4 weeks later...

I've only ordered the craft beer scents-Pumpkin Lager, Oatmeal Stout , Raspberry Porter and Burnt Sugar, everything was amazing in para-soy candles ! 
I'm going to try making some MP soaps for fall , so I've been filling up my cart with stuff for the past couple weeks...  I just haven't submitted the order yet :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good to see there are some people are using in wax. I read somewhere that she had just started to introduce scents for candles shortly after I bought some fragrances that I was hoping to try out in wax. It seemed a short list was published somewhere about what worked in wax, but I cannot remember where I saw it. I just figured most of what I got will become soap and bath bomb stuff. 

So I find this thread very interesting. I should just get gutsy and make some stuff into tarts maybe. 

Spellbound, I think she still has it, I believe has been used by others in wax. I think she still carries it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 1:21 PM, Sarah S said:

Sorry @ellajoan, the only FO from BB that I have used in wax is Espresso. It was crazy strong though!

Awesome, I love crazy strong. I think I will order a few of the scents that people are raving about on here.

I'm on Brambleberry's site now and wow! They have so much information, tutorials, fragrances oils, etc. I love their site and all they have to offer. I like their fragrance oil options and calculator https://www.brambleberry.com/Pages/Fragrance-Calculator.aspx

On 6/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, chevcher said:

I've only ordered the craft beer scents-Pumpkin Lager, Oatmeal Stout , Raspberry Porter and Burnt Sugar, everything was amazing in para-soy candles ! 
I'm going to try making some MP soaps for fall , so I've been filling up my cart with stuff for the past couple weeks...  I just haven't submitted the order yet :) 

Ooooh, those scents sound nice. 

• Like 1

If anyone is interested, Bramble Berry is having a 25 % off sale on all fragrance sampler kits through tomorrow Aug. 23, 2018.

I just ordered a soap cutter to use to chop up my wax slabs. And these fragrance oils that were mentioned in this post. Can't wait to test out their scents to see how strong they are.

Cocoa Butter Cashmere

Rustic Woods and Rum

Hello Sweet Thang

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 10:39 PM, Bellevan said:

I’ve tried out blueberry thyme and cocoa butter cashmere in IGI 4360 and they both have thrown pretty well for me at 6%. I really enjoy cocoa butter cashmere — I’ve noticed a lot of people in the reviews commenting that it smells ‘sexy’ but I get a more warm, sweet and comforting read from it. Some others I’ve tried that aren’t on your list are raspberry jam, rustic woods and rum and Mayan gold. All smell great and throw great. I looove rustic woods and rum. It smells amazing.

The only brambleberry scent I haven’t been able to get much of a hot throw from so far has been oatmeal, milk and honey. 

Is rustic woods and rum 1 FO 

or 2 separate? Bayrum????

3 hours ago, Laura C said:

If anyone is interested, Bramble Berry is having a 25 % off sale on all fragrance sampler kits through tomorrow Aug. 23, 2018.

I just ordered a soap cutter to use to chop up my wax slabs. And these fragrance oils that were mentioned in this post. Can't wait to test out their scents to see how strong they are.

Cocoa Butter Cashmere

Rustic Woods and Rum

Hello Sweet Thang

Please repost I love ❤️ hearing reviews. Even OOB 😂 

• Like 1

This site is so fun & addictive, plus I'm a scent junkie, I'm out of control here... I really need to back away from my laptop and go make some new candles already. LOL!

I was suppose to make some early this morning but that's an idea that has come & gone. :P