Oregon Trails

Sarah S

Well, thanks to @Trappeur and @katmeltswax wax, I just HAD to go check out the oils at Oregon Trails! 😁

Thank you, you lovely enablers, because they have a reasonably priced dupe of Old Spice, plus a few other scents that I couldn't live without!

Seriously, my husband has used the Old Spice Classic deodorant for over 20 years, the whole time we have been married, but he recently decided he was boycotting P&G (he does that sometimes) and he no longer buys their products. Well, I make deodorant for myself (the real kind, not the natural kind) that is pretty darn good (if I do say so myself), but apparently every single skin-safe fragrance that I have is unsuitable to him in some way. So I had to buy some horrid smelling stuff from the grocery store. WELL NOT ANYMORE!!! Now his pits can smell manly again! Thank you!!

My order arrived today, and their dupe smells awesome, and really close to the real thing.

I also got:

Amber Dawn, which is similar to VS's Amber Romance, but not so in-your-face.

Cherokee, smells grassy and fresh, like a cologne type, I think it will soap very well.

Arrogance Lime Sugar, smells exactly like it sounds, and my 15 year old loves it.

Mediterranean Sea Salt, I'm not getting much salt, definitely a floral top note, but we'll see how it mellows in product. I'm thinking salt bar, foot scrub, and candle for my sister, it's definitely a spa type scent.

Egyptian Dragon, because I was curious and I want to have a game plan if TT's dupes ever take off. Love!!! A more subtle and musky version of Dragon's Blood.

Queen of the Nile, I'm not sure what I expected, and I'm still not sure what I got, lol. It's fruity? Musky? Spicy? My nose is confused, and this one definitely needs to go into some product before I judge.

Breath of God type, this one had a lot of hype, and I was expecting something more amazing. It's very nice, herbal and earthy with a lot of complexity that elevates it to something more like a perfume, but I don't think I would personally wear it as such. I'm going to put it in soap, wax, and I think it would make interesting incense.

So that's my haul from Oregon Trails! Their prices were a tad steep for me, but their oils seem to be great quality and I'm very pleased to have gotten the dupe I wanted and some unique scents!

• Like 2

Sometimes inexpensive oils are priced that way for a reason...they don't work very good.  If you pay a little more for a scent that knocks your socks off, compared to a cheap scent that you can't even smell, or it smells bad....how good of a deal was it?  I'm starting to learn that after spending a lot on poor FO...  I just have a hard time resisting those tempting descriptions some suppliers come up with for their FO's... 😏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gary in Canada said:

Sometimes inexpensive oils are priced that way for a reason...they don't work very good.  If you pay a little more for a scent that knocks your socks off, compared to a cheap scent that you can't even smell, or it smells bad....how good of a deal was it?  I'm starting to learn that after spending a lot on poor FO...  I just have a hard time resisting those tempting descriptions some suppliers come up with for their FO's... 😏

So very true & I agree 100%.I too have learned the hard way .It does actually pay in the long run to get the best quality oils ,rather than spend money on useless non performing cheaper oils. I have a small fortune tied up in oils that just cannot compare to the better quality oils.It is so true that you get what you pay for , especially fragrance oils right😀 

On 5/10/2018 at 7:24 PM, Sarah S said:

Egyptian Dragon, because I was curious and I want to have a game plan if TT's dupes ever take off. Love!!! A more subtle and musky version of Dragon's Blood.

Doesn't Egyptian Dragon have jasmine, whereas dragon's blood doesn't?  I'm like Pam W, I've loved everything I got from OT but it's been over 3 years since I ordered from there so I can't speak to the quality right now. 

4 hours ago, Darbla said:

Doesn't Egyptian Dragon have jasmine, whereas dragon's blood doesn't?  I'm like Pam W, I've loved everything I got from OT but it's been over 3 years since I ordered from there so I can't speak to the quality right now. 

Gosh, I really can't even tell. It's different, but I can't put my finger on what specifically is different, it's all blended together so beautifully. If it's jasmine, it's working for me! Lol