Eucalyptus Scent

Hopie

I have a bottle of this oil that I'd like to make a candle out of it. I do know it mixes well with spearmint, however, does anyone mix it with anything else? If so, what? Have you found that eucalyptus candles sell well, or am I wasting my time? I'd still make it for myself, but I was wondering how everyone else does with this scent?

Eucalyptus mixes well with pines, woods, rosemary, lavender, spearmint, just to name a few. I make soap with euclyptus and peppermint but have not tried it in candles.

My two favorite blends are:

eucalyptus, peppermint, anise, and lavender

and

eucalyptus and rosemary.

Both of your favorite mixes sound good. Ever do just a straight eucalyptus? I like it, but not sure if customers will. I do like rosemary a lot.

An awful lot depends on the actual eucalyptus.

The real mentholy kind like eucalyptus globulus essential oil is not very popular with my people. Eucalyptus leaf like the Thymes Eucalyptus is pretty well accepred. 

I do like eucalyptus with lemon verbena mixed equally. It’s very pretty.

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

An awful lot depends on the actual eucalyptus.

The real mentholy kind like eucalyptus globulus essential oil is not very popular with my people. Eucalyptus leaf like the Thymes Eucalyptus is pretty well accepred. 

I do like eucalyptus with lemon verbena mixed equally. It’s very pretty.

The one I currently have is from The Flaming Candle. Smells very much like Vapo Rub. Ohhhh..hmm...lemon verbena...might just do it! I LOVE citrus scents! I wonder what that would smell like in a candle?

13 minutes ago, Scented said:

Spider season is a great time for eucalyptus to move. 

Does eucalyptus repel spiders? I know a lot of my customers ask for peppermint oil (which I don't currently sell) for spider control. 

Well there are people who swear it does. I've sprayed it directly on them and watched them just fall to the ground. They act stoned when around it. That was using essential oil. Now like thet eucalyptus leaf that Peak's carried, I think it contained EO in it. 

• Thanks 1

It did seem a bit "mentholy" to me, which was why I was asking about it. I wasn't sure if I should use this oil straight. I rather like the scent, but it doesn't mean customers will. The lemon mix sounds dreamy though. Fresh.

I love the eucalyptus - thymes from Sweet Cakes.  I went through many trying to find the perfect one that smelled like the dry eucalyptus & this was it to me.

Edited by grama
  • Like 1