PLEASE HELP! WICKS KEEP DROWNING

Hi y’all!! I am in need of some help. I am currently testing Pa’s Tobacco Pipe from Filmore. It’s sooooo amazing and complex! I love it. The problem is I cannot wick this FO to save my life. I use 2 wicks in my system and have gone all the way to a CD10! On the 2nd burn the wicks drown out. 

I need help either finding another FO to blend that will cut the density but will be complementary or another wick size. 

Can i I go up to a CD12 and be fine? 

What have any any of you guys done in this situation? 

Sounds like Crackling Firewood from WSP....I put this jar to the side probably close to 2 years ago because of this.   Think I will make up another couple candles in this oil as I love this and try again...

Well if that is what it takes to wick then I guess you gotta go and do it and wick up....lol

Trappeur

18 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Sounds like what happens with my sweet Amber. I have to switch to eco to make it burn. 

@TallTayl Do you know the comparable CD6 wick in ECO? 

1 minute ago, Trappeur said:

Sounds like Crackling Firewood from WSP....I put this jar to the side probably close to 2 years ago because of this.   Think I will make up another couple candles in this oil as I love this and try again...

Well if that is what it takes to wick then I guess you gotta go and do it and wick up....lol

Trappeur

@Trappeur If trying an ECO doesn’t work I may just have to wick up🤦🏼‍♂😩

20 minutes ago, runner14jc said:

@jack be nimble Have you tried cutting back on your fragrance load any to see if that helps? I'm not sure what fragrance load you are currently using but if you are maxing out the fragrance, cutting back some on it could be beneficial for your wicks.

Thank you, I will try that. 

19 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Paul, if I remember, don't you use like 2 cd 6's in country comfort jars?

Trappeur

Yes, that is correct. Some FO I use CD7’s so I’m am shocked I’ve had to go all the way to a CD10. 

11 minutes ago, jackbenimble said:

Thank you, I will try that. 

Yes, that is correct. Some FO I use CD7’s so I’m am shocked I’ve had to go all the way to a CD10. 

Geesh, I wonder if that is going to happen to me too also.  Is that Sweet Amber from Tall Tayle?   As I just got some from her too.

Trappeur

• 1 month later...

I have this issue with Campfire by FC. Love the scent so I just keep trying. I have cut back on FO load, wicked up and have tried a multitude of different wick types. I should just give it up but it's a puzzle at this point. I usually use FC's para-soy but threw it in a coconut blend last night to see if it made a difference.

On 7/4/2018 at 11:01 AM, ss1cps said:

I have this issue with Campfire by FC. Love the scent so I just keep trying. I have cut back on FO load, wicked up and have tried a multitude of different wick types. I should just give it up but it's a puzzle at this point. I usually use FC's para-soy but threw it in a coconut blend last night to see if it made a difference.

I needed up calling Filmore and asking about it. I did lighten my FO% and still have drowning wicks. 

Decided I need to move on to another FO. Fall is coming fast and I need to lock down my lineup. 

Really wishing FO companies would put out their new Fall/ Holiday FO in the summer so I could actually test them. I know most of the companies out there cater to the hobbiest.