How to Smooth Round Pillar Mold Seams?

The only problem with embossing guns is they are only meant for very short bursts of heat. I burned out 2 of them because I tried to use them as a heat gun on my candles, and they just couldn't handle that much use. 

Actual heat guns, although a bit bulky are very inexpensive and are meant for longer use and IMO will last much longer than an embossing gun will. 

On 5/22/2018 at 5:08 PM, Jcandleattic said:

The only problem with embossing guns is they are only meant for very short bursts of heat. I burned out 2 of them because I tried to use them as a heat gun on my candles, and they just couldn't handle that much use. 

Actual heat guns, although a bit bulky are very inexpensive and are meant for longer use and IMO will last much longer than an embossing gun will. 

You are right about this but the embossing guns (for me) are easier to use but on the other hand, I probably don't use my embossing gun as much as you might...since I don't sell or do candles in bulk so my embossing gun doesn't experience the load that your's might require.  Plus I use my embossing gun for other projects like melting small amts of lip balm in stainless measuring cups......it's all about what/how one uses their equipment.

If I were to progress to doing candles in bulk then I'd probably have to look into a more powerful heat gun but for what I currently do, the embossing gun is the equipment of choice.

12 hours ago, Pam W said:

You are right about this but the embossing guns (for me) are easier to use but on the other hand, I probably don't use my embossing gun as much as you might...since I don't sell or do candles in bulk so my embossing gun doesn't experience the load that your's might require.  Plus I use my embossing gun for other projects like melting small amts of lip balm in stainless measuring cups......it's all about what/how one uses their equipment.

If I were to progress to doing candles in bulk then I'd probably have to look into a more powerful heat gun but for what I currently do, the embossing gun is the equipment of choice.

Yeah, I rarely ever use my heat gun in my candle making. I shrink wrap all of my soaps though, so when I am on a packaging tangent, my heat gun gets used pretty much all day, or at least for several hours.