Hello - again

Thought I should reintroduce myself since it's been a while since I have been around - long time member, I joined the board way back when it was run by Peak's - see a few names I remember but not many - pretty much life got in the way and I had to back off playing in the wax - would still make up small batches of some wax melts and lip balm occasionally for my wife but thats pretty much all - still have my notes and all my equipment but of course will have to get new FOs, wax etc and retest everything - anyway wanted to say hi to everyone - got a lot of reading to do on here!

Hi and welcome back! You do have some catching up to do. A lot has changed in the last 12 months for soy wax. Also, the fragrance oil industry is still trying to recover from a plant fire last fall that destroyed the plant that manufactured citriole? I think that was the component. It effected many FOs so you may see some changes in some FOs you used. You will definitely see changes in the soy waxes out now.

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

Hi and welcome back! You do have some catching up to do. A lot has changed in the last 12 months for soy wax. Also, the fragrance oil industry is still trying to recover from a plant fire last fall that destroyed the plant that manufactured citriole? I think that was the component. It effected many FOs so you may see some changes in some FOs you used. You will definitely see changes in the soy waxes out now.

Thanks - It's been a number of years so I am sure everything has changed - Even with my notes I will have to retest every aspect - I have noted that even the suppliers have changed - once major players who are no longer around and there are several new names who seem very popular - thanks again for the welcome

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scented said:

Welcome back! Long time no see around here. 

Thank you! Yes'm it has been a while - a lot has changed since I was last around these parts - you are one of the few names I recognize on the board now 

On 5/12/2018 at 1:08 PM, scrubzz said:

Thank you! Yes'm it has been a while - a lot has changed since I was last around these parts - you are one of the few names I recognize on the board now 

That's a scary thought! Hope all is well with you. 

2 hours ago, Scented said:

That's a scary thought! Hope all is well with you. 

Well not especially but who wants to hear about it anyway lol - things always get better sooner or later anyway right? 

Thanks

• 1 month later...