I'm taking a poll on everyone who makes candles what wax they use.

Parasoy (6006) for most my candles. Cleaner burning than straight parrafin, can tell customers I have candles that are partial soy (which helps believe it or not) and I like the creaminess. But, I also just know this wax the best and its nuances. Years of working with has made me most comfortable with it, although its still not perfect. Depening on the jar and the FO, I use many different ones including HTP, CD, Premier, LX, wood wicks, and zinc.

Next parasoy choice would be Clarus 3022. I prefer everythign about it over 6006 except the HT is weaker than 6006. That is the only reason it hasn't replaced 6006 for me.

Wicks: HTP, CD, Premier, Wood wicks, and Paper

When using just parrafin, I use 4630 for the smoother/creamier look. And I use mottling for my mottled candles. Mottling wax is much tough to work with, but my customers love it.

HTP, Premier, and Paper mostly.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, wthomas57 said:

Parasoy (6006) for most my candles. Cleaner burning than straight parrafin, can tell customers I have candles that are partial soy (which helps believe it or not) and I like the creaminess. But, I also just know this wax the best and its nuances. Years of working with has made me most comfortable with it, although its still not perfect. Depening on the jar and the FO, I use many different ones including HTP, CD, Premier, LX, wood wicks, and zinc.

Next parasoy choice would be Clarus 3022. I prefer everythign about it over 6006 except the HT is weaker than 6006. That is the only reason it hasn't replaced 6006 for me.

Wicks: HTP, CD, Premier, Wood wicks, and Paper

When using just parrafin, I use 4630 for the smoother/creamier look. And I use mottling for my mottled candles. Mottling wax is much tough to work with, but my customers love it.

HTP, Premier, and Paper mostly.

Just looked at the Clarus website and saw that the 6006 alternative was the 3020 blend. Have you tried this one?

I really like 4630, but my customers want soy, so I blend with 415.  For standalone melts, I add some pillar wax to add  some hardiness to it. 

I may have to try 6006 again - I tried it years ago but decided to use a parasoy that a local supplier had.  Will never make that mistake again - the supplier closed without warning, which was one reason that led to me stop making candles for several years.

9 hours ago, FB157 said:

Just looked at the Clarus website and saw that the 6006 alternative was the 3020 blend. Have you tried this one?

I have a sample of it but haven't tried it. For me I chose 3022 as a more soy based option than 6006. Its hard for me to leave 6006 for something similar that I already

know so well. But would love to hear some feedback on it.

• Like 1

I have used GB464 but didn’t like the cure time or the frosting. I switched to 4627 and loved the HT but didn’t like the aesthetics and the mess. I use Clarus 3022 with CDN wicks but only for a few candles. The appearance of Clarus in the containers is second to none in my opinion. Very smooth and creamy tops with great adhesion but it is a very soft wax. Very hard to wick this wax imo. Do not leave it outside of the temperature is a bit too warm or it will sweat for sure. Excellent throw with bakery scents. I have been using 6006 with Zinc and CD wicks. The adhesion is ok and some scents really throw and some I can barely smell. The wax tends to run hot around the halfway mark for me in my mason jars. When pouring into larger containers than a 8 oz mason, I almost always have to repour or use the heat gun. It becomes extra work but all in all I like this wax. I am currently testing out CBL-125 and the HT is amazing. Sarah S is definitely spot on to say it throws like a mlb pitcher on steroids lol. I am testing in a 8 oz mason jar at the moment with 7% fo and a Zinc 51 using CS Fraser Fir. The first 5 hours it didn’t quite get a full melt pool but the FO was epic. The second burn was for 3 hours but it burned the left over wax off the sides from the first burn and smelled fantastic. The flame was smaller on the second burn and I am hoping that it will not drown out on the next burn. We shall see

• Like 1