Candlewic New Fragrances

awnl

30 minutes ago, scrubzz said:

It's not cheap but Sweetcakes has an "Original Herbal Essence" listed

Does it smell like the early original Herbal Essence ? Lol love shampoo oils .I am excited to get Gee your hair Smells terrific  from Oregan Trails .I have biolage oil,not into the wax yet .

• Like 1

I have no idea - I have never tried it, just ran across it when I was checking out their FOs - It sounded interesting to me so I made note of it for the future  (I now have approximately  $1234567890987654321 worth of FOs on my "Must Try" list

Edited by scrubzz
Because I can't spell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, scrubzz said:

I have no idea - I have never tried it, just ran across it when I was checking out their FOs - It sounded interesting to me so I made note of it for the future  (I now have approximately  $1234567890987654321 worth of FOs on my "Must Try" list

Me too, me too.  Don't know if all those free samples and 99 cent samples are such a good idea after all.

And the ones I want are from so many different suppliers.  Let's see there's:

Rustic Escentuals - Caribbean Day Spa, Tuscan Fields, Danish Butter Cookies.  

Cierra - Tokyo Nights for sure and maybe Strawberry Kiwi and Bergamot Rosewood

The Candlemaker's Store - Country Raspberry,  Bamboo Lime, Lavender Fields (Those have been languishing in my cart for a couple of months now.  sigh.)

Candlescience - Pumpkin Caramel Crunch. Yum! Lavender Chamomile

Aztec - Maple Toddy, maybe Hawaiian Hibiscus, Cinnamon Caramel Swirl

And the list goes on....I could list all the ones I have that I have never used yet.  But I won't.  :)

• Like 2

@katmeltswax, The Candlemaker's Store does have Herbal Essence.  The next time I drive over there, I'm going to ask to smell a sample.  I don't know if it is included in the 250 or so samples they have available in their store to smell.  Last time I asked on my order if I could smell 4 specific fragrances, and when I went to pick up my order they had just given me those 4 one ounce samples.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GailC said:

Me too, me too.  Don't know if all those free samples and 99 cent samples are such a good idea after all.

And the ones I want are from so many different suppliers.  Let's see there's:

Rustic Escentuals - Caribbean Day Spa, Tuscan Fields, Danish Butter Cookies.  

Cierra - Tokyo Nights for sure and maybe Strawberry Kiwi and Bergamot Rosewood

The Candlemaker's Store - Country Raspberry,  Bamboo Lime, Lavender Fields (Those have been languishing in my cart for a couple of months now.  sigh.)

Candlescience - Pumpkin Caramel Crunch. Yum! Lavender Chamomile

Aztec - Maple Toddy, maybe Hawaiian Hibiscus, Cinnamon Caramel Swirl

And the list goes on....I could list all the ones I have that I have never used yet.  But I won't.  :)

Gail ,I think I have Aztec sample bottle of Cinnamon caramel swirl. I can send it to you ,also I have a 1/2 pound bottle of Hawaiian Hibiscus .I will be more than happy to send you a sample of this scent .It is a nice one .I use it for blending also .Let me know ,think I still have your address .

2 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Gail ,I think I have Aztec sample bottle of Cinnamon caramel swirl. I can send it to you ,also I have a 1/2 pound bottle of Hawaiian Hibiscus .I will be more than happy to send you a sample of this scent .It is a nice one .I use it for blending also .Let me know ,think I still have your address .

Thanks but I already have the samples....now I'm wanting 16 oz bottles.  :)

All the scents I listed that I want are some I've already smelled.  That's why I should quit getting samples!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

Thanks but I already have the samples....now I'm wanting 16 oz bottles.  :)

All the scents I listed that I want are some I've already smelled.  That's why I should quit getting samples!

I see & know what ya mean .I have many samples I love ,want to get the 1/2 or pound bottles as well. Yes these samples get us into trouble right lol.  I only wished I had the time to pour all these in a reasonable amount of time .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On July 7, 2018 at 2:38 PM, ScentedPleasurez said:

i got the coastal kale when it was first introduced and i love it! didnt know what to really expect because i couldnt get by the kale lol but o m g i love it

Me too! It was a little too "clean" for me to want to smell on a regular basis, but it is a wonderful fragrance! And so strong! I made a huge candle for my sister with it, and she was like "ohhhhhh m g!!!" 

I hope they keep that one - I have a couple other ocean FO that I need to use up first, but that is definitely on my reorder list!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On April 30, 2018 at 7:54 PM, GailC said:

@Sarah S, I haven't even gotten samples of the duds you mentioned. But those aren't my cup of tea, except Blueberry and I have Blueberry Cobbler from Aztec and Cierra.

Here are some of my favorites:

Berry Tangerine - I love, love this one

Clementine & Daisy - actually this one is my granddaughter's favorite, but I like it too.

Succulent Agave & Oakmoss

Pumpkin Chai

Summer Fresh

Apple Cider Donut

Lemongrass Sage

Black Tea Orange and Almond - This one is strong!  Both CT and HT

There are others I like OK, like Mulberry Spice and Pomegranate Cider, but just not my favorites.

Gail, I've been meaning to tell you I finally ordered a bottle of the pumpkin chai!

I was so worried, when the oil hit the wax, all I could smell was popcorn, and I nearly cried. I let is cure overnight, and when I smelled it in the morning my tears were of joy! It's wonderful! I put it in palm, so I need to wait a few more days before I can burn it. I'm really excited! If the HT isn't great in the palm (I think I might have used too much, the CT is powerful!), I will back of the % and try it in paraffin.

Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, pughaus said:

@katmeltswax@GailC did either of you try the Gee your hair or Herbal Essence FOs?  I have both and not I'm not quite sure if they're really like the originals..They both remind me of.. something.

I could use some 2nd and 3rd opinions.  The 70s were a long time ago ;) 

No I haven't.  And I probably wouldn't remember if it smelled like the shampoo; like you said, the 70's were a long time ago.  :)

Edited by GailC

I got some Gee Your Hair from Oregon Trail and not sure I like it.  Doesn't bring back any memories anyway and not very strong to my nose.  Might try it in some soap or bath bombs to check it out in the near future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shari said:

I got some Gee Your Hair from Oregon Trail and not sure I like it.  Doesn't bring back any memories anyway and not very strong to my nose.  Might try it in some soap or bath bombs to check it out in the near future.

I have that one too plus a few others that are out there.  The OT one smells pretty awful to me OOB.  The others seem to be identical FO's, although from different sellers and much more reminiscent of what I think may be GYHST but there's an off note in them that makes it not so pleasant to me.    

19 hours ago, pughaus said:

@katmeltswax@GailC did either of you try the Gee your hair or Herbal Essence FOs?  I have both and not I'm not quite sure if they're really like the originals..They both remind me of.. something.

I could use some 2nd and 3rd opinions.  The 70s were a long time ago ;) 

I had this one & many more in my cart , intending to purchase.Thus was a while back & my bank account was hacked twice thru Aztec ,so never did get around to ordering . It sounds like maybe I was better off lol.The reviews I see here on GYHST ,do not sound very good . I was so upset at the time over the hacking ,I did not but anything until a month later .

Maybe I saved myself from adding another supplier I do not need right .Sorry I could not be any help.

17 hours ago, pughaus said:

I have that one too plus a few others that are out there.  The OT one smells pretty awful to me OOB.  The others seem to be identical FO's, although from different sellers and much more reminiscent of what I think may be GYHST but there's an off note in them that makes it not so pleasant to me.    

Which other companies version did you try?  I agree that it's not pleasant at all.  I will say I've been surprised a time or two with something I didn't like OOB but it ended up being pretty darn good.  Don't have this expectation with this one though.  So, no rush to try it. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2018 at 4:27 PM, Sarah S said:

I saw the email! IDK, it looked like a lot of florals and herbals to me, which don't generally excite me. A couple of the water ones looked good though!

I really need to take a day to go up there and sniff samples. They have a couple of fragrances I can't live without, but recently I've ordered some real duds from them. 😔

Hi Sarah!  I hope you had a wonderful summer!  I will be placing a very small order with Candlewic and wanted to see what some of your favs are from them.  The only one I own from CW is Sugared Vanilla Shortbread and I love it!!!  Anyways, any advice is appreciated.  😇  TIA!

On October 22, 2018 at 11:48 PM, Marleigha said:

Hi Sarah!  I hope you had a wonderful summer!  I will be placing a very small order with Candlewic and wanted to see what some of your favs are from them.  The only one I own from CW is Sugared Vanilla Shortbread and I love it!!!  Anyways, any advice is appreciated.  😇  TIA!

Hey Marleigh, sorry for the late answer! I have been super busy!

I'm sure you already placed your order, but just in case...

I love the new Coastal Kale, it is fresh and green, but has a bit of warmth that elevates it beyond the typical "clean" type fragrance. As you know, I don't generally gravitate toward those types, but this one is extremely appealing.

We're almost past pumpkin spice season, but their Pumpkin Chai is wonderful, as is their Pumpkin Pancake. I mixed their Pumpkin Pancake with their Hot Buttered Rum, and it is freaking awesome. 😆

I can not live without their Voodoo Love. If you like hippy type fragrances, this one is a must. Insane throw!

Same with Mahogany Spice. Beware though, their Mahogany Spice is the same as Aztec's Fallen Leaves and WSP's Indonesian Teakwood. Exact same fragrance. But CW's is crazy strong, so that's my preference.

Those are my faves, but most of CW's oils are very strong and very good. It has been my experience, though, that the duds are stomach-churning failures though, so generally I am cautious and order samples of new fragrances first.

HTH!

I'd love to hear what you ordered!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I love the new Coastal Kale, it is fresh and green, but has a bit of warmth that elevates it beyond the typical "clean" type fragrance. As you know, I don't generally gravitate toward those types, but this one is extremely appealing.

We're almost past pumpkin spice season, but their Pumpkin Chai is wonderful, as is their Pumpkin Pancake. I mixed their Pumpkin Pancake with their Hot Buttered Rum, and it is freaking awesome. 😆

I can not live without their Voodoo Love. If you like hippy type fragrances, this one is a must. Insane throw!

Same with Mahogany Spice. Beware though, their Mahogany Spice is the same as Aztec's Fallen Leaves and WSP's Indonesian Teakwood. Exact same fragrance. But CW's is crazy strong, so that's my preference.

Those are my faves, but most of CW's oils are very strong and very good. It has been my experience, though, that the duds are stomach-churning failures though, so generally I am cautious and order samples of new fragrances first.

HTH!

I agree 100% about CW ,most are super duper strong. I have Voodoo love , atomic for sure . I love many of their oils. I wanted to ask you regarding Mahogany Spice compared to Aztec .Did you mean Leaves BBW dupe from Aztec or Autumn leaves ? I use so many from Aztec & cannot recall a Falling Leaves ,other than the both mentioned . Just was wandering if I am getting the name correct ? I know Flaming has a Falling Leaves , wanna get this one into my wax.

I  interested in CW mahogany spice & appreciate your post .

Your very correct about sampling first with CW bc some have been a no go  ,not many thou .I love most all of their U&B selections performance is great .Thanks in advance about the MS & Falling Leaves question. This one sounds really good .

11 hours ago, Sarah S said:

HTH!

Hi Sarah!!!!

I hope 'tis message finds you well!  Yes I get the whole busy thing!  Between the kiddos and school and the busier wax season and everything else I know things can certainly get hectic!  

The Coastal Kale is one I believe you posted about last year sometime.  I just had never taken the  Leap to order from CW.  I really would like to get to them, however I did skip the sale this go round.  Things got busy for me and before ya knew it I had forgot.  But I was told that they do it several times a year and sometimes it's even get two free 16 ounce bottles with purchase, so I just passed it up for now.  I have Coastal Kale, Pumpkin Pancake & Voodoo Love on my list so far.  I just got the Teakwood Mahogany from LS so I just didn't add the Mahogany Spice to my list quite yet.  I wonder if they are similar in person.  I see Kat had already mentioned if it was Leaves or Autumn Leaves but when I went to Aztec I just seen Autumn in the Park and their BBW Leaves.  I do have Falling Leaves from RE and really enjoy that one too.  Anyhoo.... Thank you for your help again!  I think the next company on my radar is BC.  I have a ha full of their oils but want more because the ones I do have are pretty darn great!  Have you tried any others from there lately that have surprised you?  I have a pretty large list of ones to try from them too!  😊 Not that I need any more darn oils girl... lol   

@katmeltswax and @Marleigha, you ladies are so right, I am getting my fall fragrances mixed up! Lol

19 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I wanted to ask you regarding Mahogany Spice compared to Aztec .Did you mean Leaves BBW dupe from Aztec or Autumn leaves ? I use so many from Aztec & cannot recall a Falling Leaves ,other than the both mentioned . Just was wandering if I am getting the name correct ? I know Flaming has a Falling Leaves , wanna get this one into my wax.

I meant the Autumn Leaves from Aztec! So sorry! To me it smells exactly like Mahogany Spice, and not leafy at all.

Now, RE's Falling Leaves is wonderful, and does smell like leaves in the fall. I haven't smelled Flaming's yet! 😄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Hi Sarah!!!!

I hope 'tis message finds you well!  Yes I get the whole busy thing!  Between the kiddos and school and the busier wax season and everything else I know things can certainly get hectic!  

The Coastal Kale is one I believe you posted about last year sometime.  I just had never taken the  Leap to order from CW.  I really would like to get to them, however I did skip the sale this go round.  Things got busy for me and before ya knew it I had forgot.  But I was told that they do it several times a year and sometimes it's even get two free 16 ounce bottles with purchase, so I just passed it up for now.  I have Coastal Kale, Pumpkin Pancake & Voodoo Love on my list so far.  I just got the Teakwood Mahogany from LS so I just didn't add the Mahogany Spice to my list quite yet.  I wonder if they are similar in person.  I see Kat had already mentioned if it was Leaves or Autumn Leaves but when I went to Aztec I just seen Autumn in the Park and their BBW Leaves.  I do have Falling Leaves from RE and really enjoy that one too.  Anyhoo.... Thank you for your help again!  I think the next company on my radar is BC.  I have a ha full of their oils but want more because the ones I do have are pretty darn great!  Have you tried any others from there lately that have surprised you?  I have a pretty large list of ones to try from them too!  😊 Not that I need any more darn oils girl... lol   

Check out @ScentedPleasurez post about BC's surplus fragrances, a lot of winners in there. I think we already covered most of my favorites from BC, but some must-haves are Dreamweaver, Stonehenge, Cinnamon Raisin Bread, and Crushed Ginger. All great throwers and unique fragrances.

Um, not be an enabler, but have you ever ordered from Indiana Candle Supply.....? Best variety of bakery scents, great prices, and killer strong. 🤓

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

Check out @ScentedPleasurez post about BC's surplus fragrances, a lot of winners in there. I think we already covered most of my favorites from BC, but some must-haves are Dreamweaver, Stonehenge, Cinnamon Raisin Bread, and Crushed Ginger. All great throwers and unique fragrances.

Um, not be an enabler, but have you ever ordered from Indiana Candle Supply.....? Best variety of bakery scents, great prices, and killer strong. 🤓

Omg they have so many that I love. My newest fo try is the Amber rose tobacco from bc and really all of their closeouts u cant beat the price. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

@katmeltswax and @Marleigha, you ladies are so right, I am getting my fall fragrances mixed up! Lol

I meant the Autumn Leaves from Aztec! So sorry! To me it smells exactly like Mahogany Spice, and not leafy at all.

Now, RE's Falling Leaves is wonderful, and does smell like leaves in the fall. I haven't smelled Flaming's yet! 😄

Thank you Sarah bunches ,it's ok bc I fo the same thing often ,mixed up oils lol...I have a sample of Flamings Falling leaves & want yo get into wax asap. I have alot going on here at home ,remodel ,due to plumbing leak .I won't bore you with the details ,such a mess .

I thank Marleigh from the bottom of my heart ,she has been taking in my troubles lately & supporting me 100% on the issues with  on my house . This girl has been such a blessing for me .

I am like you & absolutely love CW oils ,most are top of the line .

The Mahogany Spice has me curious & I am looking for a great BBW Mahogany Woods dupe .

I am now thinking maybe the Aztec Autumn leaves could be the BBW dupe of Mahogany Woods .

I know BBW has & still does replace the same scent with a different name .I will certainly look into this & compare the notes .

I will let you know how Flamings Falling Leaves  turns out asap. Sure smells great oob .

I need about 48 hours in a day right now . Thank you always 

Kat

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

The ones she has recommended  sound amazing . It's ok to enable lol

We gotta love our Fragrange oils ,I have been know to be a enabler myself .

I am excited to hear her ICS recommendations . I love the ones  I have used in the past .To name a few are Bluberry Cheesescake ,Caramel kettle corn ,Apple strudel Trapps recommendation. I know I have a few more ,my thoughts are lost atm . Guess the stress with my house issues are fogging my memory atm. I look forward to hearing more ICS scents . Lol especially the killer strong as you stated 😇

• Like 1