WSP Coconut Milk base vs. Candlewic Coconut Milk base

olives

I just bought a sample of Candlewic's Coconut Milk MP base, based on a good review I saw on this board...and then went over to WSP to do some other shopping and realized that they, too, had a coconut milk MP base. Anyone have experience with either of these bases? I have read so-so reviews of the Crafter's Choice MP bases, but if the WSP base is a good one, I'd love to order from them instead. I don't order anything else from Candlewic, and shipping was high!

Would love to hear anyone's experience with either base. Thanks!

I have tried both, and like both.  The one from WSP that I have used is the detergent free, really nice to work with, lathers and holds scent really well.  I just ordered other detergent free bases from WSP, and hope to get some poured this weekend to try them out, am hoping they are also as good.

• Like 1

Slightly different ingredients:

Candlewic Coconut Milk Soap base

Glycerin, Prop. Glycol, Coconut Oil, Triethanolamine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Stearate, Coconut Cream, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Purifited Water

WSP Crafter's Choice Detergent Free Coconut Milk Soap base:

Sorbitol, Coconut Oil, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Coconut Milk, Titanium Dioxide

Just now, se2653 said:

I have tried both, and like both.  The one from WSP that I have used is the detergent free, really nice to work with, lathers and holds scent really well.  I just ordered other detergent free bases from WSP, and hope to get some poured this weekend to try them out, am hoping they are also as good.

Thanks @se2653! I'm going to order a sample today. I'm glad to know that it worked well for you!

17 minutes ago, olives said:

Slightly different ingredients:

Candlewic Coconut Milk Soap base

Glycerin, Prop. Glycol, Coconut Oil, Triethanolamine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Stearate, Coconut Cream, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Purifited Water

WSP Crafter's Choice Detergent Free Coconut Milk Soap base:

Sorbitol, Coconut Oil, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Coconut Milk, Titanium Dioxide

The wsp  base is closer to an actual soap than the candlewic version. The ingredient list is out of whack, though. No way sorbitol is the first ingredient. 

The candlewic product is loaded with detergents. Their ingredient list seems out of order too. If I were to choose, I’d lean toward the wsp 

• Thanks 1