Hi,

I am looking for some fragrance oil suggestions. I am blending a soy/coconut/paraffin wax. Does anyone have a favorite fragrance for any of these scents:

• Citrus/orange
  • lavender
  • gardenia
  • peach
  • basil
  • amber
  • jasmine
  • milk and honey

Any other favorite scents anyone wants to share would be insightful as well!

Thanks in advanced,

Kayla

9 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Pretty much I use all those fragrances you have listed.  Check out Flaming, Candle Science, Just Scent, Fillmore. Community Candle. Natures Garden for starters.

Trappeur

Thanks, Trappeur!

I like Georgia Peach from Aztec.

My favorite citrus is a blend,  Berry Tangerine from Candlewic.  My granddaughter loves Clementine & Daisy, also from Candlewic.  It's very "tart" I would say.  

I got a sample of Cottage Breeze from Candlewic and liked it.  Ended up ordering a big bottle from Nature's Garden though.  It is citrusy to me, and I really like it.  Funny, Candlewic describes it as cool salt air and citrus, while NG doesn't use the word citrus at all.  It's a YC type.  Another good YC type I like from Candlewic is Summer Fresh, it has mandarin in with lots of other notes.

Can't help you on the others.  I used Lavender from Aztec, but I'm not a Lavender fan.  Eventually I'm going to order Lavender Fields from The Candlemaker's store.  It's the best Lavender I've smelled.

Edited by GailC
  • Thanks 1

CS:   Lavender I just made up 25 of them for a shop.  CS Lavender is a tad sweeter than Flamings.   Not much.....I use both lavenders and they are great.

Fillmore:   English Lavender I ordered and it is different than the other 2 Lavenders - is nice.....

Gardenia from CS and Flaming to my nose are the same but strong.

Peach:  I use tons and tons of peach.   My go to peach is Peach Nectar from CS....been using for years.  It is more a richer peach and you can smell the juciness more so than just the regular peach they have.  You can smell the nectar.  It's like biting into a ripe peach.   Now I also like Flamings Peach Nectar as a second runner up.   I know a lot of people like Aztecs peach and I have used it too...it is nice.   I prefer the others for me.

Basil I use Flamings Basil-Sage-Mint.  It sure is a power thrower too...Is a very huge top seller for me too in all stores.

Jasmine from Flaming I use.

Oatmeal, milk and Honey I have yet to find my true scent for this one.  I use Flamings - not bad....It is a light scent to begin with.   It sells but I'm still on the hunt.   But for the ones who want that scent I use Flamings.....Now RE has a real nice one too.  I need to order some more of that this week.   I think the ones I use are lacking something.   Like maybe more of a dose of oatmeal and honey.  Then too I have had this scent with almond in it and it is wonderful.  Can't remember where I got it from.  I'm a sweet bakery type of person and I go more for sweetness.  If you find a good one, I'd sure love to try it.

Trappeur

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For citrus/orange what are you looking for exactly?

I love love love Community's Orange Peel and Cinnamon.

Another one I have been selling like crazy is Orange Creamsicle....oh my....soooo good.  I have tried every Orange Creamsicle/or Dreamsicle out there I swear.   Up until I found Fillmores Orange Creamsicle I was using Fragrance Buddy's.   And then too I could blend Flamings Orange Sherbert with Vanilla or their Summer Scoop and these are nice to.   But I'm loving Fillmores because it has more richness to it with creaminess and more vanilla (I'm a vanilla freak)....

Trappeur

• Like 1

@GailC, have you tried Candlewic's Peaches and Berries? It is wonderful, a very true peach and really strong!

@Trappeur, I just got a pound of CW's OMH, it's very heavy on the almond. I'm actually regretting that I ordered the full pound, but I'm hoping some mixing will improve it. Does RE's have a strong almond base? I'd love to find something with more milk and oatmeal.

@KaylaN, I can't help you with the florals or the citrus, but Rustic's Escentual's Sweet Amber Musk is one of the best ambers I have ever smelled. Aztec's Amber Romance is really spot-on if you're a fan of the VS original. Candle Science has a very nice Egyptian Amber that is soft and exotic. Bramble Berry used to have a really nice straight Amber, but I'm not sure if they carry it anymore. HTH!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KaylaN said:

Hi,

I am looking for some fragrance oil suggestions. I am blending a soy/coconut/paraffin wax. Does anyone have a favorite fragrance for any of these scents:

• Citrus/orange
  • lavender
  • gardenia
  • peach
  • basil
  • amber
  • jasmine
  • milk and honey

Any other favorite scents anyone wants to share would be insightful as well!

Thanks in advanced,

Kayla

Citrus/orange - Genwax Juicy Bits of Orange, AH Fresh Squeezed Oranges, NG Fresh Squeezed Oranges, Sweet Cakes Mandarin Orange

Lavender - Tennessee Candle Supply (sorry I know they're out of business); I'm hording my last bit

Gardenia - Candle Science

Peach - Aztec Just Peachy, Aztec Georgia Peach, NG Fresh Peach

Basil - Bittercreek Basil Sage Mint, Bittercreek Basil and Cucumber

Amber - AH Sweet Amber Musk

@Sarah S, no I haven't tried CW Peaches and Berries, but it sounds good and the price is right.  I'll at least get a sample next time I order from them.  It may be awhile because I am seriously overstocked with FO's.  It's beyond ridiculous.  I know we talk about being addicts, but I need to be sensible and slow down.  I have so many I haven't even had a chance to put in wax yet.

But I am totally out of Capri Blue Volcano and Pink Sugar from Aztec and customers are clamoring for more.  :)  So when I do break down and order it will have to be from Aztec.  

That doesn't mean I don't check CW's website to see what the current special is. :) The percentage off UPS shipping is not a sale to me, because I use the FedEx shipping there which is always way cheaper than UPS.  

1 hour ago, GailC said:

@Sarah S, no I haven't tried CW Peaches and Berries, but it sounds good and the price is right.  I'll at least get a sample next time I order from them.  It may be awhile because I am seriously overstocked with FO's.  It's beyond ridiculous.  I know we talk about being addicts, but I need to be sensible and slow down.  I have so many I haven't even had a chance to put in wax yet.

But I am totally out of Capri Blue Volcano and Pink Sugar from Aztec and customers are clamoring for more.  :)  So when I do break down and order it will have to be from Aztec.  

That doesn't mean I don't check CW's website to see what the current special is. :) The percentage off UPS shipping is not a sale to me, because I use the FedEx shipping there which is always way cheaper than UPS.  

I have been on a serious Aztec FO binge recently. They get me with the 5/$5, guaranteed at least one is something that I need a bigger bottle of! Every month! I know you like the fruit/floral combos, so when you order from Aztec, get a sample of the White Peach and Hibiscus (if you haven't already tried it!). It is a lovely feminine fruity fragrance, not quite a perfume and not quite a food type. That's one I needed the big bottle of! Lol

21 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I have been on a serious Aztec FO binge recently. They get me with the 5/$5, guaranteed at least one is something that I need a bigger bottle of! Every month! I know you like the fruit/floral combos, so when you order from Aztec, get a sample of the White Peach and Hibiscus (if you haven't already tried it!). It is a lovely feminine fruity fragrance, not quite a perfume and not quite a food type. That's one I needed the big bottle of! Lol

I happen to have a box of samples sitting right next to me, and I do have the White Peach & Hibiscus sample.  It does smell pretty good.  In fact, the whole box smells delightful when I take the lid off.  :)  

I have so many good samples I want larger bottles of though.  From Aztec, I want the Brazilian Coffee, but I just found another coffee I haven't even used yet from CW.  

From RE I really want Tuscan Fields and Caribbean Day Spa.  From Cierra, I really want Tokyo Nights...I love that name and it smells so good. Strawberry Kiwi smells good too and Bergamot Rosewood is unique.   From the Candlemaker's store I really want Bamboo Lime and Country Raspberry.  Darn all those sample deals anyway.  

Must. Be. Sensible.  Must some I have first.  Must.  :)

5 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

:laugh2:Oh Gail, you crack me up.....All these oils you have!

Trappeur

I know....I'm hopeless. But I'll have you know, I needed to order more jars from Flaming and I only ordered another bottle of Chai because it's so good like you said it was, and a bottle of Lemon Verbena, also because you recommended it.  I love lemon and it does smell wonderful OOB.

I was pretty proud of myself.  :)

• Like 1

Oh I'm proud of myself for saying something was good and someone actually agreed with me!

You'r not hopeless....I'm the same way myself truth be told....I enjoy my oils and love to buy them and then stick in the cabinet waiting for me to clean out some jars so I can make for myself......Every account I have they have to have their lemon verbena....I swear...Now the way I like it is adding a good amount of vanilla for myself.  Every week I order a pound or 2 of the lemon verbena it goes so fast.  Then basil-sage-mint always ordering that every week.  Just 2 days ago, just to show you how ditsy I am, I went and ordered the same darn oils as I did last week and they were new ones too!  I forgot that I did.  Geesh I could have pocketed $116.00 I spent so foolishly...well, not really.  You know what I ordered twice?  Well I had to order more of the orange peel and cinnamon from Community and more Luxe Linen so they had a new scent called Tropical Mango Vanilla.  I got it last week and then got so upset cause I needed for an account and was worried I was going to be late (a bad habit of mine)so I called it in, then when I got to the shack, there was a box from Community from last week I forgot to pickup.  Oh, I did order from Fragrance Buddy Sugared Peaches/type of Peaks they now carry.  Seems light but nice...sure hope it blooms when in wax....I also got from the Cinnamon/Balsam which sounded nice.   

Well gotta take my roast out of the oven now and feed my face plus 20 more looking through the windows at me....geesh!   They all just ate 1 1/2 hours ago....

Trappeur

@Trappeur, my customers really love Lemon Pound Cake from FB, but I think the Lemon Verbena will be a hit as well. I have a sample of Basil Sage Mint from somewhere, but have yet to use the Rosemary Mint that I got at NG when I drove there last summer.  I should make that soon....plus a bunch of others.  But I have to make Lemon first. I also like Lemongrass Sage from Candlewic so I have 3 Lemons to choose from.

I have never ordered from Community and don't intend to start. So don't be telling me about Tropical Mango Vanilla which sounds so good. :)

:laugh2:Ok I will try and refrain about any new fragrances for you........*hiding*

Trappeur

OH, OH OH....speaking of FB Lemon pound cake?  Oh gosh, I got a pound of that sometime.  I just pulled it out right this minute and I'm melting wax right now to test that one....thankyou for putting that up!

I just poured a 3 wick jobby of Sugared Peaches right now...Got from FBuddy - was a Peaks dupe.

Gosh, it smells like PPW....Hope they didn't get it mixed up and put wrong name on label.  Well anyway, I love it so far.

Trappeur

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

:laugh2:Ok I will try and refrain about any new fragrances for you........*hiding*

Trappeur

OH, OH OH....speaking of FB Lemon pound cake?  Oh gosh, I got a pound of that sometime.  I just pulled it out right this minute and I'm melting wax right now to test that one....thankyou for putting that up!

I just poured a 3 wick jobby of Sugared Peaches right now...Got from FBuddy - was a Peaks dupe.

Gosh, it smells like PPW....Hope they didn't get it mixed up and put wrong name on label.  Well anyway, I love it so far.

Trappeur

Don't you dare refrain from mentioning new fragrances.  :)  I can at least put them on my wish list.  Right?

Oh the Lemon Pound Cake from FB is so good!

Weird that Sugared Peaches smells like PPW.  I thought the Snickerdoodle from Candlescience smelled something like PPW.

See I personally really like Tibetian Amber from Nature's Garden

Lavender was Peak's but may need to find a dupe. 

A straight out basil, you could probably find it anywhere. The basil sage and mint anywhere is a pretty good mix and I think it can freely fluctuate between BCN, NG and Flaming etc. 

Now a straight up milk and honey with NO oatmeal is something I have been trying to hunt down. There used to be an absolutely delicious mix of milk and honey but that supplier went OOB. No one picked up the fragrances, but it has to be in a fragrance house somewhere I imagine. 

I've not really found a jasmine that I can fully appreciate. Would love to find one, but just haven't. Peach hasn't been easy to find that doesn't leave a fuel smell behind. 

Gardenia, I'll leave that up to others. It was one of those fragrances I could never get into either. 

I found rustic escentuals peach FO to be extremely good. I'm not normally into synthetic fruity smells, I just don't like them, but that one actually smelled like legit ripe peaches and was strong, too. Worth sampling IMO if someone wants a good peach and is trying other things from RE already.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 1:19 AM, Trappeur said:

Pretty much I use all those fragrances you have listed.  Check out Flaming, Candle Science, Just Scent, Fillmore. Community Candle. Natures Garden for starters.

Trappeur

The first FOs I purchased were from Just Scent, that was back when I thought making candles would be easy. So I put them in some 464, doing everything wrong, and they had no hot throw. I haven't purchased from them sense then, should I give them a second try?

3 hours ago, Forrest said:

The first FOs I purchased were from Just Scent, that was back when I thought making candles would be easy. So I put them in some 464, doing everything wrong, and they had no hot throw. I haven't purchased from them sense then, should I give them a second try?

Forrest, I was not impressed with the fragrances I have tried  from JS. Nor have I been wowed by Maple Street, or Save on Scents. Nature's Garden has some great oils, but personally I have more success with them in soap than wax. For candle fragrance, I am consistently pleased with Rustic, Aztec, Bittercreek and recently Candle Science. I just ordered some bakery types from Indiana Candle Supply, and OOB they smell incredible, if they deliver in wax that might be my go-to for that type. 

Candlewic, Flaming, and Filmore have some great ones as well, and cater more to the chandler than the B&B crowd. 

I live in the mid-Atlantic, so I tend to shop "locally" as it were, which helps with the shipping. If you live on the west coast, you might be looking for a completely different supply chain. 😆

I know that was way more info than you asked for, and of course it is just my nose's opinion, I know others have their favorites too!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

Forrest, I was not impressed with the fragrances I have tried  from JS. Nor have I been wowed by Maple Street, or Save on Scents. Nature's Garden has some great oils, but personally I have more success with them in soap than wax. For candle fragrance, I am consistently pleased with Rustic, Aztec, Bittercreek and recently Candle Science. I just ordered some bakery types from Indiana Candle Supply, and OOB they smell incredible, if they deliver in wax that might be my go-to for that type. 

Candlewic, Flaming, and Filmore have some great ones as well, and cater more to the chandler than the B&B crowd. 

I live in the mid-Atlantic, so I tend to shop "locally" as it were, which helps with the shipping. If you live on the west coast, you might be looking for a completely different supply chain. 😆

I know that was way more info than you asked for, and of course it is just my nose's opinion, I know others have their favorites too!

Thanks Sarah, my FO addiction support group is going to put you on the naughty list. I’m in north Alabama so I have mostly used Flaming and Aztec, but I have ordered a few from Candlewic. I recently ordered a few FOs from Community Candle and was very pleased. With all these suppliers with so many FOs it’s just hard to control yourself.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Forrest said:

Thanks Sarah, my FO addiction support group is going to put you on the naughty list. I’m in north Alabama so I have mostly used Flaming and Aztec, but I have ordered a few from Candlewic. I recently ordered a few FOs from Community Candle and was very pleased. With all these suppliers with so many FOs it’s just hard to control yourself.

Uh oh!.....see you are truly becoming a fo ho....lol

Trappeur

• Haha 2

On 4/25/2018 at 12:20 PM, Sarah S said:

Im in north florida so have to check out those close to me. I will venture out more once i see shipping costs though. Some of the shipping is so much for so little. Im new 😮 i have to start somewhere.