My Third Pillar Candle

Hopie

Really cool suggestions! I also just finished testing my first pyramid, odd wick behavior (which I expected). When lit, the top burns fast n' crazy..but then, it settles down to a beautiful burn as the pyramid thickens. I'm going to downwick my next one, and see how that turns out. I'm only going down one size, because I think anything smaller will drown in the wax. 

Yes, I know it's addicting!! You should have seen my former next door neighbor after we made candles at my house! She was buying LOADS of oils, LOL! Way more than I had at the time! :rolleyes:

I have almost every candle mold EXCEPT a pyramid....not having wicked said shape I can't add any advice on the wicking process....but I gotta tell ya that pouring and de-molding a marble candle is a ''high''.  You can do any where from one color to several different colors.........I'd suggest starting with two colors so that you can get a good sense of how the colors spread throughout the candle.  It all comes down to mixing the color GENTLY prior to pouring...after adding the dyes and gently stirring, you pour/scoop the wax into the mold,  bang it a lot to settle the wax and then heat gun the outside of the mold....this will help to eliminate any pockets/pot holes....since the wax was poured cold there may be holes/pockets that form along the side of the mold....heat gunning will eliminate that and create a smooth surface.

Now that I have said all that, maybe I should go pour a marbled pillar and practice 'what I preach'..or in other words,  get off my butt and produce something amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon, Pam...POUR IT! :)  Just made a new candle last night, so I'll post it later today. Was in Urgent Care a few days ago, so I haven't been here much, battling horrendous pain due to stomach ulcers since last Sept., they're a real pain to heal! 

Would I  be able to do a "tie dye" or "marble" effect using the dye chips? That's all I currently have in here. 

On 5/3/2018 at 10:51 AM, Hopie said:

C'mon, Pam...POUR IT! :)  Just made a new candle last night, so I'll post it later today. Was in Urgent Care a few days ago, so I haven't been here much, battling horrendous pain due to stomach ulcers since last Sept., they're a real pain to heal! 

Would I  be able to do a "tie dye" or "marble" effect using the dye chips? That's all I currently have in here. 

Ok, the pour pot is heating.......plus I've run out of candles for personal use.......how the he$$ that does that happen?????????

39 minutes ago, Pam W said:

Ok, the pour pot is heating.......plus I've run out of candles for personal use.......how the he$$ that does that happen?????????

Egged you on, did I? Heh heh...

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, NaughtyNancy said:

Really like the look of that candle, reminds me of amethyst. 

Ya' know, you're right! Now that I think about it, reminds me of amethyst, too! Maybe I'll get this wicked right by February for the Gem Show in Quartzsite? It would look good on my tables!