Black coffee and other fragrance questions!

Grungedoll

Im searching for the perfect black coffee fragrance! I want something not super sugary or caramel like all the other coffee scents out there that I’ve found. Opinions? :)

Also when it comes to mixing or measuring fragrance oils, what does everyone use? I’ve read to only use glass or disposable wax cups... but I’m having quite the time finding those (unless I order them) and is it ok to wash the left over fragrance oil out of a glass bowl or cup down the drain...? (Maybe that makes me sound over paranoid, but I have no idea! I’ve heard washing essential oils is a bad idea.. I didn’t know if it was the same thing. :hairpulling:)

I'm testing "Fresh Coffee" from CS.  It's good and strong in the bottle but mellows a little when applied and lit in soy wax.  With regard to measuring FO's, I have used a wax paper cup but the majority of the time I use a small sauce cup/ramekin that one of the kids brought home from a restaurant and I believe it's made from melamine.  They're not all the same though.  I started out with three.  One brown, one white, and one red.  The brown was only used a few times and then seemed to melt from the exposure to the fo.  The white, eh, I can't remember what happened to that thing.  The cat might have eaten it.  But the red?  Still trudging on after 6 months.  I measure and pour and then clean with alcohol.  It's holds a little over an ounce and works great.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rhoops said:

I'm testing "Fresh Coffee" from CS.  It's good and strong in the bottle but mellows a little when applied and lit in soy wax.  With regard to measuring FO's, I have used a wax paper cup but the majority of the time I use a small sauce cup/ramekin that one of the kids brought home from a restaurant and I believe it's made from melamine.  They're not all the same though.  I started out with three.  One brown, one white, and one red.  The brown was only used a few times and then seemed to melt from the exposure to the fo.  The white, eh, I can't remember what happened to that thing.  The cat might have eaten it.  But the red?  Still trudging on after 6 months.  I measure and pour and then clean with alcohol.  It's holds a little over an ounce and works great.  

4 hours ago, rhoops said:

I don't use EO's so I couldn't advise on those.

Thank you you for the input rhoops! I’m definitely going to give CS FOs a chance very soon! Ive buy my wicks and my 8oz tins from them so I’ve looked over their FOs numerous times now. I just desperately need to find a great pure coffee scent! And after everything I’ve read, no pure EOs for me either.

ICS Coffee Bean  - Super strong (lighten up on this one)

ICS Cafe Cubano 

Aztec Brazilian Coffee and Pure Cane

Now I have samples of these but haven't used them as of yet:

JS Fresh Roasted

JS Starbucks Roasted Coffee

I use the 3 oz disposable Dixie cups to measure oils.  I buy them in bulk from Costco or you can find them at Walmart, Target, etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grungedoll said:

Thank you you for the input rhoops! I’m definitely going to give CS FOs a chance very soon! Ive buy my wicks and my 8oz tins from them so I’ve looked over their FOs numerous times now. I just desperately need to find a great pure coffee scent! And after everything I’ve read, no pure EOs for me either.

You're very welcome!  I'm still a newbie myself but I'd like to help where I can.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:38 PM, Grungedoll said:
Im searching for the perfect black coffee fragrance! I want something not super sugary or caramel like all the other coffee scents out there that I’ve found. Opinions? :)

Love Coffee Bean from Indiana Candle Supply. It's super strong, perfect alone or as a mixer.

• Like 2