Backwoods going out of business

anmansir

I was hoping to place my first order with Backwoods and am sad to see that they announced they will be closing. The fragrances I was interested in were Honey Gingerbread, Pumpkin Gingerbread, Gingerbread Latte and Pumpkin Cornbread. Are there FO from other suppliers that are comparable?

What?  They're going out of business?   Omg!  I just sent them an order about 4 days ago and never saw anything on their site about that.   The new account I just got, ordered 2 fragrances for their line from Backwoods....

Trappeur

Dang it. That's going to eliminate a few scents that I don't think are elsewhere, but someone carries all of these things somewhere. The trick will be to find where. I'm not sure that Pink Amber, Ambre Blue, Amber Moon are out there. 

Edited by Scented

This is sad news. Her honey gingerbread is the best gingerbread I have ever used. Plus her Black Irish is one of a kind. Green Irish Tweed is close but not as good. She had some very distinctive scents that will be hard to replace!

I think I still  have a little Pumpkin Cornbread left. Another distinctive fragrance.

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

This is sad news. Her honey gingerbread is the best gingerbread I have ever used. Plus her Black Irish is one of a kind. Green Irish Tweed is close but not as good. She had some very distinctive scents that will be hard to replace!

I think I still  have a little Pumpkin Cornbread left. Another distinctive fragrance.

Black Irish is one of my favorites. This is so sad.

On 4/4/2018 at 4:15 PM, Sunday said:

I've used black irish, honey gingerbread, pink pepperberry, and twigs n berries. I love black irish and honey gingerbread. Pink pepperberry was okay but not special to me, and twigs n berries I just didn't like. Didn't smell like twigs or berries to me.

I have read reviews of the breeze in the keys and sandalwood cardamon being good but have no personal experience with them.

Personally, I find all her pumpkin and gingerbread type fragrances to be the best around. You can't find better IMO. Her lilac type FOs are also top notch and the black irish is better than any green irish tweed out there.

Edited by Candybee

• 8 months later...

I wish I'd seen this before I placed my order on December 22nd. Paypal took my money but I never got an email from Backwoods and now I can't access the website. I misplaced the list of what I ordered, and now I'm wondering if I'll even get my order. They had a lot of fragrances I wanted to try. 

On 12/24/2018 at 2:04 PM, maria57 said:

I wish I'd seen this before I placed my order on December 22nd. Paypal took my money but I never got an email from Backwoods and now I can't access the website. I misplaced the list of what I ordered, and now I'm wondering if I'll even get my order. They had a lot of fragrances I wanted to try. 

Maybe you can find something out from the personal email listed in the post above.

uncledoondie@yahoo.com

On 12/24/2018 at 1:04 PM, maria57 said:

I'm sure you will hear from her. I ordered a couple of months ago, after the announcement and all went well. She even reordered the honey gingerbread as I needed several pounds.

Hi Maria, rest easy. I saved your order in my email before the site went off the internet. I will be sending your order out tomorrow morning. If anyone wants to order anything I may have left contact me via my personal email, uncledoondie@yahoo.com.  Connie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Darbla,

Sad to close Backwoods but when orders drop off you get to a point where you really have no choice. I have a lot of good repeat customers and am sad to loose contact with them and sad to leave them in a lurch with their favorite fragrances.

Connie