anmansir

Backwoods going out of business

I was hoping to place my first order with Backwoods and am sad to see that they announced they will be closing. The fragrances I was interested in were Honey Gingerbread, Pumpkin Gingerbread, Gingerbread Latte and Pumpkin Cornbread. Are there FO from other suppliers that are comparable?

What?  They're going out of business?   Omg!  I just sent them an order about 4 days ago and never saw anything on their site about that.   The new account I just got, ordered 2 fragrances for their line from Backwoods....

Trappeur

I was surprised too. I have been stalking their site for weeks and have my cart full. Not sure I want to bother now though if the oils won't be around for long. :(

Dang it. That's going to eliminate a few scents that I don't think are elsewhere, but someone carries all of these things somewhere. The trick will be to find where. I'm not sure that Pink Amber, Ambre Blue, Amber Moon are out there. 

Edited by Scented

This is sad news. Her honey gingerbread is the best gingerbread I have ever used. Plus her Black Irish is one of a kind. Green Irish Tweed is close but not as good. She had some very distinctive scents that will be hard to replace!

I think I still  have a little Pumpkin Cornbread left. Another distinctive fragrance.

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

This is sad news. Her honey gingerbread is the best gingerbread I have ever used. Plus her Black Irish is one of a kind. Green Irish Tweed is close but not as good. She had some very distinctive scents that will be hard to replace!

I think I still  have a little Pumpkin Cornbread left. Another distinctive fragrance.

Black Irish is one of my favorites. This is so sad.

Their Twigs and Berries didn't smell anything like the one from AH/RE (which I really like). Theirs smelled really earthy like patchouli to me. 

This is SO sad--it seems like every time I sign on here there is bad news lately. You can't count on any of these companies anymore. 

Ugh, sorry for those of you that used them.  Guess it's just getting harder and harder for suppliers to make it.

On 4/4/2018 at 4:15 PM, Sunday said:

I've used black irish, honey gingerbread, pink pepperberry, and twigs n berries. I love black irish and honey gingerbread. Pink pepperberry was okay but not special to me, and twigs n berries I just didn't like. Didn't smell like twigs or berries to me.

I have read reviews of the breeze in the keys and sandalwood cardamon being good but have no personal experience with them.

Personally, I find all her pumpkin and gingerbread type fragrances to be the best around. You can't find better IMO. Her lilac type FOs are also top notch and the black irish is better than any green irish tweed out there.

Edited by Candybee

Sandalwood cardamon was divine, but not a huge mover here. Might have been a name thing. It was an accidental send from her to me.