What to do with campfire FO?

Paintguru

So a while back I picked up a campfire FO from The Flaming Candle.  OOB, it definitely smells smokey like a campfire!!  However, it is pretty overpowering, and I've smelled campfire candles before that are overly smokey IMO.  Any thoughts on how to tone this down/blend this with something else interesting?  I was thinking maybe a fall leaves type FO to hopefully give the smell of burning leaves.  Maybe add it to leather and grass for a cowboy type fragrance.  Thoughts?  

On 3/28/2018 at 4:06 AM, Paintguru said:

So a while back I picked up a campfire FO from The Flaming Candle.  OOB, it definitely smells smokey like a campfire!!  However, it is pretty overpowering, and I've smelled campfire candles before that are overly smokey IMO.  Any thoughts on how to tone this down/blend this with something else interesting?  I was thinking maybe a fall leaves type FO to hopefully give the smell of burning leaves.  Maybe add it to leather and grass for a cowboy type fragrance.  Thoughts?  

Just like coffee and other really strong fragrances, keep the blend of the fireplace down to a very low percentage. Too much and you will get a BBQ smelling candle, if that's not what you want :) Or try and blend it a bit with something musky.

• Like 1