Best Lotion Base

burnsv1

I'm just curious what you would consider the best lotion base of all.  I tried Elements triple thick and it didn't hold FO at all for me.  I had a huge wholesale order and usually use something else but it was on backorder so I tried something new.  Awful.  If anyone has the 411 on a nice creamy lotion that accepts FO without fuss then I implore you to share.  Thanks!

My personal fav is WSP's goat milk & honey base. Really I love all of WSP's bases. EBB's bases are really awesome as well and haven't been disappointed in any I have tried. Another awesome lotion base is Aquatech Skin Care's lotions. If you are on the west coast try Rainshadowlabs. You can't go wrong with any of these suppliers lotion bases.

I got some quite lovely lotion base at Bulk Apothecary. Make sure to get the premium, not the basic one. My customers loved it, and it's a beautiful, non greasy blend. Fragrances very nicely, too. 

Candybee I tried Elements Triple Thick and the FO separated from the lotion base.  Bulk Apothecary is what I usually use but it is always out of stock.  I got an email that it was back in stock and a day later it was gone.  Ahhhhh!!!

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

I just ordered a tub of body butter from RE and I'm testing it soon. The first test I try is using it straight from the tub to see if its too greasy first and it wasn't. I haven't added ingredients and FO to it yet.

RE got me by including a sample of the body butter in my last order whithout me requesting it.  It's really nice, but it is a butter not a lotion.  As far as lotions go, I've tried most of EBC's and they were all really good.  I have used and liked BA's but same issue, never in stock when I needed it, so moved on.

On 4/5/2018 at 12:14 AM, burnsv1 said:

Candybee I tried Elements Triple Thick and the FO separated from the lotion base.  Bulk Apothecary is what I usually use but it is always out of stock.  I got an email that it was back in stock and a day later it was gone.  Ahhhhh!!!

I meant Essentials by Catalina. Their bases are natural and made inhouse. I don't care for Elements bases either.