Wax, wicks, fragrance - oh my.

Jcandleattic

Put in a huge order at Candles and Supplies after @Candybee pointed out that C&S carried CD spooled wicking. 

I'm hoping that it comes on Friday so I can play this weekend, but if not, I have some soap loaves I have planned out. It's going to be nice to feel productive again. 

Hopefully it will come. My orders come the next day but then I am in Virginia and they are in PA. C&S has really improved their website  setup along with their shipping disclosure and shipping costs in the last couple years.  I started ordering more from them again once they made those improvements. And now I even get my orders within 24 hours so its a win win for me.

They also carry some of my fav FOs like Bayberry Apple Spice, Christmas Splendor, Orange, Witches Brew, Vanilla Pumpkin, and a few others.

Most likely not. They are closed today due to inclement weather, and may be closed tomorrow as well. 

I will still hold out hope, but won't be too upset if it doesn't happen. 

I am going to try their Fruit Slices (Peak was my favorite and I'm now out, so I want to see how it compares), I got Zombie Punch (yep, we just talked about this one) Tutti Frutti - LOVE this one, Peppermint, and one called Green Sea Spa - based solely on it's name. Want to see what a green sea spa smells like. LOL Got my wicking, and some glass glow since I'm down to my last few lbs. All of that and shipping was only $45 ish, and I'm clear across the country. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh--- tell me about your FOs you ordered when you get a chance. I am especially interested in the fruit slices since I am also looking for the Peak's replacement. I also forget what Zombie punch smells like but know I like it. Also, how's the green spa scent? They have some good FOs there but also some that seem light at first until you put them in wax.

1 minute ago, Candybee said:

Oh--- tell me about your FOs you ordered when you get a chance. I am especially interested in the fruit slices since I am also looking for the Peak's replacement. I also forget what Zombie punch smells like but know I like it. Also, how's the green spa scent? They have some good FOs there but also some that seem light at first until you put them in wax.

I'll let you know. I've only put Zombie Punch in soap, and it smells great - fruity with a hint of earthy, seems like what I remember - but I'll give it a resniff when I get home this afternoon and let you know. 

I also can't wait to resniff the Tutti Frutti. I LOVE that one It so great. 

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

Fruit Slices is similar to Peaks, however, it has a little bit of a after scent that has a sharp/tartness to it. It's not bad, just a little different. I'll give it a try. 

Apparently I didn't order zombie punch, I ordered peppermint. Typical peppermint but still not as good as purely peppermint from Peak. 

Green Sea Spa - smells very similar to green clover and aloe but with a hint of salt to it. 

And then of course Tutti Frutti. Very tutti very fruity! LOL Love it. 

Let me know if you soap the fruit slices how it comes out. Sorry about the zombie punch. Bummer! If you don't like their peppermint someday get a sample of their candy cane. I know its not a straight peppermint but it is just a wonderful pepperminty candy cane! I really love sniffing the bottle! Haven't soaped it just use it for Christmas candles.

The green sea spa sounds a little meh. I prefer EBB's Juniper Aloe over Green Clover & Aloe types even Peaks.

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

The green sea spa sounds a little meh. I prefer EBB's Juniper Aloe over Green Clover & Aloe types even Peaks.

I definitely was underwhelmed by the green sea spa, however, I think it will be a good mixer for something. Also underwhelmed with the peppermint. It just smells off. Maybe I was spoiled with Peaks, but I'm actually having a hard time finding a replacement as weird as that sounds. It seems like finding a peppermint would be easy. LOL 

Yeah, I was bummed about the zombie punch.. I even went back and looked at my confirmation order to make sure they didn't just forget it, but looks like I just didn't buy it. :( I have about 2 ounces left I think. 

But happy I got the Tutti Frutti. 

• Like 1

My daughter loves the green sea spa out of the bottle and wants a whole batch of soap out of it for herself, so I'm going to soap it this weekend and let you know how it soaps and if it is better in CP than oob. 

She also likes the peppermint, but she's always liked peppermint scents, so there's that... 

I just ordered from C&S! Including shipping, they were the cheapest I could find for 6006. And since they're the closest distributor to me (I'm in ME, they're in PA) it got here like 2 days after they shipped it! Woo! I also ordered Gooseberry FO because I have been looking for one everywhere and they had it on sale for $9.99/lb! :02:They also included a pour cover thing with the FO, so that's pretty cool. Overall, I'm very happy. 

1 hour ago, LittleMissSunshine said:

I just ordered from C&S! Including shipping, they were the cheapest I could find for 6006. And since they're the closest distributor to me (I'm in ME, they're in PA) it got here like 2 days after they shipped it! Woo! I also ordered Gooseberry FO because I have been looking for one everywhere and they had it on sale for $9.99/lb! :02:They also included a pour cover thing with the FO, so that's pretty cool. Overall, I'm very happy. 

Yeah, I'm clear across the country (CO) and their shipping is usually better than even closer suppliers when ordering wax. 

I almost got the gooseberry FO. That is my dad's favorite berry and he has a gooseberry bush and makes my mom make gooseberry pies every summer. 

My need for the gooseberry is much....nerdier. Lol. There is a book and video game series called The Witcher. One of my favorites of all time. The main love interest, a sorceress, is said to always smell of Lilac & Gooseberries. <3 So I really wanted to make some sugar scrubs, lotions, soaps, etc. all based around her and scented with that. I am beyond excited. :)

• Like 1