double wall jar vs single wall jars

This forum has been an excellent resource for me during my journey to reduce my overall cost to sell my scented whipped shea butter....thanks to everyone!!

I have another question.....I'm wondering if I can reduce my container cost by switching from a double wall jar to a single wall jar.  I've searched the internet for the pros and cons but with no significant success.  Is this just a 'preference' issue?

From a customer point of view, do you think it makes a difference if they purchased whipped shea butter in a single wall vs double wall jar?  

Your thoughts

I package mine in single wall clear jars.  However, mostly only carry it during the fall and winter months due to melting.  I do have some that I take to my shows during the summer but keep them in a cooler.  I have a handful of customers that love it and purchase it once or twice a year to stock up.  If I were selling it consistently year round I would most certainly use double wall jars though.

Edited by Shari

None of my people have ever mentioned they want double-wall. I’ve always used just PET containers. 

A fellow b&b seller at events used double wall jars. In summer months here her butters were all liquid if not kept chilled. In hot mail trucks the same thing happens in warmer weather. 

I used to just keep a tray of ice to display sniffers, then kept the back stock in a cooler to protect from heat damage. Now I don’t bother trying in hot weather, and save the whipped stuff for cooler months. 

• Like 1