On 2/18/2018 at 3:32 PM, Pam W said:

I use a piece of 2x4 wood with "V" cut in it to tilt my molds.

Scented: anyway you can post a pic?

On 2/16/2018 at 11:35 PM, Scented said:

Well it's a piece of equipment I use to make uniform angles with my pillars. It's a metal plate that sits atop a treated wooden base. The plate is used to tilt my molds at different degrees. It has rods attached to the plate for the molds to rest against. Some people use rice or sand in a box to do their tilting. What I use allows me to make up to 7 candles close to identical depending on how much I pour. 

The piece of equipment like Scented is probably way down the road in my future. No room for it anyway. The 2 x 4 deal that Pam is talking about sounds more down my alley. Are there any plans out there on the internet for devices like these?

I don't know that there are plans out there, but then I never looked. Steve was willing to try these things out and so now I have some. I hear I'm getting one that actually holds six so I don't have to use two together to get seven type of thing. Not sure there will be room for it, but the co-partner insisted. Can't ever tell a man he's wrong. He just won't listen lol.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:31 PM, Quentin said:

The 2 x 4 deal that Pam is talking about sounds more down my alley.

I just can't seem to picture that in my head. I could probably make one. Maybe. It would have to be something I could lean up in a corner somewhere until needed.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:48 PM, Laura C said:

Also if you don't have wick stabilizing devices or your device doesn't fit a particular jar then you can use scotch tape to make a grid across the top of the jar (as in floral arranging). I did this with my pan test to hold all my wicks in place.

And also this wick centering device. I have the single and the triple wick devices. They are a huge time saver. I love gadgets.

I WANT THIS!

I don't even make candles!

• Haha 2

I saw some people talking about Thermometers.  This is what I use,  Usually when I am making candles I make 4 pots worth at a time, and use a 1 in each pot.  I love them.  from the clip to the display.    I wish I could set the temp for the alarm to go off that would make them amazing.

The glass always worried me, and have something straight down the side seemed like I wouldn't get the temp in the middle.  I also noticed the angle I looked at the thermometers could change the temp 2-4 degrees. 

https://www.amazon.com/Admetior-Digital-12-Inch-Candy-Thermometer/dp/B003JEKSLA/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top

therm.JPG

• Like 3