Patchouli and Vanilla Coconut Milk

Sarah S

I really like how the light swirls came out, and the coconut shreds on top look so cute!

9784CE29-53F2-43A2-B1B4-DB042DDFE486.thumb.jpeg.f6aa8c02060f7369618ec9bfa81d3b72.jpeg

But I have a question for the board:

I used Filmore’s Patchouli at 4%PPO and NG’s  Vanilla Bean at 1%PPO. I expected the vanilla to be very faint, but the patchouli is also practically non-existent. 😭

I’ve been trying to use less fragrance in my soaps recently, usually I use 6-7%PPO. Does anyone have experience soaping with this patchouli? Is it a characteristic of this FO to fade, or do you think I just didn’t use enough?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scented said:

I think it looks nice. So both fragrances went light? I get the lower percentage use. What kept your white showing? A stabilizer?

I knew the vanilla would be light since it was only 1%, but I was surprised that the patchouli was so light at 4%. But it was the FO, not the EO, so I guess I should have stuck with 5-6%. The vanilla was just a hint to sweeten up the patch.

I used TD in the whole batch, then I separated out a little bit before I put in the FO and added a little more TD to it. This is about 2 weeks cure time, so it may discolor some more, we'll see! I made it for myself and my hippie aunts, so it's ok if it's not perfect! 😁

Thank you for the sweet compliments everyone! ❤️