A rose oil to use in a facial mist?

Darbla

Is there a good smelling rose oil or rose geranium oil that would be safe to use in a facial mist and won't cost me a 2nd mortgage on my house to acquire? 

On a related note, do any of you remember that Rose Milk lotion from way back?  My mom used to use that.

Edited by Darbla
  • Like 1

I bought some rose hydrosol, I think I found it on ebay, I'm not sure what it cost, but it had to be reasonable for me to buy it!  You use very little, it smells of roses, and is great for the skin, really does a wonderful job of relaxing skin & nerves when it's hot out!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Bumping this back up because I'm still looking for good rose oils.

No, I wasn't talking about hydrosols back then.  @Moonstar I see a couple of rose absolutes and rose ottos on that site so I may check those out.  Thanks!

Edited by Darbla
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few places you can buy EO wholesale but there are minimum $$ you have to spend.  I always go way over so for me not a big deal.  I'm the EO ho!

Among the most expensive are Rose Absolute, Neroli, Jasmine Absolute, Indian Sandalwood & Rose Otto, buy those all at once and you'll def mortgage your house!!

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Eden Botanicals has wonderful  e.o.s. I adore all there rose oils, my fav is rose de mai absolute. To my nose it’s a muted rose sent. All pure Rose e.o.s are expensive but you only need a few drops. I make a facial serum and it’s lovely. Great for all skin types, mature skin as well. I think they have hydrosols as well, way cheaper than the oils. I do love the company!

their rose geranium is wonderful!!! Less expensive. Also to my nose strong scent.

Edited by CandleRush
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Everything in my life is about EO's. I'm was into the chamomiles last night and in the next couple fo days I'm working on a blue chamomile eye serum/balm and today I'm doing some Helicrysum facial serums/light lotions.

Rose is my favorite. I'm not even that picky, just any rose EO.

I'm thinking of doing an order soon...

• Like 2

On 2/27/2019 at 8:42 PM, CandleRush said:

Are you selling these? Those sound good! I find so many people don’t like rose scent which makes me sad. I would make everything with roses! I make rose perfumes using essential oils and blend with other oils. Lately,  palo santo is one I love.

I do! I can't keep rose in stock! I love Plalo Santo but I don't use it (because of the nature of capitalism forcing over harvesting and the traditional uses of the Indigenous people gets stolen by non Indigenous people. That's just me, I'm not meaning to sound like a self righteous ass. )

I'm obviously a big rose fan too, as I seem to be the main one who keeps bringing it up on here.  I used to grow a lot of hybrid tea roses from Jackson & Perkins and just love 'em.  I could probably have bought enough of these EOs and absolutes to keep me happy for what I spent on the plants, soil, fertilizers, and chemicals!  So I'm all ears about any of your favorite rose items.

I avoided rose FOs for the past 12 years because I just didn't think they'd come close to my precious hybrid teas, but I branched out recently and got a few FOs from Wholesale Supplies Plus and am really enjoying them.  My initial reviews are in this post about rose scents over in the fragrance forum:

Rose stuff

I ended up finding a rose otto diluted in jojoba at Whole Foods, and that will do me for now.  I'm mixing it in with some rose hip oil that doesn't have much scent, and using that as a facial serum.  I'll drop some in a facial mist next, and in the meantime I'm checking out everything you all mentioned above!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/2/2019 at 10:49 AM, Darbla said:

I'm obviously a big rose fan too, as I seem to be the main one who keeps bringing it up on here.  I used to grow a lot of hybrid tea roses from Jackson & Perkins and just love 'em.  I could probably have bought enough of these EOs and absolutes to keep me happy for what I spent on the plants, soil, fertilizers, and chemicals!  So I'm all ears about any of your favorite rose items.

I avoided rose FOs for the past 12 years because I just didn't think they'd come close to my precious hybrid teas, but I branched out recently and got a few FOs from Wholesale Supplies Plus and am really enjoying them.  My initial reviews are in this post about rose scents over in the fragrance forum:

Rose stuff

I ended up finding a rose otto diluted in jojoba at Whole Foods, and that will do me for now.  I'm mixing it in with some rose hip oil that doesn't have much scent, and using that as a facial serum.  I'll drop some in a facial mist next, and in the meantime I'm checking out everything you all mentioned above!

I hear you on the FO's not representing the Rose. ITs so sad!