The Perfect Orange

ellajoan

I don't have experience with it in any candles, but I use the orange EO from brambleberry, the "10x" one that is "folded" 10 times, basically just super concentrated, and it's very affordable for an EO. It is REALLY strong, and smells like straight up fresh oranges. It is so strong that I have to be careful when adding it to a batch of solid lotions for my mother and others in the family who like citrus stuff, because if I am trying to make them something a little more complex/nuanced, like a floral with hints of orange and vanilla or something, the orange 10x EO will totally dominate the whole thing if I add even a few drops too much.

Edited by NaughtyNancy

20 hours ago, ellajoan said:

WaxingPoetic, does the EO version work in soy candles?

Ive never had any luck with using EO in candles or in tarts. In candles you can barely smell it and citrus EO always had a fuel smell while burning. 

Considering the cost of Eo and how much you would need, I personally  don't think its worth the trouble and cost of not only the Eo but the wax. 

But you might have different experience + better results that I did. Give it a try and see what you think :) Let us know how it worked for you.

4 minutes ago, strugglebrother said:

Fresh Squeezed Oranges from Rustic smells just like it in my opinion.

Same here -  OOB at least. I have not yet burned it in anything. 

Re:essential oils. Many are very affordable. The secret to getting throw is to not wick as hot as usual. Lavender 40/42 can smell beautiful in soy wax. Lemongrass can knock your socks off. It takes some out of the box thinking, but it can be done if you're able to find the right wax and Wick combo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Same here -  OOB at least. I have not yet burned it in anything. 

Re:essential oils. Many are very affordable. The secret to getting throw is to not wick as hot as usual. Lavender 40/42 can smell beautiful in soy wax. Lemongrass can knock your socks off. It takes some out of the box thinking, but it can be done if you're able to find the right wax and Wick combo.

They are great for throw, always punches through... 

Many of them can give me a "headache" feel to it. So I burn and test a lot before I use them.

Haven't burned it yet either

• 1 month later...

Darn it all, I finally got the RE Fresh Squeezed Oranges into wax and waited for the 2 week cure.  Test burned it today----aaaaaand the burning fuel smell.  Think the sterno warming tins caterers use. 

Isn't AromaHaven the same as Rustic Escentuals?