Cost of Labels

It seems my labels will cost more than the wax or fragrance....does this seem right. to you guys?? Used to print them on my computer but it seems so   unprofessional if a random drop of water should hit them and melt  entire thing...my fault I know....So I looked at Zazzle and to see if this was the route to go...Now I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the price of custom stickers!..6.25-6:65 for FOUR stickers...from Zazzle...What do you do...? Do you guys print your own  or do you have them printed for you?

My labels are much simpler than anything I would need to use Zazzle for, but I use mine pre-printed from browncraftlabels.com I get 100 sheets (depending on label size anywhere from 10 - 30 per sheet) for $30 including shipping. I cannot remember how much it cost for my one time set up fee for my logo - seemed pricey at the time, but has been worth it for me. 

Probably does not help you at all. 

• Like 3

This is so timely. I’m looking at different options for my own labels also. I do use a laser printer but the time and materials are not small when you add it all up.

I posted a few recent threads with different service options like

stickeryou.com

labelsbythesheet.com

bulkapothecary.com

lightninglabels.com etc.

the cheapest I found for what I needed was stickeryou with the coupon.  You gotta buy a lot though to make them worthwhile. Short runs will always be super spend he. 

I’m seriously considering buying a Primera printer just because the sheets never pull exactly right through a laser or inkjet. The rolls of labels will make individuals super cheap!

• Like 3

I've been looking at it for years and can't justify the expense. To make it work for me I have to order in increments of 500 - 1000 + to make it work. It still doesn't because that would be for one scent so it would have to be a generic label.

The other thing is you can order at specific times of the year when the company has a big sale. I believe Trappeur orders from Zazzle when they have their annual 50% off sale. Or maybe I am thinking of someone else.

Anyway, some of the custom label companies like Zazzle, Vista Print, and Printmything have pretty good sales to stock up. But that still doesn't work for me.

I just don't do the volume to make it worth my while.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I've been looking at it for years and can't justify the expense. To make it work for me I have to order in increments of 500 - 1000 + to make it work. It still doesn't because that would be for one scent so it would have to be a generic label.

The other thing is you can order at specific times of the year when the company has a big sale. I believe Trappeur orders from Zazzle when they have their annual 50% off sale. Or maybe I am thinking of someone else.

Anyway, some of the custom label companies like Zazzle, Vista Print, and Printmything have pretty good sales to stock up. But that still doesn't work for me.

I just don't do the volume to make it worth my while.

I agree candybee  I don't make the volume but I do make the variety...how do you order labels for each scent when you may only make 8 candles in any particular scent...looking at getting clear tape for my label maker (to identify fragrance) and getting a generic labels for my candles. I'm comfortable with Vista Print since I've used them for other things...just not sure if they are the best choice cost wise .  I'm checking out Talltayl's list and Jcandleattic's suggestion...really nice to get everyone's opinions/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunday said:

It seems my labels will cost more than the wax or fragrance....does this seem right. to you guys?? Used to print them on my computer but it seems so   unprofessional if a random drop of water should hit them and melt  entire thing...my fault I know....So I looked at Zazzle and to see if this was the route to go...Now I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the price of custom stickers!..6.25-6:65 for FOUR stickers...from Zazzle...What do you do...? Do you guys print your own  or do you have them printed for you?

Gosh Sunday, your looking at labels...you need to type in the word "sticker".  They are 20 on a page.  Comes out to like 15cents to 25cents a label.  Zazzle has the 50% sale just about every week.  I never order ever the regular price.  Sunday what size do you need anyway?    What jar do you use?.  I'll help you out.

Trappeur

• Like 3

Hey Sunday!

Well you lucked out on a perfect size for your jar as Zazzle has few sizes which is horrible but they have the 1 1/2" size which is pretty much what I use all the time and that size is perfect for your jar.  Did you find any artwork/designs that you like?  They have "MILLIONS".  So when you go to the search bar for example if you are looking for let's say a pine tree, type in (pine tree sticker)....always remember you need to put the word sticker in there.   Most people get frustrated with Zazzle.  If I can help you, just message me Sunday and I'll tell you / suggestions of how to navigate around there.   They come 20 on a page and there is daily sales there.   50% off is generally once a week or every 2 weeks.

Trappeur

• Like 2

Awsome Trappeur ...those sales sound great...definitely more do-able prices... ..,still only finding the $6.00+ stickers but will have a really good hunt through the website...I'll message you tomorrow if get Zazzled out! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Gosh Sunday, your looking at labels...you need to type in the word "sticker".  They are 20 on a page.  Comes out to like 15cents to 25cents a label.  Zazzle has the 50% sale just about every week.  I never order ever the regular price.  Sunday what size do you need anyway?    What jar do you use?.  I'll help you out.

Trappeur

How do you know about the sales? Did you sign up for a newsletter and get emails re sales? I am always open to checking out new deals and ideas for custom labels.

I changed up my business model recently, fine, I'm in the middle of changing things. Part of the reason that I am struggling with labels is that I have say 35 aromatherapy roll ons, I'm testing which ones work best and are most popular, lowering it to 15. So I can afford to buy labels at onlinelabels and get the oil proof IE more oil and water resistant then regular ones from Avery which I have been using for YEARS.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Late to the thread, but I always enjoy researching labels. I used to purchase labels from LabelsOnTheFly.com (and still do, actually, for my warning labels). For single color B/W, it’s dirt cheap and good quality. They also have plenty of size options and are quick!

For my product labeling, I broke down and bought a Primera Label Printer. It’s not cheap to operate—I estimate between .25-.33 per label. BUT, the quality is fantastic, and the labeling options are endless! When I compare my old labels to new, it’s night and day difference. 

• Thanks 2