Lemongrass versus lemon verbena....

Trappeur

I am wanting to make up a special candle in one of my crystal pieces for one of the owners for Christmas of one of my accounts as a little token of my appreciation of the tremendous business that I receive from them.  I asked her one day what her favorite scent was and she said lemongrass.  Well I've always wanted to add that to my line so I ordered a sample from Flaming.  I can't tell the difference between the lemon grass and lemon verbena?  I guess I'm imagining the lemongrass to be a little more like earthy.  Is there a good lemongrass out there that maybe I should get?  Or should I add something more to it?   Like fresh cut grass?  Geesh I just don't know what to do.  Then I was thinking I have heard of lemongrass & sage...hmmmm..just don't know what to do?

Granted I haven't put it into wax, but they sure smell the same.

Trappeur

To my nose the Lemon Verbena has more floral tones and Lemongrass does not.  I'm sniffing on the Lemongrass EO right now and it's pretty clean fresh lemon scent with no floral to me.

I love Lemongrass and don't like Lemon Verbena if that helps at all.

6 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Are you supposed to smell some grass in it KK?

Trappeur

I don't smell grass in lemongrass. To my nose, it's exactly the way kandlekrazy described it, - fresh, clean, lemon with no hints of floral like the verbena is. 

However, in the lemongrass and sage, you should be able to definitely smell the sage in it. I actually like lemongrass and sage much better than straight lemongrass, but I do like lemongrass as well, but like kk, do not like lemon verbena. 

Lemon verbena smells sharp and very lemony to me. The verbena reminds me of green leaves, together verbena and lemon smells like a sharp, green, deeply lemon scent. The very best lemon verbena FO I found is from AH. Definitely worth trying a sample of this. Customers really love the deep, fresh, lemony scent with that note of green verbena in it.

Lemongrass to me smells like a very lemony vegetable. I don't know how else to describe it. It has a fresh lemon scent but also its not sharp to me like lemon verbena. The green notes in lemongrass are more subtle. Its a bit of a softer, warmer lemon to my nose.

I use lemongrass EO but only in soapmaking. I mix it with lime EO. I just love this mix. I can't help you with a lemongrass FO. But it seems to me that FB has a nice lemongrass FO blend under a perfume's trade name. If I find it I will post the name.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

Hey Trapp,

I personally love the lemongrass from the Candle Source.  KK is right in that there are no floral notes in lemongrass, it's a pure scent.

Me to Candlesource definitely the winner for me .I only use their lemongrass & have tried many .Trapp I have  even added a splash of their Pink lemonade to make the lemon really pop.It depends on how strong you want the lemon note ,either way is great 😀

• Like 1