Galenr3393

This might be a weird question but if I’m making multiple batches of wax melts with different fragrance oils as long as I keep cleaning all my equipment should I be concerned that all the scents in the room might cause the end product smell weird? Also is it okay to let all my different tarts cure in the same area? 

No, it shouldn't affect the fragrance of the tarts.

Are they packaged individually? If you have loose tarts all jumbled together and touching each other there might be some surface-to-surface transfer of fragrance, but if they're in individual packaging there's no need to worry.

In order to ensure a slow cooling process, I sometimes cool my scented wax in a cooler.  Sometimes a stronger scent will linger in the cooler and make the other stuff smell like that one --TEMPORARILY.  Once everything gets out into the open air and then sealed off in their own containers, they smell like what they are supposed to smell like.  :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've never noticed a scent transfer with using the same equipment as long as I wipe it out really good after I pour the wax. I've also never noticed any scent change or transfer by pouring batches of different scented wax and letting it all cool off in the same room right next to each other.

I wouldn't pour  an odor eliminator next to my other scents though. I've never had this happen and it could be just someone's opinion but I have read on here somewhere that it will suck the scent of your other wax out. It seems like someone made candles and said they put them in the same box with some that were made with odor eliminator FO and it sucked the scent out. Maybe I misunderstood but I guess it wouldn't hurt to be careful.

12 hours ago, Belinda said:

I've never noticed a scent transfer with using the same equipment as long as I wipe it out really good after I pour the wax.

Yup!   This is pretty much what I do.  After pouring, I heat my pitchers in the water presto and wipe it out with paper towel.

I have never experienced scent blending of any sort. 

• Like 1