KYSOY 125 and Wick Mushrooming

Hey all, I am Currently using KYSOY, single wicking 8 ounce square mason jars and double wicking 26 ounce apothecary jars.  I typically use one of three types of wicks, HTP’s, CD’s or Cotton.  My problem is with scents that contain spices, especially cinnamon, I can’t for the life of me get a good burn without excessive mushrooming.  I’ve tried wicking down, but usually don’t get a good melt pool.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Jennifer

Now other chandlers may disagree with me here.  That is their American/Canadian right.  LOL  But I really don't stress out over carbon beads / mushrooms on my candles.  Combustion happens.  There is no such thing as a perfect candle, in my book, because burning conditions vary greatly among customers.  I test burn in fairly controlled conditions -- wick trimmed, no draft, no extinguishing until a full melt pool is achieved, etc.  And I don't get a ton of mushrooms.  But sometimes customers ignore good burning tips, so they are going to get soot, major shrooms, tunneling, etc.  So I go for a good scent throw and a good melt pool.   You could try cutting back on the spicy scent load and see if that helps.  But if your wax is 100% soy, you probably aren't going to get great HT.  Spices are funky that way in the soy waxes I've tested.  ETA:  Especially cinnamons.  And when I say I get an occasional bead, I'm not talking the size of a ping pong ball.  LOL  I *would* take exception to that.  :D   Mine are fairly small.  Maybe you can post a pic so I can get an idea of what you mean... because personal definitions of "excessive" might vary too.  

Edited by Crafty1_AJ
  • Thanks 1