Insurance Certificates

kandlekrazy

When you sell wholesale do you provide a copy of your insurance certificate or an additionally insured certificate to the store buying?  I used to automatically include one with my wholesale packet and now that I'm on the end of buying wholesale soaps the makers look at me like I'm crazy when I ask for it.??

I'm realizing that most of the people here that make soap & candles do not have insurance.  They run businesses , have websites, do markets (which kills me because in So Cal we had to provide cert to the market) and have no insurance and most likely no business license unless they have their own store.

12 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I'm realizing that most of the people here that make soap & candles do not have insurance.  They run businesses , have websites, do markets (which kills me because in So Cal we had to provide cert to the market) and have no insurance and most likely no business license unless they have their own store.

Crazy isn't it? 

to get into bigger and better venues you really need to show proof of insurance, and name the additional insured. It is simply a cost of doing business. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I don't understand how people are not afraid of losing everything in this litigious society. People will sue over EVERYTHING. 

Even when I took my 2.5 year break, I kept my insurance because I had been selling for about 9 years prior to that, and I was afraid I still had product out there, and even though *I* knew it was a safe product is used correctly, I also know how people are and I didn't want to get caught with my pants down so to speak.. 

• Like 1