What wax do you use for clams?

Belinda

On 3/2/2018 at 5:25 PM, katmeltswax said:

Does your 230 have a strong vinegar type odor? I ordered both 220 &230 samples from Candlewic, could not get passed the horrible smell .I am glad to hear your getting good results .I have not heard many reviews on this new wax .

It can absolutely have a vinegar odor right at first. However, once I allow them to cure for 1 1/2- 2 weeks, it is not present at all. The first few days after making them, you may still smell the vinegar, but I promise, it disappears completely and after curing you will only smell the fragrance! I love it!

On March 4, 2018 at 11:12 AM, katmeltswax said:

I use CW 129 & get very good results ,however I have never used the 141 to compare. I also  use a blend of 4625 &4630 .I just received some 464 & experimenting with a blend of 4630,4625 &464 , curious to see the results with wax melts .I do have a sample of the 141. The melting point is high ,so I was concerned how tarts may melt in low watt burners idk. 

I have three different warmers. One is a 25 watt heat plate type. One is a 20 watt bulb glass warmer and bowl. One is a 20 watt bulb ceramic warmer and bowl.

So far in my testing, the 141 gets a full melt pool on the plate warmer and the glass warmer' but not the ceramic one. The throw is great with the glass warmer, varies with the plate warmer, and poor with the ceramic warmer. The HT does last quite a long time.

I really like the look of the 141, but I am leaning toward the 129 for performance, I can always add a little 125 or soy 125 to get the opacity that I like. The 141 is also really bumpy unless you cool it slooooowly, which I don't have the patience for, lol!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I have three different warmers. One is a 25 watt heat plate type. One is a 20 watt bulb glass warmer and bowl. One is a 20 watt bulb ceramic warmer and bowl.

So far in my testing, the 141 gets a full melt pool on the plate warmer and the glass warmer' but not the ceramic one. The throw is great with the glass warmer, varies with the plate warmer, and poor with the ceramic warmer. The HT does last quite a long time.

I really like the look of the 141, but I am leaning toward the 129 for performance, I can always add a little 125 or soy 125 to get the opacity that I like. The 141 is also really bumpy unless you cool it slooooowly, which I don't have the patience for, lol!

I really love 129 ,no bumpy tops and the throw is great .I do find myself using the 4625 /4630 blend alot more lately.I think the melts last longer with this blend .I have not any issue with this blend taking fragrances ,as with 129 can be a bit picky with many scents .I certainly do want to settle on just 1 wax or blend soon.Shipping charges really get to be a issue with different waxes .I have also had good luck with Candlesource tart blend in the past ,until they switched wax .I think lovelyscents has ordered from CS lately & appears they are back to the original good tart wax blend . I use the hot plates with my melts for testing .I know what you mean about patience ,I do not have any at all for cooling ,curing etc..lol.I guess that's the reason I do not care for soy ,cannot stand to wait on cure time .

• Like 1