Who has the best of these scents?

hometowncandles

Finally, after a couple of moves & some life circumstances, I am able to start making candles again 🎉 Oh how I have missed it! 

I am looking to add a few new scents that customers have ask about, but since having been out of the loop for awhile, suppliers have changed somewhat.  I currently use AH/RE, JS & CS for most of my fragrances, but what are some thoughts about suppliers for the following? 

Home Sweet Home (Yankee Dupe)

Pink Sands (Yankee Dupe)

Salted Caramel

Pineapple Cilantro (or something else similar to Disney’s Sole Whips)

Some sort of Coffee or Coffee Blend 

TIA 

Jennifer

Edited by hometowncandles

For coffee scents I like

RE - Spiced Pumpkin Latte

RE - Caramel Cafe

NG - Mountain Hazelnut Coffee

I have a good Home Sweet Home dupe from Cierra Candles. Haven't actually compared it to YC to see if it's exactly the same though.

• Thanks 1

It would help if you tell us what wax you are using?

Now I use 464

There are only 3 of your scents listed that I can offer my suggestions and these are super throwers in my wax.

Salted Caramel from Flaming

Pineapple from Flaming

Hazelnut Coffee from CS

Trappeur

• Thanks 1

I guess that would help a bit...lol

I’m currently using KY Soy 125 but might be looking at something else for the Pineapple Cilantro.  I’m working on a special candle for a very dear friend of mine, she’s a Disney junkie.  I’m wanting go to make her a layered candle in the Pineapple Cilantro that’s the colors of Mickey Mouse, red, yellow & black.

thanks 

Edited by hometowncandles

I like salted caramel from Flaming, Candle WIC and FB. All are very similar and very nice. I didn't care for the one from Aztec though.

Coffee scents-JS Caramel Cinnamon Latte, Snickers Coffee, and Coffee Ice Cream. NG's Snicker doodle Latte, Aztec's French vanilla latte,  Flaming's Irish cream coffee, and there are more that I can't think of.

FB Pink sands is nice.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hometowncandles said:

I guess that would help a bit...lol

I’m currently using KY Soy 125 but might be looking at something else for the Pineapple Cilantro.  I’m working on a special candle for a very dear friend of mine, she’s a Disney junkie.  I’m wanting go to make her a layered candle in the Pineapple Cilantro that’s the colors of Mickey Mouse, red, yellow & black.

thanks 

Oh  that sounds so cute of a Micky Mouse color!

Trappeur

• 1 month later...

I use the bulk apothecary interpretation for my coffee note. They call it Coffee Beans. It's a very warm, roasted sort of coffee smell, almost faintly sweet but not overblown, and nothing else. It smells super good to me, and I like that I can blend it pretty easily to make different types of coffee scents. Like I can add other fragrances like pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla and so on to it, and they turn out really well. The only experiment I did upon request that went very badly was when someone wanted a mocha sort of scent. Since the Coffee Beans scent is again a very warm roasted kind of scent, that roasted quality did not get along too well with a chocolate note, to me it smelled really bad, and I suspect the person who I made it for was also a bit taken aback but just gave me a polite fib on it since it was a free favor. With other warmer type notes, though, and typical fall notes, it really blends like a champ. Bulk apothecary in general for me is very hit or miss, though. Have a definite love/hate thing going on with that company. When one of their oils is good, it's extremely good. When it's.. not so good, it can be outright icky.

On 10/8/2017 at 10:15 AM, hometowncandles said:

Finally, after a couple of moves & some life circumstances, I am able to start making candles again 🎉 Oh how I have missed it! 

I am looking to add a few new scents that customers have ask about, but since having been out of the loop for awhile, suppliers have changed somewhat.  I currently use AH/RE, JS & CS for most of my fragrances, but what are some thoughts about suppliers for the following? 

Home Sweet Home (Yankee Dupe)

Pink Sands (Yankee Dupe)

Salted Caramel

Pineapple Cilantro (or something else similar to Disney’s Sole Whips)

Some sort of Coffee or Coffee Blend 

TIA 

Jennifer

Welcome back to candle making hometowncandles!  I use the following:

Home sweet home - Natures Garden, I think JS has this scent too but I haven't used it

Salted Caramel - Fragrance Buddy, Flaming

PIneapple Cilantro - Bittercreek (I think)

Coffee - JS Snickers Coffee, JS Caramel Cinnamon Latte, JS Caramel Macchiato, JS Coffee Ice Cream, BW Gingerbread Latte, JS Peppermint Mocha, WSP Cardamom Mocha, AH Butter Rum Cappuccino, ICS Coffee Bean, JS Pumpkin Spice Latte, ICS Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee