Who is up for a board challenge?

TallTayl

Hey forum folks, I could use some hive imagination. We have been wanting to redesign and rebrand craftserver for a very long time. As I sit and stare at fonts, colors and logo choices I get sort of paralyzed and put the project aside for another day. I don't want to wait any more.... that to do list item stares at me every time I sit at my desk. 

Who wants to help design a new logo and tagline for CraftServer? 

I tend to lean toward non-serif fonts and simple graphics that can easily be scaled up and down with colors that work well displayed in color or black and white. 

Once we figure out the first bit, we can update the forum skin and banner along with a reorganization of the forums to make it all easier to use and navigate. But let's not think about that just yet, winter is coming, we will have time.

if we can come up with something by mid-November there will be time to make CraftServer ornaments for your holiday decor. 

Are you up for it?

48 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Hey forum folks, I could use some hive imagination. We have been wanting to redesign and rebrand craftserver for a very long time. As I sit and stare at fonts, colors and logo choices I get sort of paralyzed and put the project aside for another day. I don't want to wait any more.... that to do list item stares at me every time I sit at my desk. 

Who wants to help design a new logo and tagline for CraftServer? 

I tend to lean toward non-serif fonts and simple graphics that can easily be scaled up and down with colors that work well displayed in color or black and white. 

Once we figure out the first bit, we can update the forum skin and banner along with a reorganization of the forums to make it all easier to use and navigate. But let's not think about that just yet, winter is coming, we will have time.

if we can come up with something by mid-November there will be time to make CraftServer ornaments for your holiday decor. 

Are you up for it?

I'd love to help.

I've been a graphic designer for 20 years and know a lot more about design/marketing than I do about candles!

I'm also one who loves more simplistic designs.

I designed and maintain three websites for my current company so I understand the challenges of making things look right online.

Let me know if you want my help and how you want to proceed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dorothy Mantooth said:

I'd love to help.

I've been a graphic designer for 20 years and know a lot more about design/marketing than I do about candles!

I'm also one who loves more simplistic designs.

I designed and maintain three websites for my current company so I understand the challenges of making things look right online.

Let me know if you want my help and how you want to proceed.

Same goes for me as well TT. I work with Adobe Illustrator everyday almost and can take any of your graphics or logos and turn them into vectors. This way you can scale up/down infinetly.

If Dorothy is a GD then she should have zero problems doing this as well..its mostly a hobby for me to design in AI, but it appears she does it on a higher level than me and thats good news for you and the CS boards :P

Just let us know a general idea for a Craft Server logo or "mascot" and whomever wants to help can start designing it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I know right?! That got me too a few minutes ago. 😋😅

What if... <GASP> 
What if it's THE SAME ONE in TWO PLACES at the SAME TIME!?  

TT!!!! What have you done!!!? The creation of clubs has created TWO Candy BEES!!! 

giphy.gif

Think about this for a second... What are you gonna do if I spontaneously replicate? I mean *I'll* be having a blast... but, yanno.... OTHERS might not. (I'm just say'n) 

Image result

;)

Sponiebr
Guru at Good Thoughts and Creative Positive Self Awareness

(LOL... Just mess'n with ya... I'm still THE ONE and ONLY  Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services)   

Edited by Sponiebr
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

What if... <GASP> 
What if it's THE SAME ONE in TWO PLACES at the SAME TIME!?  

TT!!!! What have you done!!!? The creation of clubs has created TWO Candy BEES!!! 

giphy.gif

Think about this for a second... What are you gonna do if I spontaneously replicate? I mean *I'll* be having a blast... but, yanno.... OTHERS might not. (I'm just say'n) 

Image result

;)

Sponiebr
Guru at Good Thoughts and Creative Positive Self Awareness

(LOL... Just mess'n with ya... I'm still THE ONE and ONLY  Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services)   

If you replicate God help us all. RIP Craft Server 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Funny girls. I am Candy Baker frequent lurker, infrequent poster. I make potpourri and home scents and usually hang out in the Fragrance area.  I have been hanging around here since 2006. *hiding*

On 10/5/2017 at 11:37 AM, TallTayl said:

I know right?! That got me too a few minutes ago. 😋😅

10 hours ago, candyb said:

Funny girls. I am Candy Baker frequent lurker, infrequent poster. I make potpourri and home scents and usually hang out in the Fragrance area.  I have been hanging around here since 2006. *hiding*

It wasnt you we were worried about, more so our dear Candy Bee that troubled us lol :D

11 hours ago, candyb said:

Sorry I called you girls, my bad, not paying attention.:faint::faint::faint:

Oh PLEASE don't be sorry... Compared to what I normally get called, getting called a girl is the highest complement. Girl is at least HUMAN. 

:laugh2:

12 hours ago, Clear Black said:

It wasnt you we were worried about, more so our dear Candy Bee that troubled us lol :D

Speaking of which, I'm getting a little nervous here, where IS she? I feel... like, she's WATCHING... silently...:eek2:  

Sponiebr
That guy/girl/IT(meh... get creative with this) wid da BAD ideas'n junk... 

• Haha 2

Hi all. I made our little working group private for the time being. I did see the question there, and will pose it in a new thread to the general public, I'm so glad someone brought it up before me..... I have a vision for the community, and do want to know how members see it to ensure we are all on the same track. 

If anyone is is interested in working the project I can send an invite to you for the new "club" group. 

• 2 weeks later...

question:  do we anticipate Craft Server  website going extinct??????  If this web-site and all it's members goes dark, I may have to go on some kind of anxiety meds !!!!!  Ya'll have been so important to me over the years that I don't know what I'll do without you ! ! ! ! ! !

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 10/25/2017 at 12:04 AM, Pam W said:

question:  do we anticipate Craft Server  website going extinct??????  If this web-site and all it's members goes dark, I may have to go on some kind of anxiety meds !!!!!  Ya'll have been so important to me over the years that I don't know what I'll do without you ! ! ! ! ! !

Same Here!!!! 

• Like 1