GB 464 blend to dip pinecones

gls

I would like to make some scented pine cones with leftover 464 wax.    I tried using straight 464 but it is too soft and the pine cones made a mess in the basket.    Can anyone recommend a harder wax I could blend with the 464?   I only plan on making a few of these so I don't want to spend a ton testing out new waxes...Please don't take offense to my wanting a shortcut!  I realize candle making is all about testing, testing, testing.   I enjoy the testing aspect of making candles but would prefer not to spend days and all my FO money on this side tangent.   

As I am writing this, I wonder if it would be cheaper to just buy a small amount of a "hard" wax and not try to blend...but that still leaves me with leftover  464 wax from candle rejects...

Soooo...if you can give me any help, just off the top of your head, I would really appreciate it! :)

• Like 1

Thank You all!!! :soapbabydance:

My Dad has alzheimer's and picking up pinecones is something I can do to keep him active and he feels productive...kinda gives him a sense that he is working on his landscaping again (he is no longer allowed near the weed killer!!);).   We might just make a few more dipped ones for the family and neighbors if i get the ratio figured out and the paraffin is not cost prohibitive...

Edited by gls

Yes - I am commenting on my own post (nerd!)

I have ZZtop - La Grange playing on my iphone and watching that "baby" above dancing to it made me spit soda thru my nose it (the guitar solo is spot on)!!!  Guess I don't need to say - I am easily amused!

BTW - dropped by  parents house and Mom has 3 boxes of the canning wax you all mentioned.  She dug it out of the very back of the cabinet (looks like its been there for decades)  she insisted I take all of it.  She said she should probably get a fresh box if she ever decides to use it in chocolate candy again (Really Mom - you think!?!):D

I hope to test it out later today,  again, thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...