Favorites from Flaming Candle?

GailC

Since Peak went out of business, Flaming may become my main supplier for the jars I use.  I used to drive to Ohio to get jars from The Candlemaker's Store, but now they don't carry either jar I use. :( 

Anyway, I have never ordered from Flaming Candle, and have searched the threads already for suggestions, but thought I would just ask you all for suggestions, and save myself from a lot more searching hopefully.  Besides, sometimes people just use initials for suppliers and then the post wouldn't even show up in a search.

I have already seen a lot of good reviews on Caramel Tobacco or something like that, but I don't want any more tobacco FO's.

Also have seen recommendations for Chai, Lemon Verbena and Vanilla Bean Noel.  Are there any others from FC you love?  Thanks!

I like North Pole,  Alpine Cheer, Irish Cream Coffee, pumpkin apple butter, Raw sugar mandarin, Salted Caramel, Snicker Doodle is pretty good, sugared pralines, summer scoop, Tea and Cakes, Sweet strawberry, vanilla pumpkin marshmallow. I have samples of many others but have never put them in wax.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I like North Pole,  Alpine Cheer, Irish Cream Coffee, pumpkin apple butter, Raw sugar mandarin, Salted Caramel, Snicker Doodle is pretty good, sugared pralines, summer scoop, Tea and Cakes, Sweet strawberry, vanilla pumpkin marshmallow. I have samples of many others but have never put them in wax.

Hope this helps!

Yes that helps.  Some of those I don't already have from other suppliers.  Have you smelled Redwood & Cedar?  I have a sample of that from Tennessee but have no idea if FC's would smell similar.  Trying to find something different from what I already have.  

I did see lots of positive comments about North Pole during my Flaming Candle search.  I have Candy Cane already from NG, but North Pole also has vanilla in it.  So I'm thinking about that one.

Edited by GailC

2 hours ago, GailC said:

Yes that helps.  Some of those I don't already have from other suppliers.  Have you smelled Redwood & Cedar?  I have a sample of that from Tennessee but have no idea if FC's would smell similar.  Trying to find something different from what I already have.  

I did see lots of positive comments about North Pole during my Flaming Candle search.  I have Candy Cane already from NG, but North Pole also has vanilla in it.  So I'm thinking about that one.

I've never smelled redwood and cedar. You get a free sample when you place an order though so maybe you could get that one as your free sample. It sounds like it would be good!

I really like North Pole. It's a little sweeter than plain Candy Cane. I LOVE Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow from every vendor except JS. All of the ones I've smelled all smell the same except hers. 

3 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I've never smelled redwood and cedar. You get a free sample when you place an order though so maybe you could get that one as your free sample. It sounds like it would be good!

I really like North Pole. It's a little sweeter than plain Candy Cane. I LOVE Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow from every vendor except JS. All of the ones I've smelled all smell the same except hers. 

I have Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow from Aztec.  I do like it, because I am quite frankly sick of pumpkin everything scented candles, which is what everyone wants this time of year.  At least the Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow isn't so very pumpkiny.   :)

Just now, GailC said:

I have Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow from Aztec.  I do like it, because I am quite frankly sick of pumpkin everything scented candles, which is what everyone wants this time of year.  At least the Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow isn't so very pumpkiny.   :)

Ha! Ha! So true! I guess that's what I love about it too! It has a sweetness to it and I'm all about sweet stuff! LOL!

• Like 1

I like Baja Cactus Blossom for all priducts,  Beautiful day for b& b ( light scent throw for me in wax), I recently bought sweet strawberry as was recommended- I like it in wax,  beachwood,  tobacco caramel.

I haven't purchased Flaming's Redwood and cedar before,  but smelled of it when I was visiting their showroom before and in my opinion it smells similar to Tennessee Candles and so does Fragrance Buddy's version.  

Pretty sure Trappeur will tell you lemon verbena!  It is great.  I use several from them and have been pleased.  I get my jars, wicks, and 4625 from them.  Great customer service and fast shipping ups for me.  I'm in south GA and get next day.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shar said:

I like Baja Cactus Blossom for all priducts,  Beautiful day for b& b ( light scent throw for me in wax), I recently bought sweet strawberry as was recommended- I like it in wax,  beachwood,  tobacco caramel.

I haven't purchased Flaming's Redwood and cedar before,  but smelled of it when I was visiting their showroom before and in my opinion it smells similar to Tennessee Candles and so does Fragrance Buddy's version.  

Thanks Shar!  If it smells similar to Tennessee's I just may get some.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belinda said:

Hope this helps!

Belinda,  would you consider Flaming's pumpkin apple butter to be interchangeable with NG's version?  Thanks! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Ive always thought Peak 's Fruit Slices smelled very similar to Volcano but never tried  Flamings.

I like Fragrance buddy's volcano dupe best,  but running low and seems they are not offering a Labor Day sale like previous years:( I have some fruit slices from Tennessee Candles in the closet and just  compared the two and quite similar to my nose. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shar said:

I like Fragrance buddy's volcano dupe best,  but running low and seems they are not offering a Labor Day sale like previous years:( I have some fruit slices from Tennessee Candles in the closet and just  compared the two and quite similar to my nose. 

Thanks Shar I'll have to give FB's a try. What about their tea + cakes, have you tried that one ? If you like Mint Chocolate Chip FB's is awesome ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

Thanks Shar!  If it smells similar to Tennessee's I just may get some.

I was impressed with the oob strength of the scent as well.  I had plenty redwood cedar on hand or would have purchased.  I like FB's dupe too and usually buy from them during sales and they have free shipping if you spend$100. I wish Flaming had sales other than new introductory fragrances. 

52 minutes ago, Shar said:

I kept looking for Fragrance Buddy or Aztec to have a Labor Day Sale, but no such luck....or maybe it was luck considering all the FO's I've bought lately. :)

27 minutes ago, Shar said:

I was impressed with the oob strength of the scent as well.  I had plenty redwood cedar on hand or would have purchased.  I like FB's dupe too and usually buy from them during sales and they have free shipping if you spend$100. I wish Flaming had sales other than new introductory fragrances. 

I made an order with  FB during their 4th of July Sale.  I like that they counted the $100 for free shipping before they took off the percentage during the sale.  I appreciate their sales.  And I like most all the FO's I've gotten there.

But since I'm getting ready to order from Flaming, I'll probably go with their Redwood & Cedar.

We've used a little bit from them. 

Be Enchanted felt was light. 

Birch and Black Pepper (I so want to try so if anyone does, please let me know what it's like)

Black Cedarwood & Juniper (If you like heavy on the earthy type fragrances you might like this. We combine it with another FO though. It is one of my favorites though)

Cedarleaf and lavender (Another I really want to try, but if anyone has, please let me know what it's like)

Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla ... worth the try IMO. It's just good. 

Their Karma type comes close to what Scent Works had ... it's less expensive, but I still miss Scent Works' version.

Nutmeg and Spice (curious about this as well)

Roasted Pine Cone (is nice. It's used as a mixer, but could stand alone)

Rose Jam (all of this is just nasty to my nose ... doesn't matter the vendor)

We have a few others to try! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ellajoan said:

Leaves from Flaming has a fantastic cold and hot throw in 464.  It's a good dupe to White Barn's Autumn from many years ago.  I am suspecting it will sell well this fall.  

I have Leaves FO from Aztec and Thursday I made 8 Leaves candles in my new frosted jars.  Put a picture on my Facebook page and they are all spoken for already! I don't know if it's the fragrance or the jar or both, but I've never had such a response from my facebook friends over a candle.

leaves.jpg