My Soap Curing Racks

Candybee

Thought you might want to see what my soap curing racks look like. Don't know if any of you remember I had to redo my soap curing room, make it larger, and add more shelving to keep up with the soap I needed to make.

Right now I have over 600 soaps curing on my main shelving unit with about 240 more on my adjoining shelving unit for a total of 840 soaps.  Each shelving unit has 6 soap curing racks which can hold up to 12 batches of 20 soaps each for a grand total of 1440 soaps. I currently am using 2 shelving units so I have a capacity of 2880 soaps.

You can see the shelves have space for more soap because its hard for me to keep up production. I need to make more soap faster even though I have been training myself to produce double the amount since a couple years ago. I still need to expand and not sure I can physically do that.

59a9936127039_Soapcuringracks2(2).thumb.jpg.e32c20946d5cab1eb76596ff9044d712.jpg

If you look closely you can see I use cafeteria trays I line with wax paper to hold each soap batch. I just stack trays on top of trays. Doesn't hurt the soap at all but I do wish I had more room for air flow.

59a9937353679_Soapcuringracks3.thumb.jpg.7ed6ebf73be7d58970e6d8902f3f62bf.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2017 at 1:25 PM, Candybee said:

Those are just soaps curing. I also have cured soaps I carry around in huge plastic totes for the markets and craft shows I do. I usually carry about 300+ soaps in 10 assorted soap boxes plus baskets to my shows... and that's just the soap!:)

CB, have you ever thought about using sheet pan racks like they do in bakeries? Tons of vertical storage, and the racks are skinny so you can just put multiple ones next to each other. The sheet pans also would replicate your cafeteria trays and be stackable in these racks at the same time.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/45131/sheet-pan-racks.html

20 hours ago, Clear Black said:

CB, have you ever thought about using sheet pan racks like they do in bakeries? Tons of vertical storage, and the racks are skinny so you can just put multiple ones next to each other. The sheet pans also would replicate your cafeteria trays and be stackable in these racks at the same time.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/45131/sheet-pan-racks.html

Before I bought my wire shelving units I looked at different options including the same bakers racks you talk about. I thought at first I would go with the bakers racks but when I did the math on the cost and space of the wire shelves I went with those instead. They hold more soap, cost less, and have more space options between racks. They just made better sense for me. Although I do know soapers that use them.