Found New Ecosoya Q210 In Stock!

The manufacturer send fragrance samples they have tested to work with their wax out to suppliers on the internet. Of course the samples behave well! 

But when you test yours that have not been vetted by the manufacturer big fail. 

Seriously I gave the two waxes a huge try and tried tons of fragrances - NO WORK

I know most have given up on this wax but posting this for those who are still testing it.

I decided to try the Q210 with a fragrance oil that is 4 fragrance oils combined. Not from the manufacture either.

I used 3 fragrance oils from Bitter Creek and 1 from Brambleberry to make up this blend.  Used 7% of it and used various wooden wicks. These are two of my testers.  It poured well and I pour at lower temps. Slight vinegar smell in raw form but don't smell it after adding scent and letting it cure.

After 48 hours the cold throw was good (I've been reading others wait 1-2 weeks). I was happy with the hot throw and on some of my testers it burned the full diameter in 2 hours and in others it took 3-4 hours. Flame was anywhere from 3/4 to 1" high and burn pool was 1/4 to 3/8"

When I blow them out they do smoke a bit more then the Advanced did but it wasn't excessive in my testing.

Mostly I use essential oils but am using some fragrance oils for the season.

Including photos of 2 of my testers at the 2 hour mark.

IMG_1878 2.JPG

IMG_5267.JPG

• Like 1

I would want to see your tops after pour - I got pits and oil droplets on top surface which is unsatisfactory to me.

Even heat gunned still nonemusification

FYI Essential oils are not safer than fragrance oils - they are still burned material in the air. Urban myth. 

9855E216-641D-406C-A77F-7606F5E7A284.jpg

IMG_5112.JPG

IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_5118.JPG

33 minutes ago, NightLight said:

I would want to see your tops after pour - I got pits and oil droplets on top surface which is unsatisfactory to me.

Even heat gunned still nonemusification

FYI Essential oils are not safer than fragrance oils - they are still burned material in the air. Urban myth. 

9855E216-641D-406C-A77F-7606F5E7A284.jpg

IMG_5112.JPG

IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_5118.JPG

I posted my pours on page 5 near the bottom they came out great.  This is with 210.  Will be trying 220 soon.

My customers like the essentials and I like them too.  Used to use a lot more FO's and some want certain scents. Sometimes I crave certain scents that I can only get with FO's.

Edited by Firefly
Added more

• 11 months later...

Hi all, 

Did everyone give up on the Q210? I am new to candle making and thought this would be a good wax to start with given what I'd read (maybe they were paid to give good reviews!!). I experienced slight dips in my wax (room temp jars in test 1, warmed jars in test 2). I have HTP wicks, 16oz apothecary jars. Have tried triple wick, double wick and single wick, varying sizes. 

Do you think triple wicking is advanced? Are apothecary jars difficult to work with due to their shape?

I thought if I tried another wick I'd get rid of all the smoking on extinguishing, but I guess not. That's disheartening!

My triple wick test seemed to burn too fast, and the flame was flickering, so I'm planning on reducing size. 

So, back to my first question, did everyone give up on Eco Q210? (I can read up on triple wicking, apothecary jars, sinking in other places here!). I don't want to waste fragrance if it's a lost cause!

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Helen B said:

Hi all, 

Did everyone give up on the Q210? I am new to candle making and thought this would be a good wax to start with given what I'd read (maybe they were paid to give good reviews!!). I experienced slight dips in my wax (room temp jars in test 1, warmed jars in test 2). I have HTP wicks, 16oz apothecary jars. Have tried triple wick, double wick and single wick, varying sizes. 

Do you think triple wicking is advanced? Are apothecary jars difficult to work with due to their shape?

I thought if I tried another wick I'd get rid of all the smoking on extinguishing, but I guess not. That's disheartening!

My triple wick test seemed to burn too fast, and the flame was flickering, so I'm planning on reducing size. 

So, back to my first question, did everyone give up on Eco Q210? (I can read up on triple wicking, apothecary jars, sinking in other places here!). I don't want to waste fragrance if it's a lost cause!

Thanks!

I gave up on it a while back. Terrible stuff. I literally can't tell you anything I liked other than its in pellet form. Lol.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2017 at 10:55 AM, Jcandleattic said:

I have found in this business, as in life, just because you CAN do something, doesn't always mean you SHOULD do something. 

Really? I wish somebody had told me that when I was a teenager, might have kept me from doing a lot of stupid things.

Not a good wax to start with. I would try getting sample bags of c 3, 464 and parasoy blends. A good parasoy is the one Flaming candle has. Very easy to pour, and has great qualities adhesion looks...not the strongest throw but you can play around with it as you get better at candle making.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:15 PM, Firefly said:

I know most have given up on this wax but posting this for those who are still testing it.

I decided to try the Q210 with a fragrance oil that is 4 fragrance oils combined. Not from the manufacture either.

I used 3 fragrance oils from Bitter Creek and 1 from Brambleberry to make up this blend.  Used 7% of it and used various wooden wicks. These are two of my testers.  It poured well and I pour at lower temps. Slight vinegar smell in raw form but don't smell it after adding scent and letting it cure.

After 48 hours the cold throw was good (I've been reading others wait 1-2 weeks). I was happy with the hot throw and on some of my testers it burned the full diameter in 2 hours and in others it took 3-4 hours. Flame was anywhere from 3/4 to 1" high and burn pool was 1/4 to 3/8"

When I blow them out they do smoke a bit more then the Advanced did but it wasn't excessive in my testing.

Mostly I use essential oils but am using some fragrance oils for the season.

Including photos of 2 of my testers at the 2 hour mark.

IMG_1878 2.JPG

IMG_5267.JPG

The look of the Amber jars with the wood wick... I'm in love 

11 hours ago, NightLight said:

Not a good wax to start with. I would try getting sample bags of c 3, 464 and parasoy blends. A good parasoy is the one Flaming candle has. Very easy to pour, and has great qualities adhesion looks...not the strongest throw but you can play around with it as you get better at candle making.

Thanks for the advice. I thought, from what I had read in my research the Q210 was a wax anyone could work with! It's adhering well to my jar, the scent throw isn't bad - it's 'just' the wick - ha ha! I'll see if I can persist until I've used up the wax and see what happens. 

51 minutes ago, Helen B said:

Thanks!

Can you tell me which wax you transitioned to instead?

I use several depending on application. Mostly 6006 and 3022 for parasoy. mottling wax for parrafin. And combination of several for wax melts.

I only tested Quantum waxes because i like to test everything. I didn't have much intention of switching to it unless it rocked my world. Instead its rocking my trash can. The stuff just flat out sucks.... to be frank. Its not the wick. Its the wax. Lol..

6 minutes ago, Helen B said:

Do you remember if you tried square wicks?

I tried every wick I have... which is pretty much every wick I know that is out there including those. Same result.... terrible results across the board. Its not just the wick either, the wax is bad all around.

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2018 at 7:54 PM, Forrest said:

Really? I wish somebody had told me that when I was a teenager, might have kept me from doing a lot of stupid things.

It wouldn't have. I feel like this saying was on repeat to my son when he was a teen, and it never stopped him doing anything he wanted to do!! LOL 

• Like 1